PDA

View Full Version : Beat A 2001 Stang Gt!!!!

greekthang
05-22-2003, 01:19 PM
Hey guys thought I would share. I race a 2001 Mustang GT this morning going to work. He merged into my lane and I ended up beside him on the right. We looked at each other and he ended up giving me the signal to race. Popped it into 3rd and we both hammered it. We where neck and neck for a bit then at then end of 3rd I had him by a ˝ car. Shifted into forth had him by a car and that was it. Raced ended he gave up. Came up beside me and ask what I had done to it. Told him its bone stock but he didn’t believe me. Gave me the thumbs up though for a good run !!!!

Kal
05-22-2003, 03:33 PM
he must've been a really shit driver

greekthang
05-22-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Kal
he must've been a really shit driver

Maybe if we where off the line but how shitty can you be from 3rd to 4th ???

djcontra
05-22-2003, 03:55 PM
I know that those cars aren't very good for top end speed, and that might have had something to do with it, but what I'm thinking is that it was a misbadged 6cyl mustang. I see those on a daily basis, and I wonder why they just didn't buy the GT in the first place if it bothers them so much?? They're not exactly that expensive of a car...

greekthang
05-22-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by djcontra
I know that those cars aren't very good for top end speed, and that might have had something to do with it, but what I'm thinking is that it was a misbadged 6cyl mustang. I see those on a daily basis, and I wonder why they just didn't buy the GT in the first place if it bothers them so much?? They're not exactly that expensive of a car...

djcontra trust me it wasen't misbadged. I have raced a 6 cylinder and killed it. This had the MUSTANG GT on the bumper and the exhaust sound to prove it. He hammered it at one point to merge in and it certainly didn't sound like a 6 cyl. I was quite happy to hold my own. Raced a Mustang hatchback not to long ago and this thing sounded fierce. Thought I would lose large but we where neck and neck.

FastM3
05-22-2003, 06:35 PM
What year is your car greekthang?

windsor318is
05-22-2003, 06:49 PM
he he i just got spanked by one last weekend. it must of been auto cause i had 2 car lengths off the line, but it flew by me when i was up to 80km/h. i told the bastard i had a 4 banger but he still wanted to impress the idiots in his car. i cant wait for nos......

greekthang
05-22-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by pasta325i
What year is your car greekthang?

It is a 1996 328is M package

InlineSix
05-22-2003, 10:35 PM
Good run, I believe it was V8 because V6s are slow and you would have pulled alot more at top end.

Drive Safe..

greekthang
05-22-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by InlineSix
Good run, I believe it was V8 because V6s are slow and you would have pulled alot more at top end.

Drive Safe..

Ironic you say that cause on my lunch break I pulled up to a Mustang 2001 or 2002 6 cyl. Hammered it in third and eat him by 4-5 cars. Yum yum mustangs taste good *uzi*

bart320i
05-23-2003, 01:57 AM
the guy must have been a bad driver to have lost against you if it actually was a GT

FastM3
05-23-2003, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by bart320i
the guy must have been a bad driver to have lost against you if it actually was a GT

*mumble*

i think he could of pulled it off, mustangs aren't the fastest things in the world...

Kal
05-23-2003, 02:21 AM
*mumble*

i think he could of pulled it off, mustangs aren't the fastest things in the world...

guy MUSTANGS ARE FAAAAAASSSSSSSSTTTTT

thinair
05-23-2003, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by Kal
guy MUSTANGS ARE FAAAAAASSSSSSSSTTTTT

Stock they're not....:rolleyes:

The old late 80's early 90's 5.0 were quick, but I've beated stock ones no problem, the newer ones are a bit harder to beat with a 328, but not impossible, as Greekthang has proven.

FastM3
05-23-2003, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by thinair
Stock they're not....:rolleyes:

The old late 80's early 90's 5.0 were quick, but I've beated stock ones no problem, the newer ones are a bit harder to beat with a 328, but not impossible, as Greekthang has proven.

