PDA

View Full Version : 2003.5 E46 M3 SMG super rare color combo, very rare condition low miles WOW!!!

Jmar213
08-07-2012, 01:35 AM
Up for sale is my ridiculously mint**SALVAGE (NY907A)**title 2003.5 (07-03) BMW M3 SMG, "Silver Gray Metallic with a fully powered Imola Red interior." Car is in immaculate condition inside and out (not washed and covered in 55gal of Armor All!), and has only 48k! Vehicle is equipped with park assist, cold weather package, lighting package, 19" wheels, with new tires and convenience package.Vehicle looks, drives and smells like new! I purchased the car with minor nose damage to the left front fender, bumper and hood. All of the air bags and cooling system are original, and there was no frame damage. I simply had to buy a fender,bumper and some minor plastic covers,and the car was done. Vehicle is being sold on a ny salvage title. Contact me for pics and info. Low ball offers will not be responded too and I am FIRM,FIRM!FIRM on price. Im not taking any offers, selling or trading any parts off of this car ao please don't bother to ask. If you dont like my price, that is fine, and completely understandable. If you feel you can find a cleaner 03 with 48 k or less, with this color combo, and these options more power to ya! once you see the vehicle in person you will understand i know what i have. I know this is one of the cleanest 03' M3's around period, salvage, clean title ect. but i will let you be the judge of that. No tire kickers please. Keep in mind the car is 9 years old, not a 2013. Normal wear is obvious, although minimal and below average on my car. If you don't expect to find a ding, or nick or pebble mark don't bother showing interest. I'm just being clear and upfront, I don't want to waste my time or yours. Vehicle is described accurately, and I am not blowing smoke up anyone's b*tt. Vehicle is and will show as advertised! MINT!! ********Thank you for taking the time and reading my description.******** Price is as advertised, and firm!**********
http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m501/j-mar213/DSC02967.jpg
http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m501/j-mar213/DSC02948.jpg
http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m501/j-mar213/DSC02947.jpg
http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m501/j-mar213/DSC02946.jpg
http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m501/j-mar213/DSC02949.jpg
http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m501/j-mar213/DSC02950.jpg
http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m501/j-mar213/DSC02952.jpg
http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m501/j-mar213/DSC02954.jpg
http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m501/j-mar213/DSC02955.jpg
http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m501/j-mar213/DSC02956.jpg

**Please no negative replies, keep them to yourself. The vehicle is priced according to the super rare condition,color combo and options, not because of its history. Your buying the car, not the title! Clean title, salvage title it dont matter, you cant just go anywhere and find a 10 year old E46 M3 in this condition period. If you feel my pricing is not fair, so be it. again keep that to yourself. I know what i have, nor am i in any rush whats so ever to sell it. I have 4 other cars to drive. this one just sits in the garage and is taken out maybe twice a month, if that. I am not entertaining any tire kickers that just want to drool on my floor mats! I will screen anyhone who shows interest, and determine wheather or not they are considered to be "serious" buyers. I must have shown this car to a hand full of people, and they all turned out to be 18yr old kids with no money and think their just going to waste my time test driving a car they have not intentions or means to purchase. As mentioned I am in no rush to sell, this is more of a feeler if anything. if it sells for my price, some lucky person can take her. if not, she can stay on the market until she does. the car is not going to lose its value as fast as a newer car will. Thank you all for taking the time and reading my stupid long description, but i did so just so that everything is out in the open.If I don't reply to you PM's I'm simply ignoring you based upon your questions and or requests simply not being deemed serious enough for me to waste my time entertaining you. I have seen some people on this forum inquiring about cars for over a year and still till this day are doing the same, gimme a break. If you have bought or found a car in a year to buy then that's a HUGE red flag on my part and I will also ignor you, so pleased don't bother reaching out to me. Sorry for being so blunt everyone, I'm just tired of the games people play. The game players may have the time to do so, I simply do not. Thanks again for taking the time and reading all of my jibber jabber! ******$18,500 USD***** Price is more then fair, if not for the title anyone would want atleast 5k-10k more for an M3 similar to mine,in this condition with low miles!

3x Beemer
08-07-2012, 04:28 PM
Nothing wrong with salvage title. Mine too has one and I would stand it up against any non salvage. Your price is too low.
glws

Jmar213
08-07-2012, 05:06 PM
Nothing wrong with salvage title. Mine too has one and I would stand it up against any non salvage. Your price is too low.
glws

I agree! My car is definitely cleaner then 90% of the E46's on the road, and the damages were minimal. I had the repairs done, so I know the cars prior condition which is very important. Do you have photos of your car? It says AW/LSB? That must look insane! Thanks for the GL wishes..... *th-up*

Jmar213
08-07-2012, 05:11 PM
Video link to my car,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLJS2zpmqkU&feature=plcp

Jmar213
08-10-2012, 01:59 PM
Weekend bump!

maxgohan
08-10-2012, 04:11 PM
what kind of logistics and paperwork would be required to bring it to canada?

