PDA

View Full Version : Anybody want to help with CCV?

98bimmer
01-28-2013, 10:03 PM
Hey im just wondering if somebody who has installed a ccv on an m54 would be willing to help me install or will install for a decent price.

Ive never installed it before and would like a hand!

Thanks

jabela
01-29-2013, 10:54 AM
Would like to help but don't have much time with work+kids. I haven't done mine either, but feel free to pm me if you're in a pinch. Looks like we're in the same neighbourhood. I'm near bloor/jane.

pawelgawel
01-29-2013, 11:02 AM
come to London and Ill do it for $120 ;)

its just time consuming... take your time and triple check the connections... you should be fine

98bimmer
01-31-2013, 01:31 AM
thanks guys! i already dropped it at my indy.. lets see how much this sets me back

Guelphguy
01-31-2013, 09:34 AM
I'd be curious to see what the cost is, I do also need to do this to my M54.

Where did you end up getting you Cold Climate CCV kit from? How much was the kit itself?

98bimmer
01-31-2013, 08:42 PM
I purchased the kit from German Auto parts. It was $170 with tax for the kit with 2 of the 4 hoses as they dont sell all 4 together. Kit is OEM

TF3N
02-01-2013, 03:21 PM
I've never done one before, but I'll give you a hand.

I'll be doing mine in the spring.

EricTsang
02-21-2013, 02:54 PM
OP and Guelphguy, why do you need to replace your CCV ? My car has 200K+ , doesnt hesitate, misfire,,,just drives smoothly. Im not worried until I feel a slight difference in driving. Just curious what makes you guys think you need to replace your CCV

98bimmer
03-03-2013, 02:41 PM
I've never done one before, but I'll give you a hand.

I'll be doing mine in the spring.
Wasnt sure how to do it! Took it to my indy instead
OP and Guelphguy, why do you need to replace your CCV ? My car has 200K+ , doesnt hesitate, misfire,,,just drives smoothly. Im not worried until I feel a slight difference in driving. Just curious what makes you guys think you need to replace your CCV

The CCV gets clogged and starts to gives a milky substance under the cap, I believe if its really blocked up there could be a chance your car wont start. From what ive read..

flipman550
03-10-2013, 04:49 PM
I put mine in last month and it took me one solid day and a lot of patience. I'm curious to see what youre indy will say. I know you can either remove the intake manifold or keep it on. I took mine off and replaced gaskets and checked for vacuum leaks. Well worth the install. My car feels brand new.

Good luck!!

98bimmer
03-31-2013, 08:40 PM
I put mine in last month and it took me one solid day and a lot of patience. I'm curious to see what youre indy will say. I know you can either remove the intake manifold or keep it on. I took mine off and replaced gaskets and checked for vacuum leaks. Well worth the install. My car feels brand new.

Good luck!!

I believe they did it without removing the intake!

flipman550
03-31-2013, 09:19 PM
Yeah you can do it that way but clearance issues and the new ccv kit has insulation around the hoses making it really tight to hook it up. Plus i wanted it done proper. Also removing the dipstick and clearing out the build up is a must. Make sure the shops do that.