PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know this car/seller?

solarian
03-28-2013, 02:29 PM
I am trying to help my close friend who is not very car savvy find a good, reliable car, and I found this E46 (http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-2002-BMW-3-Series-325i-Sedan-W0QQAdIdZ468281479) on Kijiji. Based on what I've seen, price seems a little too good to be true if the condition really is as described. I haven't gone to look at the car yet, but the seller said that he is a member of this forum and others, so I figured there would be a good chance someone might know a thing or two about this car.

My main warning signs are the price and the fact that it doesn't seem to be listed for sale on here. I would figure, when someone is a member of a car community and they want to dump a shady car, they will not post it on the forum so that they don't hurt their rep.

Anyway, good news or bad, I'm just hoping someone would know something about it before we go look at it. My friend currently has a car with 350k on it that is basically falling apart, so a key motivator is getting a car that won't need lots of work and will run well with regular maintenance. I really don't want him to end up with a problem car.

ex3mal
03-28-2013, 11:04 PM
The car looks good for the price, but before u buy bring to mechanic for check up, and ask if the car was in acident. And ask him to get safety and etest, u don't wanna to have any headaches with getting safety with swaped engine

JINT
03-29-2013, 12:12 PM
Yeah it's my car. I don't list on maxbimmer because people lowball on here like crazy.
The car is mint, doesn't need anything, no check engline light.

ex3mal
03-29-2013, 12:16 PM
Yeah it's my car. I don't list on maxbimmer because people lowball on here like crazy.
The car is mint, doesn't need anything, no check engline light.

+1 on lowballers on maxbimmer

JINT
03-29-2013, 12:17 PM
The car looks good for the price, but before u buy bring to mechanic for check up, and ask if the car was in acident. And ask him to get safety and etest, u don't wanna to have any headaches with getting safety with swaped engine

Slava, the car doens't need anything for safety and will pass emissions with no problems, all O2's and MAF and brand new. How's the charger :) ?

ex3mal
03-29-2013, 12:35 PM
Slava, the car doens't need anything for safety and will pass emissions with no problems, all O2's and MAF and brand new. How's the charger :) ?

The charger is very addictive 8), and so much fun, can't wait for track days to begin. But already wanna have more power so start looking in to upgrade to vt550 hehe. I don't care what evrebody says, it's my toy

solarian
03-30-2013, 08:04 PM
Shame I didn't check this thread sooner, buddy already picked up a car. Good luck with your sale!

JINT
03-31-2013, 01:40 PM
Shame I didn't check this thread sooner, buddy already picked up a car. Good luck with your sale!

thnx