Jmar213
08-12-2012, 03:44 AM
Simply a bill of sale and the salvage title. If you discover you will need any other documents, I will surely be able to provide them to you. Shipping will need to be arranged with a transporter or you can drive the car back home, which ever you choose. If I am not mistken, the documents need to be sent to customs 48 hrs in advance prior to import of the vehicle. That you can confirm with customs directly.

zc911
08-12-2012, 08:58 AM
You will need to go for a structural inspection and provide pics of before the car was repaired as well as receipts for the major parts. If the parts where not new VIN numbers are need

MBrown
08-12-2012, 11:41 AM
On the import side of things, you'll need the bill of sale and and title. You MUST fax a copy of each to the border crossing you intend to use 72 hours in advance of when you plan to be re-entering Canada with the car.

For a 1997 build date or newer (which this is) you'll also have to fill out and meet the RIV requirements, which sometimes include adding daytime running lights, a third brake light, child restraints/seatbelts, etc.

GLWS and beautiful car!

Jmar213
08-12-2012, 01:12 PM
Mbrown sounds most accurate, I have sold many vehicles (salvage) to Canadians in the past and don't recall having to do anything other then a bill of sale and title. But as mentioned, what "ever" is needed I can provide. I do know there is a hold period at the border of either 48 or 72 hrs for sure if memory serves me correct. All this can be confirmed by simply contacting your local customs agency. I can have the daytime running lights activated, and any and all dealer recalls performed. I believe there is only 1 active recall on this vin# that has yet to be corrected that has recently been brought to my attention. Thank you for all the useful information gentlemen.

zc911
08-12-2012, 01:15 PM
Mbrown only explained the import process, not the registration process. in ontario thats what needs done, i have brought over many salvage tittle cars. There is no "salvage" title in Ontario, once you pass that inspection it will be branded rebuilt
It;s no biggie, but before it can be registered in Ontario you need to do it. No way around it.
just call MTO and they will give you the same answer

i dont know why i post info on importing a car from the US on car forums, even though i have a huge amount of experience doing this, nobody ever belives me lol even thought they have zero experince doing it.

Jmar213
08-12-2012, 01:45 PM
Yes, I am speakin on the "import" process. I am an American, so I never needed to register a car in Canada.

Jmar213
08-12-2012, 01:47 PM
Again, WHAT EVER IS NEEDED I CAN PROVIDE,NO WORRIES.

Jmar213
08-12-2012, 01:48 PM
Thanks ZC911 for your help......

zc911
08-12-2012, 02:59 PM
sorry dont want to ruin your for sale post, if i was in the market for an M3 the extra step would NOT scare me away, its really not a big deal to do just somthing to be aware of

Jmar213
08-12-2012, 03:06 PM
I know your only trying to help, and I thank you for taking the time to help educate us all on what to expect during the process. Thanks again!

Jmar213
08-17-2012, 02:38 AM
Bump for a great car, at a great price!!!

SiR
08-17-2012, 10:46 AM
nothing wrong with salvage (depending) but zc911 is spot on.

you cant just buy this and flash some papers at the border and be on your way. theres much more involved.

though very good deal for someone willing to go pick it up

Jmar213
08-18-2012, 02:48 AM
I would imagine that applies to any vehicle being brought into a foreign country for the fist time, not just a salvage one.

Eurostyle
08-18-2012, 03:11 AM
Again, WHAT EVER IS NEEDED I CAN PROVIDE,NO WORRIES.

In Ontario, in order to go from Salvage to Rebuild you need the original insurance estimate, pictures from all sides of vehicle (at damaged state), bills of all the parts used to fix it, with VIN#'s of all used parts (if any), name and location of shop doing the work, and a "structural safety" certificate (inspection) when the car is fixed.

All of this may not apply to a car already fixed, but if title shows as Salvage, they might still ask for it! *wave*

Jmar213
08-19-2012, 04:14 AM
I have been in the salvage business for over 19 years and have never heard of a "structural safety certificate" this is not used here in the states, can someone please elaborate on this document? Also, my car had ZERO frame damage, and no deployed airbags. Even the cooling system is original and was unharmed, so will this mysterious document still be required??? Thank you in advance....

propr'one
08-19-2012, 10:18 AM
^^yes, you will still need a structural safety certificate. AFAIK this costs about 300$.

