PDA

View Full Version : How my DDT trackday ended today..

BMWdouche
04-30-2012, 12:28 AM
lawlz

twboy1999
04-30-2012, 01:51 AM
what happen

jabela
04-30-2012, 02:33 AM
I don't see any damage... engine trouble?
Anyhow, sorry about your car. Hopefully it's not too bad.

Eurostyle
04-30-2012, 02:45 AM
Unless you end up in a wall, its not that bad! lol

richie_s999
04-30-2012, 07:02 AM
why were you messing on the DDT when the BMW club was on the GP track??? seriously there was about 20 plus Maxmembers there.

hope the cars ok though, a story of what happened would be nice

BMWdouche
04-30-2012, 03:44 PM
That explains the parade of M3's and 911's we saw driving by as we waited for a tow-truck.

The story: A much slower E90 wouldn't let me through, so last few laps of the day I decided to try to get in on the inside to get him to back-off and let me through.. went into the corner too quick, under-steered and ran a curb very hard and tore the sidewall of one of my rear V12s.

The aftermath: Called BMW RA, waited 2 hours for a truck. Drove 10 mins and was instructed that I had already used 50km out of the 84 km I was promised that would get me home, because the driver is counting the km TO the site. Pissed, I call BMW and fight with them for 20 mins and they finally decide to pay the hundreds extra to get my car home.

Today: Tried to source a single Ventus V12 in 255/35/18 without any luck, apparently its back-ordered everywhere and the prices ranged from 400-600$ for one of these tyres at an Active Green + Ross or equivalent (I had to get to work and they were the only ones open that early at 7am). Said **** it and waited for Tire23 to open and got one on special order for just under $300. Was getting paranoid, very paranoid at the time - so glad they came through, should be here in 7-10 business days.

IN THE MEANTIME (I need advice): I'm thinking of putting on my Winter Rears for the time-being. I know it isn't ideal but is it OK?

My fronts would be 225/40/18 and my rears would be 225/45/17 (winters) - they are barely winters anyway, HS439's. I'm not concerned about appearance, more about safety. If anyone can chime in on this, let me know :)

SiR
04-30-2012, 03:49 PM
pictures of the damage?

and youd be fine to run the winters...may want to think about just swapping them all out but it wont hurt either way. Just dont be trying anything crazy

BMWdouche
04-30-2012, 03:54 PM
pictures of the damage?

and youd be fine to run the winters...may want to think about just swapping them all out but it wont hurt either way. Just dont be trying anything crazy

Thanks, I'm hoping its just a week or so, so swapping just the rears would be easier for me and carrying the other two in the trunk and take them in whenever I get the call that the new tyre is in.

Unfortunately there aren't pics of the damage, just people huddled around it. There was a really generous E90 M3 owner that helped me out a lot and gave me his tyre sealant bottle (although it was useless). Just looks like an ordinary flat tyre, standing next to it. The puncture is too small to be seen.

richie_s999
04-30-2012, 05:58 PM
You tryed and force someone to let you pass on a lapping day? Pull off and tell the marshals, most people are so focused on driving they don't look in there mirrors, and you put yourself off line in dangering everyone

BMWdouche
04-30-2012, 06:06 PM
You tryed and force someone to let you pass on a lapping day? Pull off and tell the marshals, most people are so focused on driving they don't look in there mirrors, and you put yourself off line in dangering everyone

He had his eye on me the whole time, looking at his mirrors. I just wanted to get a pull on him to show him that I'm quicker to let me pass but was not trying to overtake him. I play by the rules.

richie_s999
04-30-2012, 07:09 PM
I thought its usually point by or signaled passes on straits, do they not have marshals to flag them if they are holding someone up?

Flash high beams or honk?

craz azn
04-30-2012, 07:28 PM
I love seeing the aftermath of Hero- errr I mean Lapping Days. :D

Quickid
04-30-2012, 08:02 PM
Who organized this lapping day?

rider-.
04-30-2012, 10:30 PM
n00b

dble Trouble
04-30-2012, 11:50 PM
Threads like this drive me up the wall. This is why you SHOULD do several performance driving schools prior to ever attempting a lapping day. Sure your $90 event fee doesn't seem so cheap now does it? $90 for the event, almost had to pay for a tow, (got lucky there) $300 for a tire. Next door at the GP track a far superior venue, we had a two day event with instruction for $499. 130 participants 50 instructors not one car damaged in any way over a 3 day weekend. Hmmmmmmmm. Not to mention a tax receipt for tax deductions next year, an event golf shirt, catered dinner Saturday pm including beers!!! Hmmmmmmmmmm again. BMWdouche you should come out to our next event June 2-3 at the Mosport GP track and see what it's all about!

dble Trouble
04-30-2012, 11:52 PM
Who organized this lapping day?

