PDA

View Full Version : bmw 330 made in china

2bmwguy
06-09-2012, 03:45 PM
I have 330 that most to all parts have' made in china' sticker on it . The 3serise Is poorly made car , with plastic rads , bad water pumps , bad electical, rear frame blown outs. Ect Ect Ect.. the list never ends. I also drive a Nice 540 that Is well built monster , made in germany , why did bmw make the 3 s in china for.

doogee
06-09-2012, 04:46 PM
They didn't...your car is full of aftermarket junk.

2bmwguy
06-09-2012, 05:23 PM
They didn't...your car is full of aftermarket junk.

LMFAO *wiggle*

fitter527
06-09-2012, 05:25 PM
Bahaha

2bmwguy
06-09-2012, 05:25 PM
I think one year they sent them over to get built there. In china.

BMW_M_POWER
06-09-2012, 06:53 PM
Good thing I sold my E46

Ceeker
06-09-2012, 11:39 PM
actually the e46 is probably the best car they built since the e30 and would rank it in the same class as far as technology and reliability matched in one. This coming from an bmw tech in a dealership environment who's got 18 years experience. the newer cars are garbage and quite frankly an embarrassment to bmw. Here is an interesting piece of info.
since bmw hit the NA market in the early 80s this is the first year that dealerships made employees sign statements of nondisclosure about the product. they are NOT allowed to discuss the product outside of the dealership environment with ANYONE.

gee, I wonder why??? :-)

2bmwguy
06-09-2012, 11:48 PM
So what you are saying is the the newer bmws are made in china not the e46s ,fair enough . Mabe mine was built that year they were made in china.

ac_2007
06-11-2012, 12:34 AM
The 11th digit of the VIN indicates the plant where your car has been built

A Munich, Germany
B Dingolfing, Germany
C Dingolfing, Germany
D Dingolfing, Germany
E Regensburg, Germany
F Munich, Germany
G Munich, Germany
J Regensburg, Germany
K Munich, Germany
L Spartanburg, South Carolina
N Pretoria, South Africa
P Regensburg, Germany
V Leipzig/Hall

No E46 was made in china. The problem is the cheapness of your previous owner.

2bmwguy
06-11-2012, 08:04 AM
Z china

ac_2007
06-11-2012, 02:51 PM
Then you have a limited edition.. should be worth more :D

2bmwguy
06-11-2012, 02:54 PM
:(Yes you might be right.*par-t*

dbworld4k
06-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Your sig says 325, your thread title says 330, and your "rides" under your profile says your E46 had a skull contusion or a notable move to seize power.

Which is it?

InfiniteDice
06-11-2012, 08:57 PM
Shhh! It's common knowledge that newer is always better.

2bmwguy
06-12-2012, 08:59 AM
Your sig says 325, your thread title says 330, and your "rides" under your profile says your E46 had a skull contusion or a notable move to seize power.

Which is it?

Hi , i have a e46 325 with 330 motor in it . Another thing i replaced on the bmw . And i pen e39 540.

blakneto
06-12-2012, 06:30 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_3_Series_%28E46%29

Shows they did do some e46 assembly in China... now how much? who knows?
Did any of the cars built there come to Canada/US? I highly doubt it unless A - Someone shipped it or B - there was a sudden and DRASTIC SHORTAGE of 3-series cars...

The real question is how did you come about a "made in china" car?

2bmwguy
06-12-2012, 06:52 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_3_Series_%28E46%29

Shows they did do some e46 assembly in China... now how much? who knows?
Did any of the cars built there come to Canada/US? I highly doubt it unless A - Someone shipped it or B - there was a sudden and DRASTIC SHORTAGE of 3-series cars...

The real question is how did you come about a "made in china" car?
ahhhh a smart guy i like you . some people on this board judge a book buy its cover , like i cant spell corectly , stupid china threads , ect ect ect . some m5 guy sprout about from the landing got so mad he wants the mods to erase my threads , i say do it!! .They did infact do more in china to bmws than most people know !!

