PDA

View Full Version : BimmerBoys: not a good experience.

TheMadChigga
06-19-2012, 03:19 PM
I've given PJ plenty of time to get back to me but I've simply have had enough.

I originally got into contacted with PJ about the E36 M3 bumper they sell, was happy with the price and inquire about the M52 swap they had as I wanted one for our Ti, all I need was everything for the swap exclude the transmission, that was May 16th.

This was from one of my original PM:

Hi PJ, thanks for getting back to me, btw, the M52 you have, do you have everything as is from the E36? I'm looking for new engine for the Ti, if so, how much would you ask for the whole thing incld DME & harness?

Regards,

Sam

We worked out on a delivery date and price for the swap & front bumper, I paid deposit on May 18th on Paypal, the engine was dropped off on June 7th, and I paid rest of it the same day, few things were missing from the initial drop off, but he later brought more.

On June 11th Jay let me know the following was missing:
- MAF
- Knock sensor
- Cam position sensor
- power steering pump
- Power steering pump lines
- power steering reservoir
- Air box

I immediately let PJ know that those things were missing and also asked for tracking number for my bumper, I gave him the benefit of doubt and waited, in the mean time I try to source the pump on max as time is more important to me, I once more sent him another PM asking where things are and if they will be dropped off soon, the PM was sent on the 14th, as the swap was meant to be done within 2-3 days, and by now I've got a car sitting at the shop taking up space.

On the 17th, I sent PJ a PM telling him I'd like to know where things are and gave him options, here was my PM:

Hi PJ, I don't like to get into this but here's basically what my actions will be.

1: I'd like the missing parts send to Stance Factory ASAP, it shouldn't take longer than a day to find all the missing parts, you do not need to find a power steering pump as I've already purchased one and I'd like to know where my front bumper is, if those are done by Tuesday morning then things go on as normal, I'll forget about this great inconvenience.

2: If you cannot find the missing parts, I'd like to be re-imburse on the missing parts as it was part of the original deal, I will give you a complete write down on how much it costs me to find those parts, most I will purchase used but if not, I will have to purchase new, and I'd also like to know where my bumper is, once again, I'd like to know by Tuesday morning.

3: If you do not reply by tomorrow morning I will automatically assume you do not want to deal with this matter and I will file through paypal for resolution and I will deny payment on my credit card, as the $800 was placed on my credit card through paypal and will leave a note on the board of my experience.

I've given plenty of time for both the dismount and delivery of the engine and bumper, in fact the first deposit was made on May 18th with delivery schedule for June 7th, that's 3 weeks of time, if during that time you had notice lack of parts as promise, I would've appreciated you letting me know about it and I would've either not gone through with the deal or find another way to deal with it, but right now it has become a problem that it should not have become and a rather of a disappointment.

Regards,

Sam

Which he immediately responded with:

I dont know what the problem is here? I told you I've got the parts and they were shipped out along with the bumper, so yes you'll have them.

just an FYI, I thought you bought an engine, wire harness and ecu. not a power steering pump not an alternator, not an intake, throttle, throttle boot. those are all items I sell separately because they are worth hundreds of dollars as individual items. what you are asking me to deliver is an engine swap. This is a case of miss-communication and I should have been more clear as to what I included for the 500$ price of the engine+harness+ecu. I apologize for that but as I said, I am satisfied that I went over and above what any other company would have done.

I dont want to argue with you about any of this,

The knock sensors, air box, vacuum hose and bumper are on their way, so really no need to worry about

Comes today, I've received a bumper with air box and knock sensor with various spark plug covers in them, not sure why he even put spark plug covers as I never asked for one.

But the fact I'm still missing various parts that are needed for the swap to be completed is completely driving me nuts, I've given the benefit of doubt numerous time and plenty of time for the removal and delivery of the engine, I would've love to be able to call them and ask about all these things but there was no phone number on the site, I even forwarded my phone #, if there was any issues or miscommunications, PJ should've let me know, I've NEVER not pay for what its worth on any transactions, if he really thought what he sold was too cheap, he had 3 weeks to tell me before the delivery, and as far as miscommunications go, they are in the business of BMW, its hard to mistaken that there were no 6cyl Ti sold in North America and its hard to finish an engine swap without those things.