I REST MY CASE!

my next point was gonna be that the older ones were better...but you said that *th-up*

also, my buddy has an '86 IROC Z24, in mint condition...im gonna race him right after he takes it outta the shop for repairs on the engine...im pretty sure he'll win but who knows...

mkgino
05-23-2003, 02:48 AM
Maybe it was an auto? I could see that. But those cars are getting heavy. I could see it hapenning, but more often than not, a well driven GT should beat a 328

Soldo
05-23-2003, 02:54 AM
Guys whats so hard to believe, i too beat and raced a GT is WAS however a convertible, which would add on a LOT MORE weight, not sure how much of a difference it is between coupes and cabs but i beat him by at least a cars length!

greekthang
05-23-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by mkgino
Maybe it was an auto? I could see that. But those cars are getting heavy. I could see it hapenning, but more often than not, a well driven GT should beat a 328

Trust me it was stick and he was hammering it. Guys you have to remember the old stangs where damn fast bone stock no question. The new ones are not. They are fast yes but not as fast as the old ones. He probably would have taken me if we where coming out of the hole but I wasin third and right in the power band !!!!

Mikester
05-23-2003, 02:11 PM
just wait for the new model theyre working on

Mikester
05-23-2003, 02:16 PM
how about the 2004 ford gt??
http://edmunds.com/future/2004/ford/gt/100161701/preview.html?tid=edmunds.f.mmindex.content..0.Ford *

and here's the mustang.. beautiful AND fast!
http://www.stangnet.com/mustanggtconcept/

Drivetrain layout Front engine, rear-wheel drive
Engine type 90-degree MOD V-8, cast-iron block, aluminum heads, belt-driven supercharger with liquid-to-air intercooler
Valve gear DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder
Bore/stroke, in/mm 3.55 x 3.54/90.2 x 90
Displacement, in/mm 280.8 / 4,601
Compression ratio 8.5:1
Horsepower @ rpm 400 @ 6,000 (estimated)
Torque @ rpm 390 @ 3,500
Redline, rpm 6,500
Transmission 6-speed manual (coupe)
5-speed automatic (convertible)
Axle ratio 3.55:1
Final-drive ratio 2.24:1

greekthang
05-23-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Mikester
just wait for the new model theyre working on

Of coarse no chance against that !!!!

FastM3
05-23-2003, 07:01 PM
Regardless of what any american car company makes, the quality is never as good as European...

my point: dont buy american cars, unless you absolutly adore them

Polish
05-23-2003, 07:51 PM
Regardless of what any american car company makes, the quality is never as good as European...

i dunno man, ford pulled magic out of they're ass with the Saleen S7, which is now the fastest road car in the world, without aftermarket parts of course, knocked off the McLaren F1 by a tenth of a second to a crazy 3.3 seconds, and the top speed run is still to come, though i doubt anyone cares if its 230mph or 220 mph, cause personally i wont even get it above 200mph unless i go to Europe and race on the 28km test course.

though its american i wouldnt mind a saleen ;) *th-up*

FastM3
05-24-2003, 12:59 AM
Ferrari Enzo is now the fastest and most complex car in the world...

bart320i
05-24-2003, 01:51 PM
can someone please post the specs for a 328 and a GT please?

thinair
05-24-2003, 02:02 PM
can someone please post the specs for a 328 and a GT please?

what years?

bart320i
05-24-2003, 03:40 PM
what years?

current models, 03 GT and 98 328is

thinair
05-24-2003, 04:07 PM
2003 Ford Mustang GT (not Mach 1 or Cobra)

260hp @ 5250rpm
302ft-lb @ 4000rpm
4605cc
curb weight - 3317lbs (manual)
245/45R17 tires
live (solid axle) rear suspension

1998 BMW 328is

190hp @ 5300rpm
206ft-lb @ 3950rpm
2793cc
curb weight - 3142lbs (manual)
225/50R16 tires (sport package)
independant suspension

Basically if you want to see what car is faster, you'd kinda have to race them in real life, not do a specs race.

bart320i
05-24-2003, 05:09 PM
well it looks like with a capable driver the stang can eat a 328 the weight is not that much off. P.S. mustangs respond very well to mods

thinair
05-24-2003, 06:07 PM
well it looks like with a capable driver the stang can eat a 328 the weight is not that much off. P.S. mustangs respond very well to mods