Kplayground. You should have seen when I was leaving the GP track Sunday pm there were 3 cars parked on the road in various states of disrepair waiting for a tow truck! I just shook my head! Normal occurrence at these lapping days.

BMWdouche
05-01-2012, 01:20 AM
Kplayground. You should have seen when I was leaving the GP track Sunday pm there were 3 cars parked on the road in various states of disrepair waiting for a tow truck! I just shook my head! Normal occurrence at these lapping days.

LOL THAT WAS US

350Z, WRX and my E90 ;)

BMWdouche
05-01-2012, 01:30 AM
Threads like this drive me up the wall. This is why you SHOULD do several performance driving schools prior to ever attempting a lapping day. Sure your $90 event fee doesn't seem so cheap now does it? $90 for the event, almost had to pay for a tow, (got lucky there) $300 for a tire. Next door at the GP track a far superior venue, we had a two day event with instruction for $499. 130 participants 50 instructors not one car damaged in any way over a 3 day weekend. Hmmmmmmmm. Not to mention a tax receipt for tax deductions next year, an event golf shirt, catered dinner Saturday pm including beers!!! Hmmmmmmmmmm again. BMWdouche you should come out to our next event June 2-3 at the Mosport GP track and see what it's all about!

While I would love to attend a proper track day at the GP track, I wish I could afford it appropriately. It is definitely something I wish to be doing in a few years, but I've done a few lapping days with no issues. The issue here, was purely my fault - over aggressive driving - at the end of the day with brakes and tyres running very hot. My car was the only car there that seemed to be damaged (granted there were QUITE a few horrible drivers that made it less fun for the rest of us). Not to knock what you're saying - I just cant afford a 500$ track weekend + hotels. It isn't cus we don't want to have an awesome weekend of top notch instruction and an awesome driving experience at a proper GP track - it's just that we can't afford it. I know that every once in a while you get caught off guard with a ripped tyre or spent brakes, but I'm sure you realize what I'm saying.

silvia_drift
05-01-2012, 01:39 AM
LOL THAT WAS US

350Z, WRX and my E90 ;)

Just to clarify, my 350Z and the WRX were in no way damaged. We were just backing up our boi and waiting for the tow truck with him.

doogee
05-01-2012, 01:41 AM
You are risking your whole car at those lapping days in my opinion.

I drove by that day. Saw the civic being pulled off the track. No tow truck...just an suv pulling it.

Also saw a smashed up VW.

No offense but if you were trying to put pressure on somebody to let you by, YOU should of been pulled off the track.

Next time give him a quick flash of the high beams and if he doesn't let you by, just exit the track and enter behind someone else.

dcramer
05-01-2012, 09:39 AM
You are risking your whole car at those lapping days in my opinion.

I drove by that day. Saw the civic being pulled off the track. No tow truck...just an suv pulling it.

Also saw a smashed up VW.

No offense but if you were trying to put pressure on somebody to let you by, YOU should of been pulled off the track.

Next time give him a quick flash of the high beams and if he doesn't let you by, just exit the track and enter behind someone else.

Actually I'd go one step further, you should be banned from track days

Any well run event would have black flagged you for the day.

T.Dot_E30
05-01-2012, 10:21 AM
While I would love to attend a proper track day at the GP track, I wish I could afford it appropriately. - I just cant afford a 500$ track weekend + hotels.

It really isn't that expensive if you compare it to other events at the GP track, you are getting two days of track time and instruction. Most organizers charge ~$450 per DAY on the GP Track. With the club you do get alot of value plus the added safety, instruction and organization that most lapping days don't have.

No hotels are required, you have plenty of time to drive home and then back in the morning. Also it is a full 9-5pm day, not just an afternoon.

I'm sure yours turned out to be a $500 weekend anyways...

Anyways, I think we've done enough preaching, hopefully others learn from this and one day understand what we are trying to say.

BMWdouche
05-01-2012, 11:18 AM
Actually I'd go one step further, you should be banned from track days

Any well run event would have black flagged you for the day.

