PDA

View Full Version : New pics of the ride...Groupe N installed

GR8 Ride
03-12-2002, 03:57 PM
Okay, here they are finally.

Some new pics of the car with the new suspension installed.

Pat

GR8 Ride
03-12-2002, 03:58 PM
One more....

Pat

Gamite
03-12-2002, 06:11 PM
Lookin sweeet, what kinda suspension did you get?

M52_Alpina
03-12-2002, 06:19 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: *th-up* *th-up* *th-up*

NICE!! it is sitting so low like it is touching the ground!! i love it!

GR8 Ride
03-12-2002, 07:49 PM
It's the BMW Motorsports Groupe N suspension.

Turner Motorsports puts together a kit, using the Groupe N shocks (coilovers), H&R 60 mm Race springs (650 lb front, 900 lb rear), and a set of Racing Dynamics sway bars. I *had* been using the Eibach sway bars previously, but since this was a package deal, I swapped 'em out for the RDs.

Besides, somebody wanted my full suspension before, so why not?

Right now, it's sitting at the bottom of the coilovers in the front, so that's as low as it goes. There is a little room left to drop the rear, but at the moment, the balance is perfectly on, so no need to drop it further.

It's tough to get a racing jack below the cage to jack it up; my jack is 3.5 inches at it's very lowest, and still, if the ground is a little uneven, I can't get it under.

Pat

mogie
03-12-2002, 11:08 PM
Whoa a 2 door version of mine, kewl your front sits nice an low compared to mine, I would love to have a ride in yours to see how it feels, BTW how much??

GR8 Ride
03-13-2002, 12:08 AM
The Groupe N suspension runs about $4300 CDN, plus 4 or 5 hours to install it, and align the car. (and of course, taxes).

It's pretty stiff; a couple of guys in the club were asking me today about installing it on their primarily street driven M3s, and I've offered them rides as well.

You'll feel every pebble, pothole, speed bump (most I can't drive over...), ridge etc in the road.

Normally, I never worry too much about needing to avoid potholes. However, with this suspension, I go out of my way to avoid potholes; it's ROCK solid.

In fact, by leaning on the front end, it's nearly impossible to deflect the chassis at all...it's simply that stiff.

Pat

JDub
03-13-2002, 12:36 PM
Sweet! Lookin good! *th-up*