Just for a comparison here then, here's a 1993 Mustang GT, which when stock can be beaten by a stock 328is :

235hp
280ft-lb
4949cc
curb weight - 3144lbs (manual)
225/55R16 tires
live (solid axle) rear suspension

greekthang
05-25-2003, 02:07 AM
Boys he may have lied on the year of his car and come to think of it the new year have that ram air hood. His didn't so it wasen't a 2002 model. All I know is I won not by much mind you but I won. It was probably the 235hp one.*th-up*

thinair
05-26-2003, 02:53 AM
by sheer coincidence I raced a late model (late 80's-93) 5.0 mustang, he called me on, and I remembered this thread. All that I could tell that it had done to it was a loud exhaust note. I had 4 people in total in my car, and still had no problem beating it from like 60-160 getting on the 404 (@ Green Lane). We went twice, no problems at all beating him. It was a 5spd too, I had a few car lengths on him both times when I braked. I slowed back down to my 120km/h cruising speed the second time, and he sped by giving me the finger:confused:

Soldo
05-26-2003, 02:59 AM
Ya, i one of my buddies beat one of the old clunker 5.0's in his STOCK 93' GS-R!!!!
They're not THAT quick, i guess they just have POTENTIAL (if you rip out the engine and replace it with something TOTALLY different, but neverthaless potential!!)

greekthang
05-26-2003, 12:04 PM
by sheer coincidence I raced a late model (late 80's-93) 5.0 mustang, he called me on, and I remembered this thread. All that I could tell that it had done to it was a loud exhaust note. I had 4 people in total in my car, and still had no problem beating it from like 60-160 getting on the 404 (@ Green Lane). We went twice, no problems at all beating him. It was a 5spd too, I had a few car lengths on him both times when I braked. I slowed back down to my 120km/h cruising speed the second time, and he sped by giving me the finger:confused:

Thinair nice kill. Mustangs have a half decent hole shot no doubt but as soon as they are challenged on the highway its a totally different ball game. The seem to suffer. This is just a stock stangs of coarse or one with mild things done to it. Exhaust intake but they do have alot of potential no doubt.

sonic07
05-27-2003, 12:00 AM

i bought north american just to help damn north american lausy economy here because i leave here and ford .... they do build truck very well. otherwise just BMW and HONDA .....

FastM3
05-27-2003, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by sonic07
i bought north american just to help damn north american lausy economy here because i leave here and ford .... they do build truck very well. otherwise just BMW and HONDA .....

i dont care about the economy, well i do but buying once american car isn't going to help so i could care less abotu those cars...IMO i dont think they even build good trucks, Dodge is must better and GMC is better as well...as for Honda, meh, all these ricers are pissing me of, starting to make me hate honda day by day :D

I'll only buy Euro and SOME japanese as long as i live!

greekthang
05-27-2003, 12:49 AM
i dont care about the economy, well i do but buying once american car isn't going to help so i could care less abotu those cars...IMO i dont think they even build good trucks, Dodge is must better and GMC is better as well...as for Honda, meh, all these ricers are pissing me of, starting to make me hate honda day by day :D

I'll only buy Euro and SOME japanese as long as i live!

AMEN TO THAT BROTHER !!!!!!*wiggle*

BMWrules
06-06-2003, 10:51 PM

north american people should not be building cars because they don't how only german is the best. you can forget about honda.
only german=european nothing else.*th-up*
your economy was always poor with too many immigrants so don't worry about it.*thmbsdwn*

J50H
06-17-2003, 07:09 PM
Alot of mis-information here =)

1989-1993 - Fox bodies, weigh 2800lbs-3000lbs, 225hp 300trq... decieving specs, run the 1/4 a high 15... throw under a 1000$ worth or mods on them, they run mid 13s. Very very cheap to make them go very very fast.

1994-1998 - SN95s, slow pieces off ass, embarassing 4.6 2v V8s, and heavy as hel 3300+lbs l. Modular motor, expensive to make go fast.

1999-2003 - Newest models, 260hp at 310trq, weigh 3400+ lbs, headswap on these cars make them competitive over there dissapointing older SN brothers. Easier to make go fast, take VERY WELL to BOOST, but very expensive to make go fast. 14 second car out of the box for 5 speed.