Jmar213
08-19-2012, 01:55 PM
Did a quick google search and found nothing other then one or two other forums simply mentioning this process/ form. No information on what exactly the process is, who performs it, and where to have it done. Regardless, this is something that will need to be once imported, not here in the states, as there is no such requirement here, nor any place to have such an act performed. I read on a Porche forum (1 of the ones I found mentioning this document) that this certificate cost him $50 in 1-2012, and was done by some shop in BC. All he needed was the wheel alignment spec sheet/print out??? I don't know, again this document is all foreigners to me. But let's move forward as this is a small minor detail that the buyer and myself can discuss when need be......... Thanks guys.

Eurostyle
08-23-2012, 03:02 AM
It has nothing to do with the damage on the car, it could be as simple as a broken window or a scratch...In ONTARIO, to go from Salvage to a Rebuild title you need this "inspection". They are very strict about it, and if you dont have all the paperwork, including estimates, pictures, bills, etc...they might not license it...

zc911
08-23-2012, 09:48 AM
^ %100 true fixed or not

cisco911
08-23-2012, 10:58 AM
What people are saying about value of the car is true. The car looks like it is in great shape and worth every penny. However, you also have to look at it from a purely financial point of view. A car that has a rebuilt title will always be worth less than a car that doesn't have a rebuilt title assuming same condition. Unless a seller can prove that the damage was minor, a potential buyer will be worried as to what the actual damage was. It could be minor or it could have taken a completely new front clip...or maybe it was water damaged (which is almost impossible to detect). These are all the things that a buyer will have on his mind and will lower the price of the car due to the potential for costly repairs down the line and because when they have to resell th vehicle later on, they will also have to sell to people that will have the same mindset. I'm not saying this is the case for your car, but that is the logic from a buyer's point of view.

Also, why would an insurance company write off a car than needs so little work? Bumper, fender, and hood plus paint might come to like $2-3K. That is minimal compared to the actual value of the vehicle.

ha9981
08-23-2012, 11:43 PM
What people are saying about value of the car is true. The car looks like it is in great shape and worth every penny. However, you also have to look at it from a purely financial point of view. A car that has a rebuilt title will always be worth less than a car that doesn't have a rebuilt title assuming same condition. Unless a seller can prove that the damage was minor, a potential buyer will be worried as to what the actual damage was. It could be minor or it could have taken a completely new front clip...or maybe it was water damaged (which is almost impossible to detect). These are all the things that a buyer will have on his mind and will lower the price of the car due to the potential for costly repairs down the line and because when they have to resell th vehicle later on, they will also have to sell to people that will have the same mindset. I'm not saying this is the case for your car, but that is the logic from a buyer's point of view.

Also, why would an insurance company write off a car than needs so little work? Bumper, fender, and hood plus paint might come to like $2-3K. That is minimal compared to the actual value of the vehicle.

It is never only 2-3k in the eyes of insurance companies. Moreover, this could have happened when the car was work 60k. No shop would have even touched it for insurance covered repairs for less than 10k.

cisco911
08-24-2012, 01:47 PM
It is never only 2-3k in the eyes of insurance companies. Moreover, this could have happened when the car was work 60k. No shop would have even touched it for insurance covered repairs for less than 10k.

What makes you say that no shop would have touched it for less than $10k? If they quote to fix it is less, why would the shop not do the work?

I don't see an insurance company paying a customer $60k for the car when they can fix it for less than 10K, especially if the airbags didn't deploy and there is no frame damage. Isn't the rule of thumb 25% of the value of the vehicle or if there is frame damage or airbag deployment?

ha9981
08-24-2012, 01:53 PM
What makes you say that no shop would have touched it for less than $10k? If they quote to fix it is less, why would the shop not do the work?

I don't see an insurance company paying a customer $60k for the car when they can fix it for less than 10K, especially if the airbags didn't deploy and there is no frame damage. Isn't the rule of thumb 25% of the value of the vehicle or if there is frame damage or airbag deployment?

Simply because they are crooks when it comes to taking money from insurance companies. Try getting any BMW world even the e46 and have a look at the markups. Also consider they will replace a headlight if the lense is scratched or bulb is gone. Also consider this is an M3

Jmar213
08-25-2012, 11:51 PM
Guess no one can explain the process/ details of this certificate everyone's talking about. My "for sale" posting seems to have taken a turn towards repair shop policies rather then the task at hand...

cisco911
08-27-2012, 12:29 PM
Sorry for the thread jacking! Here is what the MTO site says:

1. My vehicle has a brand in another jurisdiction. Now I want to register it in Ontario. What will happen?

Vehicle brand information from other Canadian or US jurisdictions will be carried forward when these vehicles are registered in Ontario with the exception of the "Rebuilt" brand. Imported vehicles with a Rebuilt designation or its equivalent from other Canadian or US jurisdictions will be registered as "Salvage" in Ontario thus requiring them to undergo a structural inspection to ensure that the vehicle has been properly repaired before being branded as "Rebuilt" in Ontario.

