PDA

View Full Version : 3 Series Clean Low KM 328is

Nick_V
07-25-2012, 05:35 PM
Not entirely sure I'm ready to part with this car, but it's sitting in my garage barely being driven and I could use the extra space. Not to mention I feel like it should be being enjoyed more than it is by me. So I'm putting it out here:

1997 328is, 139xxxkms.

Mods:
S52 cams, M50 manifold, 3.23LSD, CDV delete, ZKW glass headlights w/HIDs, 18 button OBC. Other than that it's stock.

I've owned it for a couple years, bought from another Max member @121xxxkms. Since I've had it I've done:

both pre-cat O2 sensors
CCV
RTABS (UUC urethane)
Guibo/CSB
Waterpump/t-stat/housing

Issues:

-the paint, while in fantastic shape, is not original. I've had some rust repaired over the rear arches (cut out and replaced with new metal), but there are still a couple small spots (see pics). Underneath is clean though, and all jack pads are intact. Also, as the majority of the kms I put on it were spent on the highway going up north and back, the front end is kinda sandblasted (see pics).

-one rear spring is broken (bottom coil). I have a BNIB set of eibach springs that I'd include in the sale, however. The worst part about this is that when it broke, it partially tore the retainers for the parking brake shoes out of the backing plate. As a result, I've removed the guts from one side. Still works and holds the car, only half as good, lol. Easy fix.

-recently it's developed a slight clunk at low speed over bumps. I'm pretty sure it's a tie rod end gone for a crap. Also an easy fix.

-vanos seals probably could stand to be done. No noise/rattles, but stumbles/idles a bit rough on a cold start for 10 secs or so. Once a bit of pressure builds it smooths out and doesn't happen again till the next cold start.

-SRS light is on. Something to do with a sensor under one of the seats I think, I just haven't bothered to deal with it.

Other than these minor issues it's a great looking and driving car. It will come with a valid E-test, but I'm quite busy with work and other things and don't want to spend time fixing the above things in order to safety it. Really, it's just the spring and the tie rods, and possibly the SRS light depending on who does the safety.

To sweeten the deal, in addition to the new springs, I have a full OEM M3 kit that I'll toss in, but be aware that it's gonna need a bit of work and a paintjob. The exception to this are the mirrors which are freshly painted and ready to be swapped over. I also have a Carbonio CAI that I took out in favour of the stock box - buyer can have that too.

Now to cut to the chase: I want $6K for the car and everything above, not willing to negotiate. I really hate all the haggling BS, so that's the price. If you like it, come see the car, you won't be disappointed. If not, move on with your search. I don't need to sell this car in any way, and I'm still not sure I won't regret it if I do, so please don't ask me if I'll take less, because I won't.

Come see it! I'll be sad to see it go but would like to see it go to a good home.

mhamouda
07-26-2012, 07:13 PM
Nice color combo

jay01_brown
07-27-2012, 11:17 AM
nice but too much $$

Nick_V
07-27-2012, 03:03 PM
^Lol. Maybe for you. Lots of people who have seen/know the car think it's priced bang on or even a bit low. Thanks for the bump though*wave*

Dr. Flyview
07-27-2012, 04:05 PM
^^ No offense, but maybe 5 years ago. If you fixed all the problems you listed you'd be lucky to get 5-6k and only because it's such low mileage.

Nick_V
07-27-2012, 04:16 PM
^You're too funny. How's the car search coming?

slowdubbin68
07-28-2012, 02:40 AM
nice car ! glws *th-up*

Eurostyle
07-28-2012, 04:07 AM
^Lol. Maybe for you. Lots of people who have seen/know the car think it's priced bang on or even a bit low. Thanks for the bump though*wave*

Yeah, people say a lot, but at the end of the day, $$$$ talks! lol :D

sproule905
07-28-2012, 09:29 AM
^You're too funny. How's the car search coming?

hahahah! love it!

nice car with minor issues!

Good luck with the sale and avoid all the low ball losers!