A modded Fox will hand you your ass in several different ways, then will continue to blow blue smoke on your German paintjob.

94-98 - V6s have miserable hp, under 150hp
99-03 - V6s switched to a split port intake, gained 45hp, up around 195hp at 225trq, not a bad car, but still slow as hell. They can be made to sound almost as loud as a GT, enough to decieve you, and many of them have gt bumpers and will be made to look just like a GT. In fact most v6 owners will lie and say its a v8.

Just some info for you. And so there is no misconception, I have alot of respect for M3s and M5s as they are the only BMW thus far that has given me any sort of competition at the track or on the road.

greekthang
06-17-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by J50H

1989-1993 - Fox bodies, weigh 2800lbs-3000lbs, 225hp 300trq... decieving specs, run the 1/4 a high 15... throw under a 1000$ worth or mods on them, they run mid 13s. Very very cheap to make them go very very fast.

1994-1998 - SN95s, slow pieces off ass, embarassing 4.6 2v V8s, and heavy as hel 3300+lbs l. Modular motor, expensive to make go fast.

1999-2003 - Newest models, 260hp at 310trq, weigh 3400+ lbs, headswap on these cars make them competitive over there dissapointing older SN brothers. Easier to make go fast, take VERY WELL to BOOST, but very expensive to make go fast. 14 second car out of the box for 5 speed.

A modded Fox will hand you your ass in several different ways, then will continue to blow blue smoke on your German paintjob.

99-03 - V6s switched to a split port intake, gained 45hp, up around 195hp at 225trq, not a bad car, but still slow as hell. They can be made to sound almost as loud as a GT, enough to decieve you, and many of them have gt bumpers and will be made to look just like a GT. In fact most v6 owners will lie and say its a v8.

Just some info for you. And so there is no misconception, I have alot of respect for M3s and M5s as they are the only BMW thus far that has given me any sort of competition at the track or on the road.

I think you registered on the wrong board there cupcake. You mod anything and it will go fast bonehead. I am talking stock on stock moron. I think its time to change that filter that is between your brain and mouth. Oh and some advice. Stay away from ass:moon: the fumes seem to have ****ed up your perception and one more think. Stangs are all about straight line power no doubt about that but on a track they are shit period. I have been in one. Totally shit on track. Not even worth it*shiner*

J50H
06-17-2003, 07:55 PM
You forget about price difference "ass"

For the difference in price between a Mustang and a BMW they better handle and ride better. Put that leftover money into a Stangs suspension and it will run circles around a bimmer.

Its all about paying for what you get.

So anytime you want to get out handled, then embarrassed in the quarter come see me and ill show you how effective your german engineering is =)

sonic07
06-17-2003, 08:11 PM

stock mustang is just not a good car too race around with especially not with bmw. the car is fast for its self but not fast enough and when it does goes fast is problem with control. perhaps it needs some german engineering for handling or at least japanese .... lol ...

greekthang
06-17-2003, 08:17 PM
You forget about price difference "ass"

For the difference in price between a Mustang and a BMW they better handle and ride better. Put that leftover money into a Stangs suspension and it will run circles around a bimmer.

Its all about paying for what you get.

So anytime you want to get out handled, then embarrassed in the quarter come see me and ill show you how effective your german engineering is =)

Try to understand here buddy. " You get what you pay for " You can even compare the looks interior styling and name of a BMW to a Mustang you moron. Thats what you pay for but I wouldn't expect you to understand seeing is you have hp on your mind. Buddy you can have a sweetest looking stang and compare it to a BMW and 99 % the person picks the BMW. Stangs are shit out of the factory and on the track period. You pay for engine thats it.

djcontra
06-17-2003, 08:38 PM
I have yet to see a mustang in person do well in an autocross.
I'm up to be proven wrong, don't doubt me there, but I have yet to see it with my own two eyes.
Most muscle cars like mustangs, camaros/firebirds, and such that I've raced on the highway just can't keep up past 160km/h. I'm not even talking about walking away from them either, but completely losing them in my rear view mirror!
They're just not that fast at top speed, but are AMAZING on the quarter mile.

thinair
06-17-2003, 10:16 PM
Greekthang, J50H, you both have your points, but please don't resort to useless name calling.

