PDA

View Full Version : FS: Catch Can NIB

Bimmer p.i.
10-23-2012, 05:10 PM
I purchased a really nice Catch Can for my 328, but sold the car before I had a chance to install it, and it doesn't fit my Charger. It has a very nice metallic blue finish, and comes with all of the hoses and clamps.

Essentially, the Catch Can keeps oil out of the throttle body, so increasing air intake efficiency and helps the engine last longer.

I paid almost $100.00 for the can, and another $30 for hoses and accessories.

Willing to let it go to the closest to $65 (half the cost). It's just sitting in the box, taking up space.

Willing to ship, but you pay the cost.

If you're interested, either PM or shoot me a text 613-447-1611

Thanks for looking

BigD
10-23-2012, 07:20 PM
Pic or brand/part number?

sb_600
10-24-2012, 11:40 AM
FYI - this is technically illegal for street cars. The reason the oil is routed to the throttle body is to prevent crankcase emissions.

if you get pulled over by the MTO with this on your car, you'll get a hefty fine.

BMe30
10-24-2012, 12:30 PM
FYI - this is technically illegal for street cars. The reason the oil is routed to the throttle body is to prevent crankcase emissions.

if you get pulled over by the MTO with this on your car, you'll get a hefty fine.

You are incorrect.. If the crankcase gases are vented into free air then yes it is illegal.. However.. The proper use of a catch can is to trap the oil/oil fumes from the vented crankcase air allowing an oil free gas back into the intake system.

sb_600
10-24-2012, 12:49 PM
:O

oops... you're totally right - for some reason I was thinking of the system on my racecar (which is vented to atmosphere).

If you simply have a can that traps oil, then is "vented" back to the intake, you're fine :)

carry on!

Bimmer p.i.
10-26-2012, 04:28 PM
hey guys - yeah, these are totally legal..and pretty :-)

I'll see about getting a pic online by the end of the weekend.

Bimmer p.i.
11-01-2012, 02:18 PM
On the side facing down, there is a clear tube to show oil levels in the can. It is recommended to install the can vertically, so the levels are acurate.