PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on E30 325i m-technik

Fede
05-31-2003, 08:34 PM
Hi to everybody, iīm from Argentina. Iīm about to buy a 1987 325 M-technik. Iīm not sure if thatīs the exact name. It is ///M equiped *th-up* but not the engine. with 140.000 kms on the clock and in mint condition.
I would like to know if this is a good car, common problems, how much more engine i have....you know, the usual things to look at before buying it.
I love BMīs and Mercīs since i born i think haha, and here it is very difficult to find a real good one. I donīt want to buy a new one, i love the E30 look.
Also i drive a lot in speedways, top speed if possible, is bad for these cars to drive it sportly every day?
I now have a renault megane coupe 2.0 8v *thmbsdwn* and i hate it, I heavily modified it to be like a "real car" but iīm tired of it. no braking power, no accel power at all!. My first car was a Merc 230e and i got used to "real cars", german cars. When i bought the renault, i thought "ok, this looks really sporty, it must be fast!" but itīs a real crap.
Well, greeting to all you guys, you have a great page and great cars also!!

burnhard88
06-02-2003, 09:27 PM
I love all E30's.
I bought my 325is in 1988 w/116000kms.
I would suggest changing timing belt/chain..if it goes your @#!$%.
I had to change alt & battery, oil is now synthetic only.
Genreal maintaince will pay off in the long run.
I had to rebuild the top end but that was my fault..haha.
I do not drive in the snow and have 196000kms now.
The car is in the shop..my recent mod:Mosselman turbo.
Treat her right and she'll be with you forever.
Later
Burnhard22
*smoke* *wave*

burnhard88
06-02-2003, 09:28 PM
sorry I bought my car 5 years ago ..
it's a 1988.
*smoke*

MattM20is
06-02-2003, 09:37 PM
good choice! that car's got alot of life left, and i'm sure it looks sexy as hell

djcontra
06-02-2003, 10:23 PM
Sounds great! The Mtech kit on the e30 is one of the nicest if not THE nicest you can get.
With km's as low as that, i'd say that's a pretty sweet sounding car!

Fede
06-04-2003, 09:07 PM
Thanks for answering!! i will try to post some pics so you can tell me if it is really good.. The owner told me that he changed clutch, and the timing belt, as well as braking pads. The actual owner has a very good repairing garage so i know he made all the work really fine.
Well thanks again for the help and i hope i soon own one of these beautys!
wow after seeing your videos, i canīt stop dreaming whith this car!
greetings!