Also we should be put behind bars... and our families publicly shamed.. and our pets put down.

DANIMAL
05-01-2012, 02:01 PM
The Trillium club has ways for potential students to register for the Advanced driving school programs without any monetary exchange. If you can volunteer, once you have accumulated enough hours, you can simply enroll at no cost. Even cheaper than a $90 lapping day.
You would have to put in a decent amount of time but if cash is the limiting factor its certainly an option. Plus you get to spend even more time around cars! Its a "win-win".

PM me if your interested, I am the volunteer coordinator for the club and would be more than happy to tell you all about the program in more detail.

dgmorr
05-01-2012, 02:45 PM
Screen name is fitting to the skillful maneuver.

In stock. $182 your size.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Hankook&tireModel=Ventus+V12+evo+K110&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=535YR8K110XL&tab=Sizes

richie_s999
05-01-2012, 02:47 PM
Don't forget with Trillium BMW you are paying a "tuition" and get a tax receipt and most people get $150 of the $500 back so it's really more like $350 for the weekend.

So $100-$150 for one day on the DDT or $350 after tax credit for 2 days with instruction on GP track.

Sounds affordable !!!!

BMWdouche
05-01-2012, 03:27 PM
Don't forget with Trillium BMW you are paying a "tuition" and get a tax receipt and most people get $150 of the $500 back so it's really more like $350 for the weekend.

So $100-$150 for one day on the DDT or $350 after tax credit for 2 days with instruction on GP track.

Sounds affordable !!!!

The breakdown does sound pretty good. Next summer I think I will join up.

As far as the tires go - I checked tirerack before and would be paying $150 in shipping/don't know if that includes duties or not and would have to pay to get it installed on top of that, which makes it 350$ +

I got a tire shipped/mounted/balanced/installed/taxes in for $280 so I'm decently happy with the outcome of a shitty situation... just have to wait for it to arrive.

Put my rear winters on and now the rear end is pretty loose especially in the rain.

Racer
05-01-2012, 08:23 PM
you don't need no stinkin' skool! If you have the balls to dive-bomb some douche (no pun intended) into a corner - you got skillz!
I hate mofos like the guy you were racin'. Next time, just give him a little tap on the rear bumper.

cormier
05-01-2012, 09:17 PM
^^ haha little late for april fools eh :p

davericher20
05-02-2012, 01:10 AM
you don't need no stinkin' skool! If you have the balls to dive-bomb some douche (no pun intended) into a corner - you got skillz!
I hate mofos like the guy you were racin'. Next time, just give him a little tap on the rear bumper.

This. /thread

SiR
05-02-2012, 11:13 AM
There is nothing wrong with trackdays.

And its not like all cars barely make it off the track at them either. Op made an error and paid for it. At a well run track day he wouldve been black flagged for sure. Doesnt mean one cant get out for some lapping on the cheap at an event like this. You just have to keep your wits about you and realize you arent running the nurburgring on ps3.

*obviously the school is a great thing to attend but to play it off like its the only suitable or decent option seems a bit biased.

The more track days out there the better imho.

BMWdouche
05-02-2012, 12:35 PM

And its not like all cars barely make it off the track at them either. Op made an error and paid for it. At a well run track day he wouldve been black flagged for sure. Doesnt mean one cant get out for some lapping on the cheap at an event like this. You just have to keep your wits about you and realize you arent running the nurburgring on ps3.

*obviously the school is a great thing to attend but to play it off like its the only suitable or decent option seems a bit biased.

I'd just like to clarify that my "Dive-Bomb" was not a dive into the corner.. it was an off-line pull against him on the straight with me backing off into the corner which led me to under-steer into the curb (no where near him) due to being offline. It was only an offline error and really not worth a black-flag. I wouldn't have been black-flagged at a "well run event" for that. Although there was a lot of good info in this thread about attending schools/instruction.. some of you "bad-ass racing drivers" really need to get over yourselves.

Blades
05-02-2012, 12:41 PM
If you tried to pull a Ayrton Senna on the track ..

http://zipmeme.com/uploads/generated/g1333436225143946185.jpg

davericher20
05-02-2012, 12:57 PM

Definetly not biased.
The school makes you realize how shitty those cheap, poorly organized trackdays really are. Not a jab at you guys, but the attendees reflect the reputation too.

I attended a $250 JRP day last July at MOsport GP with a couple friends.....(couldn't pass it up at that price) boy did the price ever reflect how it was organized.

