PDA

View Full Version : Driver Side window not going up.

ASCE
01-05-2013, 12:39 AM
Hey guys,

I tried looking for an answer for this but no luck.

I have '01 330CI and My driver side window switch has been broken for a few months(it will go down but not back up). Since then I have been using the key method to raise the window when it went down. The other day I broke the cylinder in my lock and haven't been able to use that method either. I am looking for a new switch and a lock repair kit but in the mean time, is there any other way to raise the window?

The car is stuck in my garage for now.

Blackedout95
01-05-2013, 12:58 AM
Remove the door panel, disconnect and pull up.

Eurostyle
01-05-2013, 12:58 AM
Yes, and no.

It can be done with the remote, but only if it has the EURO programing done to it! (so very slight chances you have that option, worth trying tho!)

We have a used swich you can pick up and solve the problem right away, and next time fix ANY issues right away, before you have to fix MORE things!!! *wave*

Eurostyle
01-05-2013, 01:01 AM
Remove the door panel, disconnect and pull up.

Not an option! You CAN NOT pull the window, and to disconnect from the motor/linkage you need move the glass at least twice! *th-up*

jabela
01-05-2013, 03:19 AM
When my drivers window switch failed, I simply swapped the hardware with the rear window switch. You'll see how when you take it apart. Not too hard.
Eventually I replaced the whole module.

MANDD
01-05-2013, 01:10 PM
The window can be rolled up via the BMW tester (GM/ZKE), contact your personal BMW tech or one of the board sponsors.

Mark.

Blackedout95
01-05-2013, 08:21 PM
Not an option! You CAN NOT pull the window, and to disconnect from the motor/linkage you need move the glass at least twice! *th-up*

True but we do it all the time so may have assumed others can to. It helps to have another set of hands, cant hold the glass and disconnect at the same time with only two lol Glass will be on an angle etc.

Eurostyle
01-08-2013, 02:30 AM
True but we do it all the time so may have assumed others can to. It helps to have another set of hands, cant hold the glass and disconnect at the same time with only two lol Glass will be on an angle etc.

On E36 yes, but the E46 is bolted on with the 8mm that can ONLY be accessed at ONE point, so unless you move it, or bust it, i dont know how it can be done!

We do it by powering the motor directly, but that might be tricky for some!

Dinanstu
01-08-2013, 07:03 AM
You should have got the replacement switch a long time ago...!
Don't turn this into a frankenstein repair, just get the swutch from Eurostyle and do it right...

ASCE
01-08-2013, 12:38 PM
I did get the my switch from Eurostyle on the weekend and it works like a charm! Working on my lock cylinder now. Thanks for the helps guys!

Blackedout95
01-08-2013, 05:13 PM
Ahh I see an e46, ya thought he had a e36.