Blades
06-12-2012, 06:59 PM
this thread ..

http://i.imgur.com/GWFNJ.gif

Quack
06-12-2012, 07:45 PM
just to remind you how stupid this thread is.

you make a thread stating your car is made in China because you found stickers with "Made In China" written on it, the 2nd post was probably the most correct post, saying that the previous owner put shitty made in China parts on your car, one thing that would really help is putting your VIN# up so we can see if your car is in fact built in China.
secondly, yes there are european & domestic car companies that have factories in China, lots of Chevy's, BMW E46 & E39's, Audi A6, Mercedes-Benz C-Class, the list goes on, but those cars built in China stays in China, want to know why, cars in China are bloody expensive, they cost almost double of what the cars here in Canada cost, for example, a brand new BMW E92 M3 is about $200,000cdn in China, so why would anyone want to import a car from China to North America is beyond me.
Another thing, if your car is built in China did you find lots of Chinese manuals in the car? and before you say I don't know what I'm talking about, I've been working in the automotive industry for over 15yrs, I'm also of Chinese descent, with over 100+ relatives that live in China, I've been there a bunch of times in the past few years, and going back in September, maybe if you post your VIN# I would be able to find the factory that built your so called made in China BMW.fcplm

Oyster
06-12-2012, 07:58 PM
just to remind you how stupid this thread is.

you make a thread stating your car is made in China because you found stickers with "Made In China" written on it, the 2nd post was probably the most correct post, saying that the previous owner put shitty made in China parts on your car, one thing that would really help is putting your VIN# up so we can see if your car is in fact built in China.
secondly, yes there are european & domestic car companies that have factories in China, lots of Chevy's, BMW E46 & E39's, Audi A6, Mercedes-Benz C-Class, the list goes on, but those cars built in China stays in China, want to know why, cars in China are bloody expensive, they cost almost double of what the cars here in Canada cost, for example, a brand new BMW E92 M3 is about $200,000cdn in China, so why would anyone want to import a car from China to North America is beyond me.
Another thing, if your car is built in China did you find lots of Chinese manuals in the car? and before you say I don't know what I'm talking about, I've been working in the automotive industry for over 15yrs, I'm also of Chinese descent, with over 100+ relatives that live in China, I've been there a bunch of times in the past few years, and going back in September, maybe if you post your VIN# I would be able to find the factory that built your so called made in China BMW.fcplm

well written

/thread

2bmwguy
06-12-2012, 09:30 PM
well written

Quickid
06-13-2012, 12:31 AM
ahhhh a smart guy i like you . some people on this board judge a book buy its cover , like i cant spell corectly , stupid china threads , ect ect ect . some m5 guy sprout about from the landing got so mad he wants the mods to erase my threads , i say do it!! .They did infact do more in china to bmws than most people know !!

Other than the fact that your car sucks, what exactly is the point you're trying to make?

cormier
06-13-2012, 11:31 AM
Don't hate-- sometimes I feel like my e46 was made in china too. Common mistake

2bmwguy
06-13-2012, 11:53 AM
Other than the fact that your car sucks, what exactly is the point you're trying to make?

Acually my car Is fixed now!! Take it easy.:moon:

Quickid
06-13-2012, 12:12 PM
Acually my car Is fixed now!! Take it easy.:moon:

hahaha, i'm actually not getting upset at you. I'm really just curious as to what you're trying to say. are you just venting your frustration over the issues you have with your car? they're actually not that bad once things get sorted out.

2bmwguy
06-13-2012, 12:23 PM
As You guys and gals can see i have more Than one bmw i like them. Infact i always had one since 1995 .my first was a e30 Convertable , Yes just venting and making joke about it. And some still were made in china. Lol.

Woofer
06-13-2012, 02:28 PM

Agreed.

Why not get rid of the car if you hate it so much? Complaining it's shit isn't going to make your "Chinese" BMW any better. Change the parts that are affecting you vehicles performance and call it a day. Bashing your e46 on a BMW website isn't going to get you anywhere. if you posted some constructive criticism maybe people could help address your problems. Otherwise, like I said, just sell it.

blakneto
06-13-2012, 05:46 PM
yes this whole thread is stupid...

Personally... if you did not want a Chinese bmw... then why buy a BMW with "MADE IN CHINA" stickers all over it??*mumble*

MaxBimmer and be an unruly bunch... Providing bullets will only make things worse! *uzi*

*no-no* tsk tsk tsk