In the morning it started 2 hours late....(They were short marshalls) *no-no*
There was A and B group......you know how they distinguished between the two?
"Hey, you been here before?" Yeah........"okay you're in A group".
gives me a sticker and walks away.
*shiner*
The drivers meeting was a joke. One of the marshalls had to chime in at the end on track safety, passing....etc because this guy had no clue and ended the drivers meeting without going over any of this stuff.

At least 10 cars must have crashed/written off cars because they were idiots.
Myself included, but that was a maintenance issue, not driving like a retard.

After I smacked my car in a wall, they bring out an attendees friends jeep cherokee to pull me off the track. :rolleyes: Didn't clean up the coolant that I slipped on (it was from my car) nor even bother to f***in check the track to make sure there wasn't any left. fcplm
Before the day started we made a bet on how many cars would crash by the end of the day.....
I said 5
at the end at least 10 crashed

Maybe I'm a snob now. But Trillium and BMW Toronto
are the only ones I will ever attend. I don't care what amazing price another organizer has. There's a reason for it.

SiR
05-02-2012, 01:31 PM
There is risk with lots of things in life...even the schools.

You come across clowns all the time even out on the street(even more so). I see no problem with track days, even if "poorly run". Some of them are just alternating sessions. Go out there, do your thing and have fun. Dont try to be a hero and youll be fine. Ive done track days for yrs and both the trackdays and schools have their place. If you want to limit yourself to schools only thats perfectly acceptable but dont hate on the open track days because thats the route you chose to go. Theres nothing wrong with them.

Though I think your first problem was going to a "jrp" track day. lol Plenty of other places who organize a lapping day and everything is fine. Once you get into some of the bigger names (with less experience) organizing stuff it attracts too many clowns(cscs for example) so if you choose to go to that you have to be even more careful.

I just dont see trackdays as a bad thing. the more the better, even if "poorly run.

Ive been to many open trackdays over the yrs and never had a single problem. Ive also attended some to watch and generally it was the super hyped up ones (jrp, cscs) that had the most issues. But even then the "issues" typically involved someone only hurting their car. No one elses.

The schools and open days have their place. Both are great and Im glad these options are available.

Crashes are a risk of racing on the track regardless of where it is or who is organizing the event.

Mystikal
05-02-2012, 01:38 PM
The schools and open days have their place.

Absolutely. What schools have you attended to make such a statement?

davericher20
05-02-2012, 02:07 PM
There is risk with lots of things in life...even the schools.

You come across clowns all the time even out on the street(even more so). I see no problem with track days, even if "poorly run". Some of them are just alternating sessions. Go out there, do your thing and have fun. Dont try to be a hero and youll be fine. Ive done track days for yrs and both the trackdays and schools have their place. If you want to limit yourself to schools only thats perfectly acceptable but dont hate on the open track days because thats the route you chose to go. Theres nothing wrong with them.

Though I think your first problem was going to a "jrp" track day. lol Plenty of other places who organize a lapping day and everything is fine. Once you get into some of the bigger names (with less experience) organizing stuff it attracts too many clowns(cscs for example) so if you choose to go to that you have to be even more careful.

I just dont see trackdays as a bad thing. the more the better, even if "poorly run.

Ive been to many open trackdays over the yrs and never had a single problem. Ive also attended some to watch and generally it was the super hyped up ones (jrp, cscs) that had the most issues. But even then the "issues" typically involved someone only hurting their car. No one elses.

The schools and open days have their place. Both are great and Im glad these options are available.

Crashes are a risk of racing on the track regardless of where it is or who is organizing the event.

I don't think you read me right.
The risk is having a jackass running the event and noone understanding safety. Obviously you're taking a risk of ruining your car......That's not the point. The point is you can significantly reduce the risk by attending a well run event.
Don't forget the amount of time you lose waiting for clean-up of the fluid/debris or removal of the car.
And I agree with more track days the better. That keeps the yahoos away.

SamE30e
05-02-2012, 06:05 PM

Oh, I beg to differ. I believe my old car was there. lol

E30M42cab
05-02-2012, 11:20 PM
Poor e90 owners. Can't afford a driving school.

I heard that SiR was signing up for a driving school this year.

dble Trouble
05-03-2012, 12:15 AM
Oh, I beg to differ. I believe my old car was there. lol

You're so funny Sam!

