PDA

View Full Version : front end bushings and tierods

iverson03tj
06-06-2012, 07:12 PM
So my front passenger side outer tierod is gone, and my balljoint also on the passenger side is getting there.... now im wondering if i should just buy those parts i need or should i change the whole control arm and tie rods at the same time... also anyone know a good alignment shop in the east end... one that will do the alignment to the specs that's on bimmer forums?

Dinanstu
06-07-2012, 07:29 AM
Whatever parts you can get in urethane, order them from UUC or whoever. Get it changed, so it will last.
Each time a part wears out, I switch to Uerthane, just got my RTAB's in urethane from UUC Yday.

E36is
06-07-2012, 12:28 PM
^^ if he DD his car all year, urethane + winter is a bad idea. imo, stick with OEM rubber.

Dinanstu
06-07-2012, 01:11 PM
True enough, I store in the winter...

I change suspension parts in pairs (left and right). If you can press in bushings, do so.
Check the internet for parts and compare prices to dealer..

Shop around for alignment shops...preferably a 4 wheel alignment...I'm out of the "recommending shops" business..

:)

iverson03tj
06-08-2012, 03:27 AM
i dont mind switching both.. but i hear some suspension bushings shouldnt be switched to urethane... im not worried about winter, i got no abs or traction control (drove my s/ced e36 like that last winter with no issues!) n my car is rusted (will be painting it next summer) but i would like to change them to urethane.. if its better...