IMO, both cars are sold to totally different markets, the Mustang is a inexpensive straightline car, and very inexpensive to mod and make quick. A BMW (3-series for example) is more of a budget luxury sports car (minus the M3, which isn't really a budget luxury car), which was designed for handling and stuff.

sonic07
06-17-2003, 10:21 PM
Greekthang, J50H, you both have your points, but please don't resort to useless name calling.

IMO, both cars are sold to totally different markets, the Mustang is a inexpensive straightline car, and very inexpensive to mod and make quick. A BMW (3-series for example) is more of a budget luxury sports car (minus the M3, which isn't really a budget luxury car), which was designed for handling and stuff.

*th-up*
amen ....

J50H
06-18-2003, 03:57 AM

Ill buy that

greekthang
06-18-2003, 01:09 PM

My bad thinair. Last thing I want to do is get booted of this board because of something coming on here trying to stir crap

FastM3
06-18-2003, 04:56 PM

:D Give me a 1000hp Mustang and I'd go burn it...

i'd rather keep my E30 that will prolly do circle's around a new Mustang.

and if you wanna talk about price diff, fine go ahead, but when your driving down the street side by side with a mustang, more people are gonna look at the BMW, i guarantee it!

greekthang
06-18-2003, 05:46 PM

and if you wanna talk about price diff, fine go ahead, but when your driving down the street side by side with a mustang, more people are gonna look at the BMW, i guarantee it!

Exactly my thoughts pal *th-up*

sonic07
06-18-2003, 07:07 PM

lol ... true ... perhaps better yet sell it to j50h and top up alot of money and buy a nice ride bimmer ....

FastM3
06-18-2003, 11:13 PM
lol ... true ... perhaps better yet sell it to j50h and top up alot of money and buy a nice ride bimmer ....

Oh yes, i'll just sell you it, and then blow all that cash on my M3 and then we'll see who can catch who :D (big exageration sorry lol)

greekthang: we agree on many things :D

greekthang
06-19-2003, 01:51 PM
Oh yes, i'll just sell you it, and then blow all that cash on my M3 and then we'll see who can catch who :D (big exageration sorry lol)

greekthang: we agree on many things :D

Thanks pal. Most of the board here does !!!!!

sadda///M
06-19-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by greekthang
Hey guys thought I would share. I race a 2001 Mustang GT this morning going to work.

OH NO NOT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

may i ask you something? why the pressing need to race on public roads? when was the last time you watch, read, or listen to the news? cops are after the 2f2f adrenalin junkies because of too many carnage on the roads.

track your car and see how your skills stack up with the rest

some ppl just dont get it

FastM3
06-19-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by sadda///M
OH NO NOT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

may i ask you something? why the pressing need to race on public roads? when was the last time you watch, read, or listen to the news? cops are after the 2f2f adrenalin junkies because of too many carnage on the roads.

man if they guy wants to race let him him, he'll pay the consequences IF something does happen, obviously street racing isn't the smartest thing but there are times when it is safe to do it, regardless, im sure he knows about the cops situations, so let him do what he wants..

greekthang
06-19-2003, 04:33 PM
OH NO NOT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Yo buddy who are you to tell me what i can or can't do. You mind you ****ing business and I will mind mine. Yeah street racing is never smart never I know that but sometimes I don’t feel like driving 1.5 to a track and if I do get caught that’s my ****ing problem and when you wrap your car against a wall at the track that is you problem. Bottom line mind you ****ing business.

FastM3
06-19-2003, 08:14 PM
Yo buddy who are you to tell me what i can or can't do. You mind you ****ing business and I will mind mine. Yeah street racing is never smart never I know that but sometimes I don’t feel like driving 1.5 to a track and if I do get caught that’s my ****ing problem and when you wrap your car against a wall at the track that is you problem. Bottom line mind you ****ing business.

you could of saved your time and energy cause i said that right before you :D lol oh well...*th-up*

\/\/eapon
06-19-2003, 09:41 PM
It is a 1996 328is M package

M package? i have a 328is......looks the same as yours.....has no m package....

sadda///M
06-19-2003, 11:25 PM

ok bud your're on your own. i lost a friend and also lost 1 of my friend's relative on 2 separate occasions. both were victims of mindless speeding and showing off. one guy was charged and awaiting trail and one is now passing time playing the road racing scene in his head over and over and over.... in jail.

you're right i shoud mind my own business.

