PDA

View Full Version : 2001 E46 Rims.....

TRahman
04-26-2013, 11:50 PM
Looking for some rims for my 2001 E46. I was thinking of some brand new rims within the price range of $400-500.... Any suggestions and or pictures...

Barnsdale
04-27-2013, 10:21 PM
Get some ZHP Replicas - they look unreal, that's what I used to have on my E46.

Cheers,

TRahman
04-28-2013, 02:13 AM
Is there a model number and or a store I can get them at?

Barnsdale
04-28-2013, 10:03 PM
Not sure check on Ebay or Kijiji just buy a set used and save some money. There should be lots of nice rims on Kijiji right now for the e46

scott_88
05-01-2013, 10:33 AM
ZHP style looks pretty sweet. IMO they look better than M3 reps on a non m car. You can also get away with E60 M5 reps as they look pretty similar to the ZHP

CSL style are also a classic style for our cars. You can get 'em replicas with or without the little "M" rectangle under the BMW cap. My understanding is that they're more closely replicas if they have that M thing. Mine don't, but still look decent.

kpmg08
05-01-2013, 12:44 PM
ZHP style looks pretty sweet. IMO they look better than M3 reps on a non m car. You can also get away with E60 M5 reps as they look pretty similar to the ZHP

CSL style are also a classic style for our cars. You can get 'em replicas with or without the little "M" rectangle under the BMW cap. My understanding is that they're more closely replicas if they have that M thing. Mine don't, but still look decent.

Scott what set up do you have on your car? size? offset? I'm looking to get some for my 325 touring as well. Are they VMR wheels from Bimmian?

scott_88
05-01-2013, 12:56 PM
Scott what set up do you have on your car? size? offset? I'm looking to get some for my 325 touring as well. Are they VMR wheels from Bimmian?

Hey

They're 18" rims (225/40/18) with stock 72.6 bore. I cannot remember the offset. It was stock offset though because I didn't want to run into any troubles.

They are RTX (a Quebec company I think) replicas. They were about $600 inc tax for the set from my local Tirecraft so I thought that was decent, as I didn't want to shell out more money on a car I was likely to get rid of.

The next wheels I get will be VMRs, or VMR reps. The Bimmian VMRs actually aren't a bad price from what I see, and they are legit VMRs. I'd consider going to their Oshawa location to pick 'em up yourself if shipping is a pain. I'd also check out a place called Simplytyre in Toronto. They have pretty good prices and might be willing to do cash deals. Lastly, if you're not a stickler for super high quality, I'd consider looking at VMR replicas floating around Toronto (yes, they have replicas of replicas lol).