Bottom line: I'm not looking for any reimbursement, I won't file dispute on paypal, I just want to move ahead and get my swap finish, I will source the missing parts myself, but extremely disappointed in PJ/BimmerBoys and how things were handled.

PJ, here's an advice, miscommunication happens, its simply put it, mistakes, but its lack of communication that's the most dangerous thing in business, a customer not knowing where things are or what's happening won't be a happy one, reputation is what brings people in/back, I hope you can learn from this.

NOTORIOUS VR
06-19-2012, 03:30 PM
I have to admit... communication is not his strong point at all...

that sucks though man...

I really don't see the obsession with parting out these motors into individual pieces... or should I say attempting to sell a "complete" motor with missing accessories, manifolds, fuel rails ect. That is NOT a complete motor.

Whatever the issue is I think it's the sellers responsibility to be CLEAR on what their definition of a complete motor is. And if they sell it in a non running condition (ie. missing parts) then it should be stated as such.

If people want to sell individual parts then do so, but don't sell motors with missing parts that's just ignorant.

TheMadChigga
06-19-2012, 03:44 PM
I have to admit... communication is not his strong point at all...

that sucks though man...

I really don't see the obsession with parting out these motors into individual pieces... or should I say attempting to sell a "complete" motor with missing accessories, manifolds, fuel rails ect. That is NOT a complete motor.

Whatever the issue is I think it's the sellers responsibility to be CLEAR on what their definition of a complete motor is. And if they sell it in a non running condition (ie. missing parts) then it should be stated as such.

If people want to sell individual parts then do so, but don't sell motors with missing parts that's just ignorant.

I admit it does suck, I made the decision based on people had good experiences with him and I rather buy from a Max vendor than say Standard, not that others are bad, I actually had a really good experience with Standard Auto, but its just something like this, I just prefer buy "local", I do the same for bread etc, I like to buy from local small bakeries.

5style
06-19-2012, 06:23 PM
And it bit ya in the ass. :( typical "vendor" experience these days, albeit a very SMALL select few are still good.

This is why i get new parts mainly, and get used parts private or bite the bullet on shipping on BFc. Trying to make riches from rags, not cool.

SiR
06-19-2012, 07:18 PM
ya where Im from a motor swap includes everything unless stated otherwise.

bmwm5lover
06-19-2012, 09:19 PM
My brother emailed them through their site for e36 brake parts about a week ago. Never heard, so he bought elsewhere.

Not sure if we will attempt doing business with them again.

As far as your situation, I would reverse Pay Pal, As far as I am concerned an engine includes everything for it to run UNLESS otherwise specified by the SELLER. HUUGE inconvenience for you.

I would give them the benefit of the doubt, it isn't running a business and satisfying everyone always, but not a good way for them to start...

Chefskinny
06-19-2012, 10:34 PM
I wasn't going to post this but I'm having a similar experience with Bimmerboys Pj, albeit a much smaller item and not really a big deal to me I just hate being jerked around.

I purchased a steering wheel from him, pics showed wheel, centre emblem from wheel and all looked good. He even gave me a free shift knob which I thought was awesome. I sent payment right away, he said it would ship out in the morning, which was great because I needed it to move the car.

After it not showing up and me having to ask a bunch of times about it, I was told he "shipped it" and guesses he can't trust Canada Post anymore. It takes 2-3 days from London to Toronto FYI. He ends up saying If I don't receive it within 3 days he'll refund my money and if it shows up after it's mine to keep. As I was sure it would, it showed up on Day 2, not being a moron I looked at the shipping date which was 2 days previous so the whole time he was just flat out lying to me.

I got the wheel and it was as described and in great shape, except the emblem was missing. Blah blah blah he was getting one for me, then he ignored pm's, then he couldn't find it, then he was ordering one from ebay, then he ignored pm's, then the one from ebay was "cheap chinese knock-off", then finally he says he'll look for one at the junkyard for me (saturday) and if he can't find one he offered to just refund me $10 and wish me luck in my search. Tired of dealing with this I posted on r3v and had 3 of them available to me for less than $10, within 15hr's.

Now i've PM'd him asking him for the $10 and he's just ignoring me. I really could care less about the $10, nor do I expect him to come through on it, but the time he has wasted of mine is a bit inexcusable. This whole thing started April 16!