FastM3
06-20-2003, 04:49 AM
ok bud your're on your own. i lost a friend and also lost 1 of my friend's relative on 2 separate occasions. both were victims of mindless speeding and showing off. one guy was charged and awaiting trail and one is now passing time playing the road racing scene in his head over and over and over.... in jail.

sad to hear that man, but honeslty he'll feel it IF something happens...whatever, your right in a way but still...

DbIiRrTdY
06-20-2003, 01:03 PM
y wait till something happens ... kind of a dumb approach ... and a question i have for greekthang is if you are posting on a public board for everyone some how you are making other people's business ... just some thoughts

me myself and I

greekthang
06-20-2003, 01:19 PM

Sorry to hear that man. Some people are idiot drivers but I never race crazy in traffic. These races always take place on open road late at noght or no traffic around. I would never want to put anyone else in danger. Maybe I was a bit harsh on you but I only defending myself. I race smart never stupid. If there is any risk it is all on me.*wave*

greekthang
06-20-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by DbIiRrTdY
y wait till something happens ... kind of a dumb approach ... and a question i have for greekthang is if you are posting on a public board for everyone some how you are making other people's business ... just some thoughts

me myself and I

No thats where your mistaken. I am not making it other peoples business. I am sharing my experience. Nowhere in my first post did I ask anyone for there opinion. They give it and I respond.

sadda///M
06-20-2003, 02:28 PM
greekthang,
am throwing the white flag on this post. your post just touched a nerve and i went overboard and rant. cheers bro?

greekthang
06-20-2003, 03:04 PM
greekthang,
am throwing the white flag on this post. your post just touched a nerve and i went overboard and rant. cheers bro?

Cheers pal no harm done. Sometimes it good just to step off. I am with you on the white flag on this post. I will step off as well. :)

DbIiRrTdY
06-20-2003, 03:05 PM
No thats where your mistaken. I am not making it other peoples business. I am sharing my experience. Nowhere in my first post did I ask anyone for there opinion. They give it and I respond.

GreekThang,

Maybe I am mistaken and if you could follow my thoughts and tell me exactly where I have gone wrong I would appreciate it.

Maxbimmer is a public forum, a place where novices and enthusiasts alike post questions, share experiences and debate.

The above premise is very important b/c it states a few things – one the place is a forum – that means, as I understand it, there are many people listening to the conversation and they in fact become your audience and part of your conversation (do you agree?). So someone going on to a forum and ‘sharing’ an experience, as you said it, makes it open to everyone on the forum – and thus open for discussion (what about now?).

Here is where I’m perplexed, if you are on a form and you are sharing your experience with everyone. Why is it you get annoyed when someone says something? After all it is out there and now open for discussion with everyone in you intended audience.

I could understand your point if this was a conversation b/w you and a closed group of people and someone who overheard your conversation jumps in and offers up his/her opinion – after all they were not your intended audience and thus you have every right to tell them where to go and how to get there.

Thanks

Me Myself and I

greekthang
06-20-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by DbIiRrTdY
GreekThang,

Maybe I am mistaken and if you could follow my thoughts and tell me exactly where I have gone wrong I would appreciate it.

Maxbimmer is a public forum, a place where novices and enthusiasts alike post questions, share experiences and debate.

The above premise is very important b/c it states a few things – one the place is a forum – that means, as I understand it, there are many people listening to the conversation and they in fact become your audience and part of your conversation (do you agree?). So someone going on to a forum and ‘sharing’ an experience, as you said it, makes it open to everyone on the forum – and thus open for discussion (what about now?).

Here is where I’m perplexed, if you are on a form and you are sharing your experience with everyone. Why is it you get annoyed when someone says something? After all it is out there and now open for discussion with everyone in you intended audience.

I could understand your point if this was a conversation b/w you and a closed group of people and someone who overheard your conversation jumps in and offers up his/her opinion – after all they were not your intended audience and thus you have every right to tell them where to go and how to get there.