SiR
05-03-2012, 11:11 AM
I heard about a porsche being flat bedded off the track...

so something got hurt

SamE30e
05-03-2012, 07:45 PM
You're so funny Sam!

I know!!!

I got a phone call on Monday.

richie_s999
05-03-2012, 10:23 PM
I heard about a porsche being flat bedded off the track...

so something got hurt

Where did this happen? Just cause a car is towed off a track doesn't mean it crashed.

dble Trouble
05-03-2012, 11:53 PM
Like I said earlier not one incident. Something broke on that Porsche. Wow, why is everyone always trying to point out a mistake, or the negative. Keyboard warriors.....sheesh! SIR I'm still waiting for you to come out and introduce yourself. As far as anyone can make out here on max, or Trillium for that matter, you never leave your keyboard.......so how would you know about a Porsche leaving on a flatbed?

craz azn
05-04-2012, 12:03 AM
Like I said earlier not one incident. Something broke on that Porsche. Wow, why is everyone always trying to point out a mistake, or the negative. Keyboard warriors.....sheesh! SIR I'm still waiting for you to come out and introduce yourself. As far as anyone can make out here on max, or Trillium for that matter, you never leave your keyboard.......so how would you know about a Porsche leaving on a flatbed?

Apparently he was there on the weekend. Kurt mentioned about a guy in Red E36 M3 that never spoke to anyone the entire time.

BTW, reminder to answer my PM. It won't even consume a whole 5 minutes of your invaluable time, guaranteed. :rolleyes:

BMWdouche
05-04-2012, 12:38 AM
Man... people need to relax.. Immediately regret posting this thread. I just thought people could have a chuckle at my misfortune. But apparently everyone has a stick up their ass. These awesome Trillium & BMW track days sound amazing. What better way to spend 500$ for a weekend getting talked down to by a bunch of people that "don't" get paid to race professionally.

Quickid
05-04-2012, 09:04 AM
Man... people need to relax.. Immediately regret posting this thread. I just thought people could have a chuckle at my misfortune. But apparently everyone has a stick up their ass. These awesome Trillium & BMW track days sound amazing. What better way to spend 500$ for a weekend getting talked down to by a bunch of people that "don't" get paid to race professionally.

Glad you still have your sense of humor and I'm glad you came out of this relatively unscathed.

It is a public forum so when you lay it out in the open, expect all kinds of responses. It's all good*th-up*

Blades
05-04-2012, 09:57 AM
What better way to spend 500$ for a weekend getting talked down to by a bunch of people that "don't" get paid to race professionally.

Thank you .. someone said it. I remember one instructor from mosport in a porsche that was a complete douchebag

T.Dot_E30
05-04-2012, 10:39 AM
These awesome Trillium & BMW track days sound amazing. What better way to spend 500$ for a weekend getting talked down to by a bunch of people that "don't" get paid to race professionally.

Rich and John are overly passionate about trillium as you can see. They are just trying to educate and spread the word in their own way. They don't mean to 'talk down' (atleast i hope so) although I can see how you felt this way as I felt and expressed the exact same feeling in the past.

Tune it down guys. As you can see it effects other people's 'perception' of the club. As a supporter and volunteer with trillium I am saying this in the most honest and professional way, please don't take it the wrong way.

SiR
05-04-2012, 11:23 AM

who is being negative? I just said I heard a porsche went on a flatbed, so obviously the porsche was hurt ... :confused:
It was part of my point that cars do and can get hurt at well run events. Its a fact of "racing".

and as far as anyone can make out... did you really just type that? Yes I never do anything in life but post on max with my 1xxx posts in 10 yrs. fcplm

Sometimes I really do wonder about some of you, and funny what they assume to know about others personally that they have never met. Its awesome you are trying to promote the club but I agree...no need to talk down on other options.

richie_s999
05-04-2012, 07:16 PM
Rich and John are overly passionate about trillium as you can see. They are just trying to educate and spread the word in their own way. They don't mean to 'talk down' (atleast i hope so) although I can see how you felt this way as I felt and expressed the exact same feeling in the past.

Tune it down guys. As you can see it effects other people's 'perception' of the club. As a supporter and volunteer with trillium I am saying this in the most honest and professional way, please don't take it the wrong way.

I'm down talking? Tune it down? I don't think I've been harsh or rude to any extent in this thread.

SamE30e
05-04-2012, 11:03 PM

Depends on your definition of incident. If incident means crashing a car, then yes, there was none.