Nick_V
07-29-2012, 10:00 PM
Bump. In an attempt to stir up some interest in this baby, I decided to take care of the Vanos seals today. No more cold start rough idle. Doesn't feel too much different driving-wise, but I only did a ~20km test run tonight. Interested to see how it feels after it's fully broken in (see pic below). Also gonna order the parking brake parts and check out the tie rod situation when I get a chance.

sparf328
07-30-2012, 03:08 AM
if only it was a sedan I've had to many coupes. bump for low km's

jay01_brown
07-30-2012, 09:14 PM
4k and id be interested

Nick_V
07-30-2012, 09:53 PM
Ehh, so would a lot of people. Would probably sell in no time at that price, because it would be a steal. Not gonna happen though. I don't care. If you actually happen to be interested in the car, you're doing it wrong. Otherwise, you're just an annoyance trolling my FS ad. I'll get what I want for it, whether it sells here or elsewhere. If not, I'll keep it for a while longer, no big deal.

Dr. Flyview
07-31-2012, 04:51 PM
Yeah, people say a lot, but at the end of the day, $$$$ talks! lol :D

Yes exactly, and looks like there isn't any 6k talking here.

Good luck with your sale man. It will really help that you're taking care of the mechanical issues.

Nick_V
07-31-2012, 07:48 PM
Yes exactly, and looks like there isn't any 6k talking here.

Buddy, the car has been for sale less than a week. You've made it clear that you wouldn't pay that for this car (despite never having seen nor driven it), but you don't speak for everyone. Your opinion is yours, but don't shit on my thread.

BMW_7
07-31-2012, 09:42 PM
seen this car, fact of the matter is low km red 328is, are rare and that's a fact.

Maybe 6k, maybe 5k minimum, this car will not drop down anymore, it's reached the plateau. So I think it's a fair price for a nice car and if I was in the market I'd grab it.

Nick_V
07-31-2012, 10:19 PM
Thanks Vitaliy. And thanks to everyone else with positive things to say ITT.

The crapping in here is funny to me - I have a kid at work begging me to sell the car to him for 6k. I could juice him for 7 probably, but a) I'm not a dick and b) I'm just not sure I want to let it go to him because he is young with questionable taste and if the next owner of this car is going to molest it, I don't want to watch it unfold after the care I've taken to keep it up. I posted it here first to try to get it into the hands of another enthusiast. I've looked at plenty of other E36s - you'll be hard pressed to find one in this condition for the same money.

Hellrot2.8
08-01-2012, 02:40 PM
Nice color combo

oh ya

likely was an individual option, super rare find - tan leather with a red car.

GLWS!

Nick_V
08-01-2012, 03:53 PM
^Hey Alber, how's it goin man? You wouldn't happen to be in the market for an E36 would you?:D

Hellrot2.8
08-01-2012, 04:06 PM
I'm doing awesome Nick - I'm always looking, you never know man!
Actually I'm into the late 80's early 90's era right now, specifically e28 & 34s
*wave*

Nick_V
08-02-2012, 12:26 AM
just for fun:

Singe
08-02-2012, 04:40 PM
That car is very reasonably priced, with all the mods and not to mention a clean E36 with that millage and in that color is impossible to come by these days. If it was my car i would be asking $7000 no problem. Your not just paying for an E36 but a well taken care of E36 which are rare. Personally i would always pay top dollar for a nicely kept older cars then newer ones as they don't build them and make like the used too...Siply cars today don't have Character....

DET1990
08-02-2012, 08:52 PM
what kind of oil do you use to keep the head and valvetrain so clean i just changed the head on my car and every thing had a bronze color to it

Nick_V
08-02-2012, 10:18 PM
I don't stick to one brand, usually look for what's on sale when oil change time comes around. Always synthetic, changed every 5-6K kms, since I've owned it . Right now I'm running Castrol 5w-40. However, I found a place that sells both Liqui-Moly and Fuchs 5w-40 synthetic @ $30/5L last time I bought oil for my 540i. They said they bought a huge quantity of it and nobody buys it, so as long as it lasts, that's probably what I'll use.

Nick_V
08-02-2012, 10:53 PM
Just gonna throw this out there since I've been asked about trades. I would be willing to work out a trade for one of two things:

a) a late model E30is (318, 325) with a clean body (reasonably rust-free) and interior. Not so much worried about mechanicals. A tired/blown motor wouldn't bother me, more interested in a solid shell.

b) a 1998-2001 Honda VFR800.

Both are long shots, but those are the only trades I'd consider.

e36rok
08-02-2012, 11:09 PM
If you want an e30 with a perfect body I have one, but it's not a late model. You would have to modify late model bumpers to fit.

