PDA

View Full Version : Wash and Wax day?

Gamite
03-08-2002, 12:38 PM
When the weather gets warmer, do you guys want to have a wash and wax day?

"wax on wax off!"

Softy
03-08-2002, 12:53 PM
Very good idea :) I'm in. Just name the time and place. Love to see what others are using on their rides.

330DTM
03-08-2002, 05:06 PM
I'd probably just come and watch you guys wash or as usual shoot videos if something interesting happens.

The most I'd do is wash my car. Claying+polishing+waxing will take me more than 3 hours! But after all that hard work, it allows me to use less effort to wash the car because the dirt comes off so easily. So techniaclly, by the time i finish, you guys will probably be goners!

:(

Softy
03-08-2002, 05:45 PM
3 hours?!?!? I used to do claying-polishing-waxing on a bi-weekly basis and it would take me 3 days! In the garage Friday after work and finish Sunday night. <--- this is what happens when you're newly single from a long term relationship :huh?:

Now I just stick to an acrylic that takes me about 1 hour per layer. And no sweating either... wipe on wipe off. Then I spend the rest of the time detailing all the little parts I would ignore if I was really tired from waxing.

330DTM
03-09-2002, 01:52 AM
For the products i use, they last a bit longer than 6 months.
That is after using mothers clay, I use Klasse AIO 2 coats, and then the KLASSE 3 sealant glaze 3 coats, and Blitz wax 2 coats. This will last a bit over six months of smooth body paint and the water will always bead. It pays off. technically this whole process would take me more than 8 hours actually. i did only almost 3/4 of the volvo wagon and that already took me 6 hours.

Gamite
03-09-2002, 04:30 AM
Thats why we do it as a group, 6 people dewaxing a car is easier than 1.. its easier to wax 6 door panels than wax an entire car imo..

330DTM
03-10-2002, 01:25 AM
hmm, in that case, I don't mind helping others out. hehe But i still prefer to do my cars on my own.

Softy
03-10-2002, 01:34 PM
Hey KLASSE is what I use also. Haven't put any wax on top of it though, I just keep layering on the sealent glaze stuff. does the blitz wax help a lot? I heard it's one of the better products for black cars.

Also were do you get your KLASSE? I couldn't find any here in Canada.

330DTM
03-12-2002, 04:42 PM
Yup, I love using Klasse.
I order it from this online site. Well technically, I call them up and order, but i use their online catalogue
http://properautocare.com/

The Blitz wax is a nice product. I haven't used the Sealant glaze alone w/out the blitz, so i woulnd't know the difference. It's lasted pretty darn long compared to the products i get from our local stores :)