PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a place to change Vanos seals

ghd
10-14-2012, 09:42 AM
I want to change my Vanos seals, but have no place to do it, since I live in an apartment.
The car runs like crap at low rpm, bogs down and surges. I'm blaming Vanos seals.
Anyone know any bay, shop or driveway I can rent or borrow?

6appeal
11-19-2012, 04:47 PM
I have the same car as you and I took my car to Rocco at RMP Motors to do it.

cormier
11-19-2012, 04:51 PM
If you want to do a less involved procedure you can always get the Dr Vanos kit -- Bimmersport will do it for you

gnome
11-19-2012, 09:35 PM
I ordered the kit from Beisen, and Rocco at RMP installed them for me.

ac_2007
11-23-2012, 11:18 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but most of the work can be taken with you and done in your appartment.

The satisfaction of money saved and knowledge of a job done right feelsgoodman.jpeg

jabela
11-23-2012, 11:22 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but most of the work can be taken with you and done in your appartment.

The satisfaction of money saved and knowledge of a job done right feelsgoodman.jpeg
Agreed, it's not too bad. http://www.beisansystems.com/procedures/vanos_procedure.htm

I'm planning on doing it myself, but can't find the seals I bought. Doh!

ghd
12-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the replies.
I plan to do it myself, instead of taking to a shop. Just need a place to do the work.
I don't think doing in the apartment will work. Dismantling and reassembly is the biggest part and that needs a bay. If I did set up a work area in the apartment, I'd have no way to drive back with the parts.

Hope I don't loose the seals, too. Pretty sure I left them in the trunk, so it shouldn't be a problem.

cormier
12-09-2012, 01:59 PM
Just did the install of my DR Vanos kit, was a breeze with 2 guys took about 4 hours working at a good pace. If you have any questions shoot me a pm. The besian DIY is very good.

mercforhire
12-12-2012, 10:12 PM
I did it myself in about 4-5 hours. In the summer.