Thanks

Me Myself and I

Pal its Friday. Do you think I really have the energy to debate this. HELL NO. Just enjoy the weather

DbIiRrTdY
06-20-2003, 03:24 PM
LOL - i agree - take care star

Jon@Bimmersport
06-20-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by \/\/eapon
M package? i have a 328is......looks the same as yours.....has no m package....

he has M3 bumper so far...and i think rear, and the luxo skirts

greekthang
06-20-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by E46_lover
he has M3 bumper so far...and i think rear, and the luxo skirts

Yeah pal original from the factory M3 luxury front, side skirts and rear spoiler with diffuser. All original parts from BMW. Cost the guy that i bought it from $6000. HAHA his loss is my gain. Very happy with the car so far. Mind you the previous owner ended up buying a 2002 M3 so I guess he has one up on me. *mumble*

sonic07
06-20-2003, 04:30 PM
Yeah pal original from the factory M3 luxury front, side skirts and rear spoiler with diffuser. All original parts from BMW. Cost the guy that i bought it from $6000. HAHA his loss is my gain. Very happy with the car so far. Mind you the previous owner ended up buying a 2002 M3 so I guess he has one up on me. *mumble*

what year is your car if u don't mind me asking ...?

greekthang
06-20-2003, 04:55 PM
what year is your car if u don't mind me asking ...?

Its a 1996

FastM3
06-20-2003, 05:01 PM
Pal its Friday. Do you think I really have the energy to debate this. HELL NO. Just enjoy the weather

:D true true!!

sonic07
06-20-2003, 06:40 PM
Its a 1996

do you know what's the different between the 328i and 328is beside factory lowered suspension. the thought is that i was thinking to change from the 325i to 328i or is. i tried my friend 328is (bill gates at maxbimmer) on 401 late at night at 215km/hr it's got alot more power compare to 325 engine to speed up from 180 to 215.

greekthang
06-20-2003, 06:51 PM
do you know what's the different between the 328i and 328is beside factory lowered suspension. the thought is that i was thinking to change from the 325i to 328i or is. i tried my friend 328is (bill gates at maxbimmer) on 401 late at night at 215km/hr it's got alot more power compare to 325 engine to speed up from 180 to 215.

There difference from 328i to 328is is suspension and doors. the i has 4 doors and the is have 2. The 4 door is a bit heavier and it does suffer a bit. As for hp the 325 and 328 are almost even give or take a couple for the 328 but the torque is the difference. About 25-30 lbs ft torgue more. If you are interested pal I will be taking out my engine next year. It has 122000km right now. Serviced regularly and treated with Amsoil every 5000km. I am dropping in a M motor next year and next week I am swapping out my diff to a M3 diff so that will be up for sale as well. Motor swap and diff go hand in hand. Let me know

sonic07
06-20-2003, 08:53 PM
There difference from 328i to 328is is suspension and doors. the i has 4 doors and the is have 2. The 4 door is a bit heavier and it does suffer a bit. As for hp the 325 and 328 are almost even give or take a couple for the 328 but the torque is the difference. About 25-30 lbs ft torgue more. If you are interested pal I will be taking out my engine next year. It has 122000km right now. Serviced regularly and treated with Amsoil every 5000km. I am dropping in a M motor next year and next week I am swapping out my diff to a M3 diff so that will be up for sale as well. Motor swap and diff go hand in hand. Let me know

that's not a bad idea but what about computer and gages would that be something to consider? .... thanks for the info ..

thinair
06-20-2003, 11:02 PM

Let me clear this up, there is no suspension difference between the 328i and 328is.
The sport package is what lowers and stiffens it a bit, both the 328i and 328is can have the sport package.

Also, the 4-door is slightly heavier, but stiffer also, which is why many racing e36's are 4-door.

greekthang
06-20-2003, 11:50 PM
that's not a bad idea but what about computer and gages would that be something to consider? .... thanks for the info ..

The gages will work fine and everything will come with the motor. DME wire harness etc etc

thinair
06-21-2003, 12:07 AM
The gages will work fine and everything will come with the motor. DME wire harness etc etc

Yeah, the M52B28 (328) engine and the M52B32 (M3) engines are so alike it's not even funny, many of the sensors are shared and everything.

