PDA

View Full Version : subaru svx takes an 1997m3

betmen
06-02-2003, 06:49 PM
SOOOOOO, i was in windsor ontario, and there were some races, so we are there, and i see this owner of an m3 challenging a guy with a subaru svx, so i was like "yeah the m3 is gona take it", so they both had some money under the hood but i dun think it was too much, then they go, and i see this svx smoke and i mean literaly smoke the m3, like he left it 3 seconds, this thing flew, :eek: i was speachless...i duno wut to say :confused:

SickFinga
06-02-2003, 06:52 PM
first it is WRX
second which m3? e36 or e46?
third WRX;s are easily tunable

betmen
06-02-2003, 07:02 PM
no not a WRX, i mean a SVX
like this one... http://www.siue.edu/~efrankl/elf-svx1.jpg (go and see), and that is why i was surprised

ps: it was e 46 i think, but not sure

1BADBMR
06-02-2003, 07:17 PM
I highly doubt it was an E46 M3. You even said ur self it was a 1997 M3, which is the E36 models.
As for the Subaru... It may have well beat the M3, but its unfair cause it has 4-wheel drive right:confused:

betmen
06-02-2003, 07:20 PM
i duno man, i am not sure, proly was an e36 then, and yeah its a 4wd, but just saying i didnt think it would happen, its prty heavy though, but i really thought the m3 would take it

SickFinga
06-02-2003, 07:44 PM
svx, w0w never seen that before.
also I forgot the topic so yeah it is e36.

all i can say that SVX had some serious mods

crusher
06-02-2003, 07:49 PM
Yeah with just little mods it could be the same as the e36 m3. Just check out it's specs. 230HP with AWD will definately jump on stop :D Specially if the svx guy has some serious mods in there.

http://www.subarusvx.com/specs.html

greekthang
06-03-2003, 12:15 PM
Impossible. The M3 stock on stock would have smoked the doors of it. Out of the hole the svx because of all wheel drive but in second gear the M would make up the difference. Hell I chased one of those down and I did well against it and mine is a 328. I have raced an E36 M3. Mopped the floor with me !!!!!!!!

Kurt Schneller
06-05-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by greekthang
Impossible. The M3 stock on stock would have smoked the doors of it. Out of the hole the svx because of all wheel drive but in second gear the M would make up the difference. Hell I chased one of those down and I did well against it and mine is a 328. I have raced an E36 M3. Mopped the floor with me !!!!!!!!

I agree. actually FACT agrees aswell. But the guy said they had money under their hoods so one can not tell how much was done to what car.

Bigbore
06-06-2003, 10:44 AM
not that it matters, but GEEEEZ, those SVX`s are so damn ugly!

tlaselva
06-06-2003, 12:07 PM
Anything can be made fast if you sink enough money into it.
You can make a Civic smoke a Viper with enough money.
Whether I would sink that much money into a Civic's another story.

sonic07
06-06-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by 1BADBMR
I highly doubt it was an E46 M3. You even said ur self it was a 1997 M3, which is the E36 models.
As for the Subaru... It may have well beat the M3, but its unfair cause it has 4-wheel drive right:confused:

ya you need more torque to push 4x4 and extra weight on the car than a two wheel drive. perhaps the M3 just need the right driver. if the race was in the winter time on the snow that would be a different story. Subaru race it anytime anyweather any road condition type of car.

hoan
06-06-2003, 08:50 PM
As I remembered....those SVX came only with automatic tranny. No manual was offered. I doubted that was a real M3 to start with...a 318 rebadged maybe?

KIRASIR
06-07-2003, 02:50 AM
I second that. My coworker has one and they are SLOW.

There is no way it could've beaten an e36 M3. They have curb way of about 3600 pounds + auto + AWD making it not a quick car at all. Also the performance market for them in Canada is non-existant.

SL

Originally posted by hoan
As I remembered....those SVX came only with automatic tranny. No manual was offered. I doubted that was a real M3 to start with...a 318 rebadged maybe?

betmen
06-07-2003, 05:52 PM
well, this happend,a nd the m3 wsa not driven b an amature driver, he drove well, and for the whole automatic trans., it dont really matter, i saw lots of automaticks beat manual transmitions, depends wut they had done to there engines, i am teling you what i saw, and it was in begining of may, so i duno, and im prty sure it was an M3, i jus said wut i saw, the rest is for discutions

hoan
06-07-2003, 10:17 PM
The 0-100 times for the stock SVX is 7.3, 1/4 mile is 15.4

The 0-100 times for the stock e36 m3 is 5.6, 1/4 mile is 13.9

The weight of the SVX is 3600 lbs while the M3 is only 3200. plus the automatic penalty.

It takes a lot of extra hp to get a reduction of 1.5sec of the 1/4 time. It would take a HELL a lot of mods and NOS for a SVX to beat a M3, but nothing is impossible. Right?

betmen
06-08-2003, 09:18 PM
alot of ppl are mentioning the automatic penalty....that is always ot a bad thing, depends on the car and wut it has done to the it, wiht the rite mods it can do better then A SOOPED UP M3, i think alot of ppl take it into a habbit thinking that a manual transmition is much much better then an automatic, well, i think you should learnt he stats how it works to be sure f wut you say, sometimes the automatic can have a bigger advantage then the manual..and nos is a kicked, tis just a boost, and if it is used often it ruins the engine, so i dont think he woule waste nos ad engine damade on a M3(which is a great car), if i was him id use it on something that is much stronger like a porche or a viper or somehing wiht base power, that can kick it off the start

betmen
06-08-2003, 09:19 PM
(corections)

...into a habbit thinking that a manual transmition is much much better then an automatic, well, i think you should learn the stats on how automatic works to be sure of wut you say...

hoan
06-08-2003, 10:58 PM
I agreed...any automatic car can beat an SOOPED UP M3 giving that the hp is there to support it. There is nothing wrong with an automatic...most drag car use a three-speed automatic slushbox. I am just saying that a car with an automatic transmission will waste much more of the engine power (flywheel hp vs. wheel hp). It is just very difficult to mod a rare, heavy, automatic car to beat something that is much faster to start with huge amount of aftermarket support.