Nick_V
08-08-2012, 10:53 AM
Bump. Willing to negotiate on price.

ha9981
08-08-2012, 07:22 PM
Bump. Willing to negotiate on price.

At a boy.

Nick_V
08-08-2012, 08:24 PM
^lol. It's a jungle out here.

Moe
08-11-2012, 10:37 AM
Beautiful Ride Bro.....GLWS

Nick_V
08-19-2012, 06:10 PM
What's it gonna take to get someone out to look at this thing? People just wanna ask questions online. What happened to going to look at cars in person? Anyone looking for a clean E36 will not be disappointed by this car! As I said before, willing to negotiate a bit to get this thing sold.

MikeDsantos
08-21-2012, 09:56 PM
ill buy the engine and tranny if your willing to part it out?

Nick_V
08-21-2012, 10:18 PM
No.

gotcurry
08-23-2012, 10:31 AM
ill buy the engine and tranny if your willing to part it out?

lol..

nice car.. i remember back when it was on sale at 121k. people were drooling (including myself). i believe at that time it was up for around 8-9.

fair price for low kms. glws

JINT
09-11-2012, 08:44 PM
Just sold the 530, man what a boring car that was. Interested to come and check your 328 out if it's still for sale.

Nick_V
09-11-2012, 11:32 PM
^pm'd

lucad2
09-12-2012, 12:12 AM
Might be interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick_V
09-24-2012, 05:06 PM
No longer for sale. Gonna drive it this winter and maybe try again in the spring.

Murchie
09-28-2012, 06:44 PM
The crapping in here is funny to me - I have a kid at work begging me to sell the car to him for 6k. I could juice him for 7 probably, but a) I'm not a dick and b) I'm just not sure I want to let it go to him because he is young with questionable taste and if the next owner of this car is going to molest it, I don't want to watch it unfold after the care I've taken to keep it up. I posted it here first to try to get it into the hands of another enthusiast. I've looked at plenty of other E36s - you'll be hard pressed to find one in this condition for the same money.

What happen to this kid?..better of selling to him *th-up*

Nick_V
09-28-2012, 10:13 PM
He still wants it but doesn't even have his G2 yet. Might sell it to him in the spring but as I said before, I don't really wanna have to witness the carnage.

Nick_V
11-02-2012, 07:32 PM
BUMP - here's the deal: I've been looking for a small pickup truck and just got a killer deal on a Ford Ranger. So I'd like to get this car out of my way asap. I don't have room for it in my garage and I don't wanna deal with finding a place to store it for winter. Dropping the price to $5500 and I'll throw in brand new control arms, CABs, and tie rod ends (all Lemforder parts) that I just spent close to $500 on after tax. Mileage is now close to 141k.

Throw some offers at me. Pretty motivated to sell right now.

JINT
11-03-2012, 01:00 PM
BUMP - here's the deal: I've been looking for a small pickup truck and just got a killer deal on a Ford Ranger. So I'd like to get this car out of my way asap. I don't have room for it in my garage and I don't wanna deal with finding a place to store it for winter. Dropping the price to $5500 and I'll throw in brand new control arms, CABs, and tie rod ends (all Lemforder parts) that I just spent close to $500 on after tax. Mileage is now close to 141k.

Throw some offers at me. Pretty motivated to sell right now.

sorry Nick, couldn't pass on the M5. If it wasn't for the M5 i would've bought this car.

Nick_V
11-03-2012, 05:23 PM
I don't blame you, I probably would've done the same. Nice pick up.*th-up*

Nick_V
11-12-2012, 05:00 PM
One more *bump* before I put it to sleep for the winter. $5000.

damameke
11-12-2012, 08:59 PM
One more *bump* before I put it to sleep for the winter. $5000.

Fair listing price is subjective, one can list a price that is fair and yet would not sell, why? >> No buyer or buyer who wants to steal it from you...

I was trying to sell my 2001 Z3 3.0i with 95 K, very good condition, lowered and serviced at SF at a price that is $2500 less than those advertised in autotrader.ca, to me, a very fair price. yet no buyer too, now it has 97k, and resting in garage... I was selling to buy a z4m coupe.. might try again in March...

Nick_V
12-09-2012, 03:35 PM
deposit taken.

Nick_V
12-11-2012, 11:05 PM
Sold.