PDA

View Full Version : 5 Series FS: 2003 525iT Manual W M54 3.0L swap & ESS twinscrewed stg 2.5

M-fly
10-28-2012, 05:01 PM
The E39 needs no introduction and as a proud owner of this rare gem it saddens me to let her go...unfortunately the family have spoken and I will be looking for an AUTO X5d in place of this beast. fcplm

The vision behind this Touring was to create a Touring that offers similar performance to the M5 Touring not available here in North America while maintaining DD civility and great fuel economy of the I6. I average 9L per 100km combined (75% city and 25% hw), pretty amazing for a car with 370hp and 345lb of torque. The stage 1 ESS twin screw, as many already know, produces a very linear and usable torque band, the stage 2+ is even better. (http://www.esstuning.com/products/M54B30-Twin-Screw-Stage-2-%28TS2%29.html)

OH, and did I mention my insurance for this beaut was $780 a YEAR!!! :eek:

This beast started out as a 2.5L but was swapped with the 3.0L M54, along with M5 body kit and the go fast goodies. I imported her from Michigan last spring and have only had to replace all the fluids, swapped the stg 2 clutch that it came with with OEM (for DD civility), and perform the Vanos bearing repair kit, all done at RMP Motors. I also have over $25K in receipts from the PO on the installs.

Car: 2003 525iT 5-Speed
Schwartz Black exterior on two tone cream and brown interior
Mileage: 135k on chassis and 95k on M54

Main modifications / upgrades to the car include:

Engine & Transmission:
-M54B30 Motor < 95k miles (Block has been time-serted for more strength/reliability, fixes for common cylinder head bolt thread failure)
-ESS TS2+ Supercharger with Intercooler; 8.5PSI (370hp / 345 torque), 3X500mm Laminova Core $6850USD *smoke*
-OEM clutch and E36M flywheel (less than 9k)
-Zionsville Aluminum Expansion Tank
-Zionsville Electric Fan (single speed)
-Beisan double vanos repair kits installed (less than 1000km)
-Magnaflow Stainless Exhaust Tip

Suspension & brakes <15k miles:
-Koni Sport Adjustable Front Struts (ALL bearings and bump stops replaced)
-Bilstein Sport Rear Shocks
-B&G Lowering Springs (touring specific)
-M5 Brakes (yellow calipers on all four corners)

Exterior:
-M5 Front & Rear Bumpers
-M5 Mirrors with OEM auto fold switches
-Black out kidney grills
-LED Angel Eyes
-Westfalia / OEM Trailer Hitch
-17inch OEM 540 sport double spoke rims with Snows

Interior:
-M5 Steering Wheel with controls
-Complete Euro Dash Conversion (Technical Graphite Trim)
-Euro Center Console
-Rear Heated Seats (back and bottoms retrofit from E38 750iL)
-Active Seat (E38 750iL Massaging Feature-very nice for long trips)
-OEM IPOD Adaptor
-Stealth One integrated V1 display in the instrument cluster
V1 Hardwire

The good
- During the recent Vanos repair, Rocco found a crack on the valve cover and after it was replaced, the engine pulls much harder. Thanks Rocco!
- Everything else works on this car, including the massage chair, although its more tickling than actual massage....
- Needs nothing *rockout*

The Nuisance
- Bilstein rear shock which I find too harsh
- Door dings
- Stone chips on the hood and front bumper
- ESS tuning in cold weather, the car needs to be warmed up before heading out. 3-4min IS required in cold weather. Rocco even called ESS head quarter and they do not have any fixes...
- Some pixels on the dash stopped working, but overall still very legible

Pictures will be posted in a few days after I get the car back from the detailer.

Hoping to find someone that enjoys her as much as I do!!

Asking: $15.9 FIRM to serious buyers only, no test pilots please.

thanks for looking

PS: Also will be selling my S52 M Coupe soon, but thats for another post...prob in the spring

SiR
10-29-2012, 10:12 AM
pics of this beast asap

xsailor
11-01-2012, 07:40 AM
pictures please

jay01_brown
11-01-2012, 03:38 PM
You've painted an amazing picture��
Now lets see some��

ZERO NERO
11-02-2012, 04:43 PM
Exactly as described and a total sleeper ! *rockout*

M-fly
11-02-2012, 07:09 PM
Sorry for the delay, due to Sandy, I've delayed the interior and engine detailing but took some quick cell phone pix... will be leaving for business trip tomorrow and back on Nov 14.

Any questions, please feel free to email me.

Cheers,

M-fly
11-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Enjoy

cmoorhouse
11-02-2012, 08:33 PM
sweeet

shugalou
11-05-2012, 11:13 AM
Wow! Looks killer this should go fast

CBimmer
12-07-2012, 07:27 PM
*love*

M-fly
12-09-2012, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the kind words everyone, I've decided to change business venture and will be keeping her until business stabilizes. until then!

Best,
James