PDA

View Full Version : Alignment Issue

Kamil
10-02-2012, 12:12 PM
So shes back from the shop as of yesterday. Front LCAs, ball joints, bushings, tie rods are in. I asked the shop to do sway bar links for me also and i brought them OEM replacements. Apparently they didnt work with my KW coils so they ordered me links that were about an inch and half shorter. They installed those and said that they will probably bend really soon because they are still too long. After telling them im getting an alignment tomorrow, they said no shop will do an alignment for me because of the amount of pressure thats on the sway bar links or something like that and i think its bullshit how i cant get an alignment done. Should I just go try and get one done at BLine or were they correct and should I solve the link problem first?

ScotcH
10-02-2012, 01:39 PM
just unbolt one of the links and get your alignment if you care so much about keeping the appointment.

Kamil
10-02-2012, 04:16 PM
just unbolt one of the links and get your alignment if you care so much about keeping the appointment.

Quick question... If I dont get my alignment until next week and drive my car every day until next week, is there a chance that my new rotors will get warped because of the alignment? I know its a stupid question lol but i cant find the answer anywhere online.

ScotcH
10-02-2012, 04:23 PM
It's a stupid question :) The answer is no. You tires might wear quicker, but a week is no big deal.