I talked to him a couple times on the phone about the Motor setup he had and he really seems like a good guy, but if he wants to run a business he really needs to step up and be honest with people. Hopefully he'll take this and turn it into something positive for his business and the community.

propr'one
06-19-2012, 11:50 PM
I pm'ed bimmerboys about a 3.73 they were selling a few times, they never replied. I just figured they weren't interested.

Eurostyle
06-20-2012, 03:36 AM
From what i understand (and i'm sorry if i got it wrong!) this is a part time business for them, and this can be a mistake since something like that will need 110% dedication! Running a shop is no joke, problems happen all the time but how you deal with them is the key.

E36is
06-20-2012, 06:34 AM
another for bimmerboys...I went in for one of their groupbuys, he did offer to drop off the part but unfortunately i wasnt available at the time he wanted, no problem. quick pm back saying i'll meet him where ever he wants to complete the transaction (also has my cell#)... no reply.. send him another pm saying the exact thing... nothing.. its been 2 weeks and still no response.. i have the cash in hand collecting dust...

sproule905
06-20-2012, 08:07 AM
Doesn't anyone pick up the phone anymore? I get emails and PM to cover your ass, but a simple phone call gets to the bottom - then send a follow up PM or email.

bmwm5lover
06-20-2012, 10:15 AM
Doesn't anyone pick up the phone anymore? I get emails and PM to cover your ass, but a simple phone call gets to the bottom - then send a follow up PM or email.

Most times I would pick up the phone for sure. Sometimes though, it imay be after hours, you maybe in the middle of doing something while sending an email on your phone, or you simply don't need the info right away so you email and wait for the response to deal with at a later time.

In any case, I don't believe they have a # listed on their site, however if they offer a way of getting in touch with them via email, then they should follow up on that.

TheMadChigga
06-20-2012, 11:46 AM

There's no phone # on their website nor he ever gave me any so I sent him mine and ask him to give me a call, but that never happened.

BimmerBoys
06-20-2012, 08:26 PM
wow Geeze Guys... I'm in Europe at the Euro Cup... looks like I left too much unfinished business behind!

I'm trying to get my wife to hook everything up but she is no mechanic. I didn't start this to rip anyone off. far from it! I did this cuz I can get better prices and just wanted to make a few bucks on the side. BUT let me address some of the madness before it gets out of hand...

to "Madchigga" I understand your frustration, but you have been very selective with your PM references here. you were NEVER sold a "Complete" engine EVER! period. If you disagree then please find or invent the quote where I promised you a SWAP rather than a motor.

you asked for and were given a price on a "motor harness and ecu" remember? shall I find that PM for you?

Not until some time after did you realize that what you needed was a complete swap, at which time you began to badger me for more and more parts to the point of threatening to contact your credit card company!
Sorry about the miss-communication but I gave you every nut and bolt I had. no Power steering pump or lines, no, but I did my best.

What else are you missing after today besides that?

BimmerBoys
06-20-2012, 08:27 PM
To Proper, Notorious, 5style and SIR. I was not selling a motor swap, just a motor ecu and harness. the price for the swap can be found in the for sale section and is far more than I got for the parts agreed on. Sam and I agreed on 450$ for the M52, wire harness and ecu. assuming that the Harness and ecu are 100$ each does that then mean that a motor, power steering pump, 140amp alternator, throttle, throttle boots, air box, m50 intake, sell for 250$? YIKES!

To: e36is regarding the Rad, sorry I missed you, but I wasn't able to deliver and am only seldom in Toronto. I can only at this point accept Paypal or an EMT and then ship the parts when they come in. or if you prefer to pick it up I can take cash.

BimmerBoys
06-20-2012, 08:38 PM
To: Eurostyle and anyone else who cares:

I hate used parts and only sell them when I have them, I don't go out of my way to buy and sell them exactly because of this scenario! When I take an order I contact all three of my suppliers, get a quote and add between 5$ and 20$ to the total order for my "cut"
you will not find anyone selling for that little profit on new parts.

Yes this is only a part time "job" to fund track projects for the next 11months until my sponsorship runs out. I have a real job, a wife, a family, and a few chipmunks living in my garage... so if you want your parts yesterday then please seek elsewhere. If you want to save a bit of cash, then place an order, swing by and have a beer, talk about cars and chill.