So basically, if the car is branded as salvage in the states, it will need to be have the structural inspectiond done to have it legal in canada to switch the brand to rebuilt. However, if the car is branded salvage due to water damage and not collision, it will be branded as irreparable and cannot be legalized.

You will have to look around, but I believe many body shops have the ability to do the inspection.

Desisuperman
08-28-2012, 08:11 AM

What he said ^^

More info on this car can be found here

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=414484

http://forum.E46Fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=905292

cisco911
08-28-2012, 01:31 PM
What he said ^^

More info on this car can be found here

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=414484

http://forum.E46Fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=905292

Wow! After reading some of the sellers comments on other forums, I wouldn't want to deal with him either! Saying that he can pick and choose who he wants to deal with and crapping on others. That is definately not the way to sell a car buddy!

Jmar213
08-29-2012, 09:24 PM
Wow! After reading some of the sellers comments on other forums, I wouldn't want to deal with him either! Saying that he can pick and choose who he wants to deal with and crapping on others. That is definately not the way to sell a car buddy!

Don't take things out of context. Don't pass judgement when you don't know the PM's I received prior to posting my comments.

Jmar213
08-29-2012, 09:34 PM
Just so everyone knows, I have never show this vehicle "in person" to anyone. I screen everyone I speak with just because I work 60 hrs a week and don't want my time wasted, as I have so many times in the past with other vehicles. The vehicle is exactly as described, you are buying the car, not marrying me. The purpose of the posting is for one to sell and the other to buy, not become the best of friends, have children and live happily evert after. I am an honest family man, and have never jerk'd anyone around in my entire life. I am not a teenage kid that has nothng better to do then slander, and insult other me,bers simply because they may have something better then me. It is childish, and pathetic in my opinion that there are people who enjoy this type of behavior. I don't have to like the buyer as the buyer does have to like the seller. It's then CAR that is important, nothing more or less. I don't know what everyone is determined to be idiots about me selling my car. If you don't like the car, or the price that is fine, you don't have too. Keep it to yourself and keep things moving. I see and hear things all day long I don't like, that doesn't me I begin to harass the person or persons I have the disagreement with. If you can find a cleaner, car with a desirable color combination, low miles clean or salvage for less money, then god bless you. No one if forcing anyone to like/buy my car. All I want to to deal with professional, honest serious buyers and you can expect the absolute same in return. Thank you.

dbworld4k
08-29-2012, 10:06 PM
http://i.imgur.com/nZNWt.gif

Jmar213
09-04-2012, 12:56 PM
Bump

SAKE
09-05-2012, 03:29 PM
Just so everyone knows, I have never show this vehicle "in person" to anyone. I screen everyone I speak with just because I work 60 hrs a week and don't want my time wasted, as I have so many times in the past with other vehicles. The vehicle is exactly as described, you are buying the car, not marrying me. The purpose of the posting is for one to sell and the other to buy, not become the best of friends, have children and live happily evert after. I am an honest family man, and have never jerk'd anyone around in my entire life. I am not a teenage kid that has nothng better to do then slander, and insult other me,bers simply because they may have something better then me. It is childish, and pathetic in my opinion that there are people who enjoy this type of behavior. I don't have to like the buyer as the buyer does have to like the seller. It's then CAR that is important, nothing more or less. I don't know what everyone is determined to be idiots about me selling my car. If you don't like the car, or the price that is fine, you don't have too. Keep it to yourself and keep things moving. I see and hear things all day long I don't like, that doesn't me I begin to harass the person or persons I have the disagreement with. If you can find a cleaner, car with a desirable color combination, low miles clean or salvage for less money, then god bless you. No one if forcing anyone to like/buy my car. All I want to to deal with professional, honest serious buyers and you can expect the absolute same in return. Thank you.

lol I kinda understand this guys frustration. I had my E90 fully modded, clean title, all mods included + forged wheels for 20,000$ on Kijiji, some kid said he would give me $13,000 cause that's the average going price for that kind of car. I ended up telling him to %@#^ off and I will drive the car till it dies. Some kids have no shame, and just shoot out random offers hoping they can drive a BMW. I paid something close to 46,000$ for my e90 back in 07 now the kid thinks he can score it for 13k? For 13K he will never see another E90 as clean as mine.

Jmar213
09-14-2012, 08:38 PM
Price drop to $17900!

Desisuperman
09-17-2012, 10:40 AM
Price drop to $17900!

So now it's only $900 more than your asking price from Feb 2012 fcplm

colucc
04-03-2013, 12:55 PM
still for sale ?