If you were to get both engines, take off the BMW or M POWER valve cover and sand off the engine code you wouldn't be able to tell which engine is which without looking inside it.

sonic07
06-21-2003, 03:42 AM
thanks greekthang & thinair .... this is good .... alot of info

ok one last questions would the 328 engine fits into 318 chasis ( 4 cyl. ) consider that the engine mount i would imagine would be different no ? and how about 320 chasis ? sorry for asking so many question i just like to know all my options are.

thanks again.

greekthang
06-23-2003, 01:13 PM
thanks greekthang & thinair .... this is good .... alot of info

ok one last questions would the 328 engine fits into 318 chasis ( 4 cyl. ) consider that the engine mount i would imagine would be different no ? and how about 320 chasis ? sorry for asking so many question i just like to know all my options are.

thanks again.

My cousin had a 318 convertable and we inquired about that already. Yes it is a unbolt and drop in procedure. The is the best part. I can drop a M in mine you can drop an M or 328 in yours. Very flexible like that !!!

FastM3
06-24-2003, 04:52 AM
greekthang...so whats the verdict?

Did you beat this GT fair and square? Was it auto or manual?

I gotta show my friend who doesn't beleive me when I say a '96 beat him!

greekthang
06-24-2003, 01:07 PM
greekthang...so whats the verdict?

Did you beat this GT fair and square? Was it auto or manual?

I gotta show my friend who doesn't beleive me when I say a '96 beat him!

Whats up pal. Out of the whole I jumped a car on him. I had a amazing launch. by second gear I was half a car on him by third gear I was a quarter of a car on him and we stayed neck and neck from there. It was stick and the colour was a dark blue he was driving on Hwy 7 and he was a youger guy blond hair. Maybe someone has raced him before. So yeah I took him but just by a bit. A win is a win though. I was doing about 170km/h when I let off !!!! If anyone here does not beleive me thats o.k. If you have a bone stock stang 1997 or 98 in that year and you think I am lying then come and chanellenge me and find out for yourself. *smoke*

FastM3
06-24-2003, 06:11 PM
so his GT (?) was a 97 or 98?

greekthang
06-24-2003, 07:15 PM
so his GT (?) was a 97 or 98?

Yeah it is the style that was before the ram air hood year. I think those are the new models. His was the model before that.

FastM3
06-24-2003, 07:43 PM
Yeah it is the style that was before the ram air hood year. I think those are the new models. His was the model before that.

:confused: :confused:

:d so which model and year was it?

greekthang
06-24-2003, 07:50 PM
:confused: :confused:

:d so which model and year was it?

Did speak to him about the year and. It was a 5.0L stick though. He wasen't very social about things. I think I crushed his ego. HAHAHA punk ass bitch deserved it then :D

FastM3
06-24-2003, 08:17 PM
Did speak to him about the year and. It was a 5.0L stick though. He wasen't very social about things. I think I crushed his ego. HAHAHA punk ass bitch deserved it then :D

It was a 5.0L???? *smoke*

greekthang
06-25-2003, 01:57 AM
It was a 5.0L???? *smoke*

Yup it sounded like one. Crazy exhaust they have.

Phantom
07-02-2003, 02:46 PM
Would you like to line up against this one??..............:D

betmen
07-02-2003, 05:21 PM
aaaa, cobra, still looks very uglyyyyyyyy, but you can put the engine into something nicer
hehehehe

Phantom
07-02-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by betmen
aaaa, cobra, still looks very uglyyyyyyyy, but you can put the engine into something nicer
hehehehe

Ugly?? I beg to differ. Its not a bad looking car

betmen
07-02-2003, 06:45 PM
that one is, i duno i dun like it
its too...bulky, not bulky but i duno
does not look good
and for a cobra, it is very ugly, i saw nice cobras before, and thats just plain
that my oppinion, hehehe

greekthang
07-03-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Phantom
Would you like to line up against this one??..............:D

Would like to line up with an M5. What kind of comparison is that. I said a stock Mustang GT is what I raced not a Cobra. Read pal