I dont have a staff or a warehouse or a shipping department, its just me, tape and some cardboard.

NOTORIOUS VR
06-20-2012, 08:41 PM
To Proper, Notorious, 5style and SIR. I was not selling a motor swap, just a motor ecu and harness.

When someone sells a motor normally you assume that there is nothing missing from it.

Until dealing with trying to buy M5x (or newer BMW) motors I've never seen so many people trying to sell motors with parts like the accessories, intake manifold, fuel rail, etc as extras.

They're not "extras"

That said, I'm not trying to single you out.. I'm just sharing my general experience.

BimmerBoys
06-20-2012, 08:48 PM
OH and MadChigga real beauty at the end of your first post...

you thought it was too cheap, never not paid for something etc etc. I BOUGHT you an alternator the next day for 100$ for you. I told you that in a PM remember, you didn't offer to pay for it. So I guess your morality is a little exaggerated.

any ways its like 4am and I have nothing further to say. good night and GO CZECHS!

BimmerBoys
06-20-2012, 08:51 PM
When someone sells a motor normally you assume that there is nothing missing from it.

Until dealing with trying to buy M5x (or newer BMW) motors I've never seen so many people trying to sell motors with parts like the accessories, intake manifold, fuel rail, etc as extras.

They're not "extras"

That said, I'm not trying to single you out.. I'm just sharing my general experience.

Fair enough, I have never sold a motor to anyone before ever. I did my best to collect the missing parts and shipped them at my expense. I didn't have a few and had to buy a few. I think all that was left was the power steering. so for a complete swap (minus power steering) for 450$ I think it was a very good price.

qwerte
06-20-2012, 10:13 PM
Why isn't this under the "Supporting Vendor Feedback" section?

FTR, I would consider it to be a significant difference to buy/sell something as a swap compared to a Motor, ECU & Harness. It ultimately comes down to communication, but both parties share responsibility to ensure that they know what they are buying/selling.

If it was propositioned as Motor, ECU and Harness I think there is no right to expect power steering pump and other accessories to the motor. But that should be made clear to both buyer and seller before the deal is put into action.

I would consider this as a learning experience for both as they have both suffered from the transaction as a result of unclear communication.

(My communications with BimmerBoys has been prompt and honest, but I have not yet made any purchases)

TheMadChigga
06-20-2012, 10:51 PM
wow Geeze Guys... I'm in Europe at the Euro Cup... looks like I left too much unfinished business behind!

I'm trying to get my wife to hook everything up but she is no mechanic. I didn't start this to rip anyone off. far from it! I did this cuz I can get better prices and just wanted to make a few bucks on the side. BUT let me address some of the madness before it gets out of hand...

to "Madchigga" I understand your frustration, but you have been very selective with your PM references here. you were NEVER sold a "Complete" engine EVER! period. If you disagree then please find or invent the quote where I promised you a SWAP rather than a motor.

you asked for and were given a price on a "motor harness and ecu" remember? shall I find that PM for you?

Not until some time after did you realize that what you needed was a complete swap, at which time you began to badger me for more and more parts to the point of threatening to contact your credit card company!
Sorry about the miss-communication but I gave you every nut and bolt I had. no Power steering pump or lines, no, but I did my best.

What else are you missing after today besides that?

PJ, look at the PM I quoted, that was the first one I asked you about the M52 swap into my Ti, note, I asked to swap into the Ti with harness, DME, etc, not just a long block, how in the world am I suppose to start an engine without a MAF/knock sensor/cam position sensor/power steering/alternator?

And don't say I invent quote, you have the same PM's as I have, here's the screenshot in case you think I write them out of thin air.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k65/themadchigga/max_pm.jpg

You never once said the price did not include the accessories and I will need to source those separately, I've bought motors without accessories, and they say "NO ACCESSORIES", and the engine was $500 + $250 for bumper and I also paid $150 for delivery.

