PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Pagid brakes pads in T.O.?

braindamage
06-02-2003, 05:15 PM
Where can I buy Pagid brake parts in Toronto?

Thanks.

punnzzells
06-02-2003, 06:01 PM
I can get you a set.... pm me and we will talk..

Mike.

EstorilM3
06-02-2003, 06:34 PM
http://www.pagidusa.com/pagidcanwd.html

Call one of the Canadian warehouses, and ask for a retailer.

burnhard22
06-02-2003, 09:51 PM
almost anywhere?
Try Automotive Import Maket
Any decent after market sgop should be able to get them.

Miguel
06-03-2003, 12:57 AM
What is so good about PAGID?

R_JAY
06-03-2003, 06:48 AM
I would only go for Pagid if you like your rims black. Those things give off mad brake dust.

Slowered318
06-03-2003, 10:03 AM
I donno about Pagid.. I just got some carbon fiber pads from Maverick and they work great, no dust no squeel and they still bite good.

djcontra
06-03-2003, 01:13 PM
how do carbon fiber pads hold up? Do they wear out fast, or need to be heated up to work properly?

alexm520
06-09-2003, 12:46 AM
Hi,

If you are looking for PAGID pads, Mike (Owner) at LAKESIDE Motors carries them (its best if you ask for him directly).

If you want, you can tell him Alex with new black 330Ci recommended him. I buy parts from him sometimes and do BMW school tech inspection there.

It is a good Bimmer shop and if you ask around, they have reputation for good parts prices.

Lakeside Motors
50 Wickware gate (Kennedy Rd. south of 401)
(416) 267-4641

Pagid are dusty but they have perfect fit (pad sizes and metal clip in the back) compare to OEM, and they perform a bit better than oem pads.

AlexM520

Bigbore
06-09-2003, 10:44 AM
i hear that those high performance pads are not useful for everyday driving, as they need to be seriously heated up sometimes to work, and then they work very very well...

i dont know if they are teh same type, but watch out for ceramic pads that are high performance.

alexm520
06-09-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Bigbore
i hear that those high performance pads are not useful for everyday driving, as they need to be seriously heated up sometimes to work, and then they work very very well...

i dont know if they are teh same type, but watch out for ceramic pads that are high performance.

Like every brake company, Pagid makes different types of brake pads for different applications (i.e. for street, auto-x, light competition and pure race track pads).

You can buy PAGID High Performance street pads (made in Germany) that work absolutely great on the street whether it is cold or hot temperatures and do not require any warm up. A few years back Pagid was actually making OEM pads for BMW, and currently OEM pads are made by JURID.

There are "track only" pads that should not be used on the street and do require to be warmed up before they start working their magic but that another very big topic by itself.

Most "track only" pads have funny short names and it is not something you buy easily at your local BMW mechanic. Unless the shop is specializing in Racing, you have to order these "track-only" pads.

AlexM520

Bigbore
06-10-2003, 12:21 AM
ahhh thanks!