PDA

View Full Version : blue bulbs or clear bulbs

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
06-03-2003, 05:49 PM
does anyone know where i can pick up blue bulbs or clear bulbs for my front signals
i went to crappy tire and they dident have any that would fit my car its a 02 330 ci
also i was wondering if anyone knows how to change the bulbs on the side hazard lights
thanks in advance

SickFinga
06-03-2003, 06:31 PM
Why would you want blue or cleat bulbs???
First most blue bulb will burn your housing out. Second it is a 110 dollar ticket.

Gamite
06-03-2003, 07:04 PM
its only gonna melt it if its over your rated wattage.

SickFinga
06-03-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Gamite
its only gonna melt it if its over your rated wattage.

not true.
same wattage can melt it too, check my headlights

Soldo
06-03-2003, 07:13 PM
DON'T DO EITHER, go with orange man, trust me, it looks better, and you don't have to worry about cops (they see CLEAR/BLUE they assume punk kid!), and if the YOLK effect really bothers you (being able to see the ORANGE behind the clear lens) then just get can of ENGINE enamel (WHITE) and just spray the bulbs, when the cars off it'll LOOK like white bulbs, but when you flash the signals, ORANGE shows up!

djcontra
06-03-2003, 07:33 PM
I run my clear corners with the stock bulbs. They burn an amber/yellow colour similar to a house light. I have yet to have a problem, and it makes them look sooo classy. No egg yolk look.

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
06-03-2003, 09:00 PM
ok boys orange does bother me so im going with soldamatics idea of spraying the bulbs with engine enimal in white
has anyone done this before do i have to spray a lot on
do the bulbs actually look white so u cant see any orange through the clear corner

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
06-03-2003, 09:05 PM
does anyone know how to take out my side hazards

Soldo
06-03-2003, 09:38 PM
Ya i've painted my bulbs white before, its a PIECE OF CAKE, if you'd like shoot i'll even do it FOR YOU, since i have all the materials just lying around!!
And when i'm done you will not see ANY orange through the bulb, and it will shine ORANGE, trust me, if you don't believe me just check mine out, the side markers i'm not sure how to take out mine are a piece of cake, my dad took his side markers off before on his E46 and he told me it says how to do it in the manual, however i dunno if its the BENTLY manual (since he has one) or if it was the factory manuel.
Anyway, PM me if you need my help on anything, i'd be glad to help
Cheers

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
06-03-2003, 09:57 PM
thanks a lot bro i would aprreciate your help a lot just so if i screw up i do not have to go all the way to bmw for new amber bulbs

where do you live around

ian332isport
06-03-2003, 10:22 PM
Another option, although more expensive than painting the bulbs white, is to use Philips Silver vision bulbs.

See here:

Philips Silver vision (http://www.bmw330ci.com/DIY_Silvervision.htm)

Cheers,

Ian.

SickFinga
06-03-2003, 10:28 PM
exactly what i got, my bro grabbed them off ebay, never seen them in canada

WASABI
06-04-2003, 01:03 AM
the side markers should just slide over and it pops out.

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
06-04-2003, 01:19 AM
ok so you do it from the outside thats all i wanted to know
do u know if it slides up or down or which side to push towards

Rolled_Out
06-04-2003, 01:35 AM
push in hard and slide them out towards the back of the car...then untwist the little plastic thing where the bulb is

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
06-04-2003, 01:42 AM
thank you rolled out
and the last question for this topic for me is these phillips bulbs will not burn my houseing liek the blue bulbs would correct ??

Rolled_Out
06-04-2003, 10:16 AM
no they wont..

Jon@Bimmersport
06-04-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by sUpeD Up BiMmEr
ok boys orange does bother me so im going with soldamatics idea of spraying the bulbs with engine enimal in white
has anyone done this before do i have to spray a lot on
do the bulbs actually look white so u cant see any orange through the clear corner

thats wat i told u man, but use silver..soldo..silver works better, todd i got a whole can at my house..u can use it...i'll give it to u sometime cuz we always see eachother at least 3 times a day on the road lol

Soldo
06-04-2003, 10:59 AM
JON he still won't be your friend, HEHEHE, and NO i've seen silver, it shows up you can see the SILVER behind the lense, thats why white is the BEST color for the bulbs, anyhow, i live in BRAMPTON man, PM me and we'll do this!

Daft
06-04-2003, 01:33 PM
Blue bulbs is just, well... ghey! Not to mention highly illegal. White look very nice and i'm pretty sure they are legal. I changed out the ugly orange on my car the same week i got the car. Looks much better. I got the PlatinumVisions from http://www.************/ so no more "egg yolk" effect. Get white bulbs!

MP328
06-04-2003, 05:00 PM
hey soldo does ur offer stand for me too? i'm just around the corner from u? let me know if u have time this weekend. and do u have a pic of urs let me see what it looks like!

and Jon u little cunt where is the CD Key i've been waiting for for the last 5 months???????

btw i hate this orange in the lights.

Soldo
06-04-2003, 05:05 PM
Alan, you know it stands for you too, just PM me, when you have time, and i'll verify
Cheers!

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
06-04-2003, 06:03 PM
well guys this what im going to do
me and jon ( he doesent have a choice if he doesent want to come)
will go down to soldamatics place to which ever time is convient for him and then when i park it in the winter i will order those phillips bulbs so i do not have to wait for them during summer

Mikester
06-05-2003, 03:56 PM
blue bulbs (before the $110 fine) on my E36

Mikester
06-05-2003, 03:57 PM
when i changed them to orange

Soldo
06-05-2003, 06:16 PM
i dunno me personally think the BLUE BALBS ARE NASTY!!!
the orange looks much better, besides, when i see BLUE lights like that flashing i'm ready to start going into CONVULSIONS!

Jon@Bimmersport
06-05-2003, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
the orange looks much better, besides, when i see BLUE lights like that flashing i'm ready to start going into CONVULSIONS!

i agree...i seen those white ones SO much on hondas its not funny, but on certain cars the blue bulb goes..like a blue one, like Bliss, because he has the xenons and stuff it all goes, when they're on and off.

the orange looks original now, like the blue ones once did a long time ago.

SickFinga
06-05-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i

I thought i was alone.
The only blue bulbs that looked nice are on Bruce's car.
I don;t know what bulbs i he using but, the light beam on the is even and looks nice on blue.