I'm not bashing, I was just poking fun at my old car.

dble Trouble
05-05-2012, 12:51 AM
I have never talked down to anyone. I take great offence at that suggestion. Anyone who knows me knows I'm am the first person to help someone out. To give positive suggestions and try to help everyone out. That said, when someone asks for my advice, then doesn't take it, and something happens, how can you expect me not to get frustrated. On a similar note, I've been posting on here for years about taking it to the track, and peeps still keep street racing and crashing or getting street racing charges. I've been posting here for years suggesting to do a Advanced Driving School before doing any type of lapping days for the fear of doing silly things, and guess what reread the OP, exactly what typically happens at lapping days. Remember the whole CSCS thing last year with the scoobie doo rollover. How expensive was that day? And somone else said it earlier, you drive an e90 and can't afford $500 for a weekend? The math doesn't work there either.

And that comment about being taught by racing drivers. That was brilliant. So you're suggesting that unless someone has raced professionally that their instruction is worthless and that they don't know anything??? I'd like to know EXACTLY what you meant by that. I'd also like to invite you to ride with me in my car on June 2 or 3 at the GP track. I'd like to know what you think after one ride.....

Steve30
05-05-2012, 12:53 AM
take me for a ride LOL

mgunter
05-05-2012, 10:21 AM
I'd also like to invite you to ride with me in my car on June 2 or 3 at the GP track. I'd like to know what you think after one ride.....

Don't forget your airsickness bag! :puke:

SiR
05-05-2012, 01:23 PM
the odd crash happens period...doesnt mean you should stay away from lapping days. I started out doing lapping days over 10 yrs ago. Never had an issue personally.

Ive seen the odd crash. It happens on the track. People push it and sometimes over do it. Its part of the reason you take it to the track..to push it.

People crash at the drag strip too.

Axxe
05-06-2012, 03:42 PM
People crash at autocrosses too, even trillium ones.

BMWdouche
05-06-2012, 10:09 PM
I have never talked down to anyone. I take great offence at that suggestion. Anyone who knows me knows I'm am the first person to help someone out. To give positive suggestions and try to help everyone out. That said, when someone asks for my advice, then doesn't take it, and something happens, how can you expect me not to get frustrated. On a similar note, I've been posting on here for years about taking it to the track, and peeps still keep street racing and crashing or getting street racing charges. I've been posting here for years suggesting to do a Advanced Driving School before doing any type of lapping days for the fear of doing silly things, and guess what reread the OP, exactly what typically happens at lapping days. Remember the whole CSCS thing last year with the scoobie doo rollover. How expensive was that day? And somone else said it earlier, you drive an e90 and can't afford $500 for a weekend? The math doesn't work there either.

And that comment about being taught by racing drivers. That was brilliant. So you're suggesting that unless someone has raced professionally that their instruction is worthless and that they don't know anything??? I'd like to know EXACTLY what you meant by that. I'd also like to invite you to ride with me in my car on June 2 or 3 at the GP track. I'd like to know what you think after one ride.....

I can't passenger a car. I can't even passenger a car with my girlfriend driving it on the road. I've passengered a few laps around a track in an S2000 and a C63 and I can say I hated it. That said, not all e90 owners can afford 500$ weekends.

And about being paid to race professionally, I didn't mean you're not a fantastically good racing driver and that you wouldn't dust me around a track having the same car.. I'm a pretty humble guy and I just feel (as did others) that there was a genuinely pompous and arrogant air about these trillium/GP days and that the DDT track day was not "worth it" and beneath you - and I would only entertain such comments from professional racing drivers - not instructor/enthusiasts.

This wasn't my first track day and the combination of me pushing an over-inflated tyre led to predictable results. When I've played it cool in the past, my car and my friends cars have all been mint.

And lastly, you know what makes your argument just slightly invalid?? Here's what....

I would have still been a douchebag and slid the car around a few corners too hard and clipped a curb on my already over-inflated (50psi/hot) on the GP track and ended up the same. I know it was wrong. I don't need to be taught that at a driving school. Yes the school would make me a better driver, but the school doesn't have the ability to save a reasonably good driver from being a douche for a lap or two.

P.S - I over-inflated to 40psi cold for the street cus the V12's are squishy as hell and I neglected to check it on the track (which i know is crucial and have done in the past before... just got lazy).. - paid for it.