PDA

View Full Version : The Motorsport Club of Ottawa Joins Twitter- @TheOfficialMCO

Jeff2886
07-17-2012, 12:43 PM
We are LIVE!

The Motorsport Club of Ottawa is officially on Twitter! Event details, pictures, videos, and more will be shared from this account.
We encourage members to follow @TheOfficialMCO and share photos and videos. Members can also share feedback on events and ask questions.

I am currently getting the account off the ground but going forward the account will be controlled by the members of the exec so that information on individual disciplines can be added.

Please help spread the word! Tell your friends, co-workers, and anyone else who'll listen to go visit/follow @TheOfficialMCO

Jeff2886
07-17-2012, 01:01 PM
The next MAJOR event in our calendar is the Ted Powell Memorial Race Weekend. The plan is to provide tons of updates, pics, and vids from the track via our Twitter page.

We'd like others to join in on the conversation too with an official hashtag for the weekend.
For those who are new to the twitterverse, a hashtag is basically a word, acronym, or sentence preceded by the "#" symbol (ex: #MCORocks)
Twitter users are limited to 140 characters in their responses so the hashtag has to be short.

I've included a great article for reference: http://blog.hubspot.com/blog/tabid/6307/bid/32497/How-to-Use-Hashtags-on-Twitter-A-Simple-Guide-for-Marketers.aspx

So here's my task for our creative members:Choose the official hashtag for the Ted Powell Memorial Race Weekend!

The event takes place at the beginning of September. I will accept entries until August 17th before closing the thread and starting a poll on the MCO forums that will end September 6 (before the event).

The winner will be chosen as the official hashtag used in all race updates from the MCO and will be used by others who want to join in on the conversation.

My submission: #TPR (already in minor use right now but could work)