And what alternator for $100? you've never told me anything about nor send me a PM, on June 6th you asked for rest of the payment in the PM:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k65/themadchigga/max_pm_june6.jpg

Then the next PM was on the June 11th saying you'll send me the parts and bumper, that was the last time I heard from you:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k65/themadchigga/max_pm_june11.jpg

I've sent you PM asking there are any updates on the 13th, 15th,
I threaten to dispute the payment cause you never got back to me, time is precious for everyone, I'm sure yours too, if you are going to be away for long time, at least attend to business end of things, how are others suppose to know you are away? I was gone for 2 weeks overseas but I read my emails and reply to them even phone calls daily, that's even with automated email replies saying I won't be in for 2 weeks, did your wife send the stuff with Fedex as well? because the box says the slip was printed on June 18th from your address, you told me things were gonna be on their way and everyday I call Jay to see if they show up but everyday he told me no.

If those things were not to be included, why couldn't you tell me the first time I ask for them? why waited a week and a half to let things get to like this? that's great you've got a family to feed and hobby to enjoy, but you are a max sponsor for crying out loud, you paid the fees so you can advertise your service/products and sell it to the user on this forums or even more, you made mistakes then accept the fact that mistakes were made and instead of telling me that selling a whole engine incld accessories for $500 is too cheap, why can't you just accept it and offer an apology and move on? I even said I wasn't going to dispute the payment for missing parts, why does going to Euro cup has anything to do with me buying things from you, why did you not tell me you were going to be gone to Europe for a while and can't answer as fast as you usually can, I paid for the parts on time, I paid for delivery, and you can't just let someone sitting there and wondering what happened, because I'm sitting here debating what to do, I even was worried if you were hurt, but then I check that you have been online and on the forums many times during the 11th and 16th, if you went to Euro Cup then why was the bumper with air box knock sensor sent on the 18th?

BimmerBoys
06-21-2012, 06:06 AM
Yup the wife would have taken care of it, it was shipped from my address because she lives in the same house as me.. I let her know to ship once the bumper had shown up, to send everything in one shot. Sorry it didn't work out as quickly as it should have. I had no idea it was missing a cam sensor either. I put a new "updated" one in there from an e46 and included the wiring for it as well. I'd double chech that because I did that install the morning I brought it out to you.

Any ways. You've made your points here, but now its nothing more than a public shouting match. If you'd like to talk then pm me . I won't get back right away but I'll get back to you.

Again... What are you still missing? I can send you a stock cam sensor if you don't like the e46 one that is in there. (Which is a recall fix on later e36 cars)

sproule905
06-21-2012, 08:26 AM
There's no phone # on their website nor he ever gave me any so I sent him mine and ask him to give me a call, but that never happened.

that's just poor form.. and busines 101.

get a phone bimmerboys!

BimmerBoys
06-21-2012, 09:24 AM
I never had any intention of hiding my phone number and I never realized it wasn't on the site. Lots of guys here have it! And its on every package I ship so again just a virgin mistake. 519-852-5256. If my wife answers please don't yell at her, talk to me if you're unhappy about something. :)

Again I want to point out... I'm not a typical business in that I have a wearhouse or have a staff. I just have channels through which I can get better prices and want to share that with max. I make. 5$-20$ on orders. I'm not getting rich or anything, but I enjoy meeting members and making like minded friends.

Here is an example.

The M3 front bumper I sold to Sam. I order it from california.
It costs me 172$ plus tax to my house in lonodon. So 194$ it costs me 53$ to fedex it. So
247$ I sell it for 265$ minus 8$ paypal fee so 257$

That leaves me 10$

I do this because I love bmw and I wanted to make a positive contribution, if I'm not doing that then I'll gladly stop and save myself and you guys the hassle!

Madchigga: I really feel that I did my best. And I think that at the end of the day I've learned to be very clear on what is included and what is not. Rest assured I won't be bitten again! I'm sorry this all went to hell, I really had no idea what was involved in a ti motor swap, and would much rather have taken care of this on day one rather than chase parts and send multiple shipments.

TheMadChigga
06-21-2012, 10:36 AM
I never had any intention of hiding my phone number and I never realized it wasn't on the site. Lots of guys here have it! And its on every package I ship so again just a virgin mistake. 519-852-5256. If my wife answers please don't yell at her, talk to me if you're unhappy about something. :)

Again I want to point out... I'm not a typical business in that I have a wearhouse or have a staff. I just have channels through which I can get better prices and want to share that with max. I make. 5$-20$ on orders. I'm not getting rich or anything, but I enjoy meeting members and making like minded friends.

Here is an example.

