View Full Version : Z4 Audio

08-09-2012, 12:56 PM
Hi all,

wondering if anyone has installed a Bimmian - iPod Adapter?

if anyone knows of an adapter which allows you to connect an aux wire and play off ipod, cell phone etc.?

I have a business CD player.

08-10-2012, 09:32 PM
I use the Dice. Some complain about it, I have had no problems.

Deep 3.2TL
08-10-2012, 09:43 PM
Mine has the Aux already built into the business unit, from factory. What year is your Z4?

These seems to be the cleanest setups for Z4's... pricey though...

Bavarian soundwerks makes some nice audio upgrades for the Z4. Personally, I'm happy with the audio in mine. 10 speakers in such a small space, with solid bass reproduction, I really don't need more!

08-11-2012, 10:41 AM
I think the spec docks have to plug into another module. I remember looking at them on the Bavarian Soundwerks site. I was considering it when I ordered the Dice but I opted to mount my Dice in the truck on the rear firewall and run the iPod cable through a small hole in the rear of the centre console. I actually bought an iPod Nano to leave in the car for $120.

While I was at it, I also installed a 12V port in the back of the centre console and keep a dual USB adapter plugged into that port so I can charge phones, cameras, etc while out and about but keep them concealed (and locked up) when I walk away from the car even if the top is down.

I do like the 10 speaker setup but I have heard great things about the speaker kit from Bav. If I hadn't just had to replace my top motor/pump, I would have ordered it. Next year!

08-13-2012, 03:36 PM
I got a 2003