The M3 front bumper I sold to Sam. I order it from california.
It costs me 172$ plus tax to my house in lonodon. So 194$ it costs me 53$ to fedex it. So
247$ I sell it for 265$ minus 8$ paypal fee so 257$

That leaves me 10$

I do this because I love bmw and I wanted to make a positive contribution, if I'm not doing that then I'll gladly stop and save myself and you guys the hassle!

Madchigga: I really feel that I did my best. And I think that at the end of the day I've learned to be very clear on what is included and what is not. Rest assured I won't be bitten again! I'm sorry this all went to hell, I really had no idea what was involved in a ti motor swap, and would much rather have taken care of this on day one rather than chase parts and send multiple shipments.

PJ, apology accepted and I appreciate it, shit happens to everyone and as long people learn from it, then its time to move on, I've bought the parts that I needed for the swap, I do not need anything else.

fuzionx23
07-04-2012, 03:37 AM
so to recap: BimmerBoys is an amateur business owner and we shouldn't buy from him. thanks for the feedback TheMadChigga.

cormier
07-04-2012, 08:06 AM
^^ that's not what I got from this thread at all lol

Ceeker
07-04-2012, 08:49 AM
so to recap: BimmerBoys is an amateur business owner and we shouldn't buy from him. thanks for the feedback TheMadChigga.

cut the guy a break..he's part-time business owner. and really ISN'T doing it for the money. now if he's not doing it for the money then he's really not in it for the business side of it is he? so what do you expect from him? Do you think he should invest all his time and energy to make a few ticks on the dollar just to make you guys happy? He said it straight; I'll get you parts to the best of his knowledge and make a buck or two for his time and trouble and the inconvenience for this, is patience. if you need it sooner or immediately then buy from a big business and pay the piper!!

I find the general attitude on here is people want everything for nothing. not only do people want it cheap, but right now. in the real world, this shit doesn't take place.
As for not getting all the parts? that can be a simple oversight seeing one isn't dealing in this every single day and can't know everything. Bad preparation on the bus owners part perhaps. but in defense, this happens in other business as well. just an unfortunate experience but as long as no one got hurt - it's all good.

on a related note: I deal with someone regularly from the states. up until now he's been pretty good with me until recently. I asked for price/avail a number of times now and I got the "I'll get it, I'll get it. and now over 3 weeks and I got it...I got " I'm too busy and really sorry I couldn't" what do I say to that? so now my projects are hung up for over a month because his priority now is his shop and not me. I can suck it up or I can leave and find another supplier who will be glad to take on my business. :-)

Nick_V
07-04-2012, 07:51 PM
cut the guy a break..he's part-time business owner. and really ISN'T doing it for the money. now if he's not doing it for the money then he's really not in it for the business side of it is he? so what do you expect from him? Do you think he should invest all his time and energy to make a few ticks on the dollar just to make you guys happy? He said it straight; I'll get you parts to the best of his knowledge and make a buck or two for his time and trouble and the inconvenience for this, is patience. if you need it sooner or immediately then buy from a big business and pay the piper!!

Bull$hit. I haven't seen that explicitly stated anywhere except in this thread, in his own defense. He must be a REALLY nice guy if he is willing to deal with all the headaches that come from dealing with angry customers to do this for peanuts. If that's the business model, it should be spelled out in capital letters on his homepage - "Great prices, whenever we get around to dealing with you, after we have your money, that is." I'm pissed because he accepted a payment from me for some parts almost 4 weeks ago and hasn't returned PMs/emails since. Nothing. So I read this thread and see that he went on a nice vacation. Would have been nice to know. I could deal with what he "straight out" said if it actually would have been straight out. My beef is that there was no mention of him being away, possible delays, etc. and absolutely no communication after taking my money. Not to mention a total disregard for my project timeline. You'd think a true enthusiast would know how frustrating it is to be kept in the dark for weeks after forking over money for shit he needs to keep his project rolling. How hard would it have been (knowing he was leaving for vacation) to say, "Nick, I can get your parts no problem, but if you need them asap you might wanna try somewhere else as I'll be away for a month." This is in no way about wanting something for free, it's about people conducting business poorly.

Blackedout95
07-04-2012, 09:07 PM
What I got from this is I must be lucky to get a complete motor when we buy motors lol

Cam sensor...really, yikes!

ac_2007
07-05-2012, 11:45 PM
In BimmerBoys' defense, both times I've ordered parts from PJ were positive experiences. Everything was well packaged and priced right.
He took care of me on my second order at their expense when a supplier made a mistake. I really couldn't have asked for better service.

It sure seems like they're trying to make things right and admitting responsibility.

fuzionx23
07-06-2012, 04:18 AM
Bull$hit. I haven't seen that explicitly stated anywhere except in this thread, in his own defense. He must be a REALLY nice guy if he is willing to deal with all the headaches that come from dealing with angry customers to do this for peanuts. If that's the business model, it should be spelled out in capital letters on his homepage - "Great prices, whenever we get around to dealing with you, after we have your money, that is." I'm pissed because he accepted a payment from me for some parts almost 4 weeks ago and hasn't returned PMs/emails since. Nothing. So I read this thread and see that he went on a nice vacation. Would have been nice to know. I could deal with what he "straight out" said if it actually would have been straight out. My beef is that there was no mention of him being away, possible delays, etc. and absolutely no communication after taking my money. Not to mention a total disregard for my project timeline. You'd think a true enthusiast would know how frustrating it is to be kept in the dark for weeks after forking over money for shit he needs to keep his project rolling. How hard would it have been (knowing he was leaving for vacation) to say, "Nick, I can get your parts no problem, but if you need them asap you might wanna try somewhere else as I'll be away for a month." This is in no way about wanting something for free, it's about people conducting business poorly.

+10 0000000000

Ceeker: did bimmerboys pay you to say that? or are you a child? what you said was the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard.

Running a business is built on integrity. i give you money you give me what you promised to give. its either you follow through or you dont as a business owner, if you can't understand what a business entails you have no reason to run one. I dont care whether you do it for fun, for a bit of profit (which i find is a total BS) there is no excuse for blatant irresponsibility.

honestly dude next time you need to buy something expensive, send me money ill get i for you. just know that ill hold onto your money, tell you its on its way, send you only parts of what i promised, go on a trip for days without informing you, spend your hard earned cash, then when i get back tell you i tried getting you the parts make some BS about how its a part time job, its for fun, i only make part time money, and say oh, when i say im going to get you a whole engine swap it was only these parts.

Roysneon
07-07-2012, 07:56 PM
I semi-recently bought a motor from someone. I told him my car had an M40, the motor I was buying was an M42. I said repeatedly to him "engine swap". When the motor was out (I had to help pull it) he started talking about things like separating the trans and me returning the alternator to him. I had never thought that those parts were not included and he had never thought I wanted them included. This situation completely reminded me of exactly how that deal went down. I was pissed off at first but then realized I should have looked him in the face and told him that I want the trans, driveshaft and all accessories connected to the engine.

It really seems to me that PJ just did this for a way to be more involved in the community, have an excuse to play with BMWs and parts that made money instead of costing him money and sell a few parts on the side. Unfortunately for him and anyone dissatisfied after sending money it seems he got in over his head. Not the would be customer's fault, but as a third party I sympathize with all involved.

on a related note: I deal with someone regularly from the states. up until now he's been pretty good with me until recently. I asked for price/avail a number of times now and I got the "I'll get it, I'll get it. and now over 3 weeks and I got it...I got " I'm too busy and really sorry I couldn't" what do I say to that? so now my projects are hung up for over a month because his priority now is his shop and not me. I can suck it up or I can leave and find another supplier who will be glad to take on my business. :-)

You talking about Levent? I found the same thing recently, started buying from Blunt.

BimmerBoys
07-10-2012, 02:34 AM
Why does everyone insist that me wanting to help the community is bs? My supplier in the states offers a bulk discount so all I do is bundle the orders that I get from people here with my own, and get better prices. Or I set my mark up to a minimum and often end up with nothing to show for it. Its really not a big deal, I've met some great people and made some good friends. I'm sorry that so many people are so cynical as to think that a person can't just do good for others because thats simply what they feel like doing. I'm not claiming to be a martyr, I do get cheep parts for me and my friends and family, but believe me you're not paying my mortgage.

I'm sorry I started all this mess, I had the opportunity to go to the euro cup and visit my family in Europe so I went. whats done is done, so please let this be the last post here. If you have any positive or more negative comments please just start a new thread.