PDA

View Full Version : E46 LED Tails?

Jay22
04-18-2012, 11:18 AM
In the market for a pair of LED Tails for my Sedan. Has anyone gotten these? Looked online and they seem to vary between 250-350.

Also, has anyone put smoked ones on? How do they look in comparison ?

///M_AMAZIN
04-18-2012, 12:52 PM
Getting smoked mostly depends on the color of your car.... Clears look nice too...

Also am in the market for these, but for a coupe..
Seen them range from 200+

Group buy lol?

ac_2007
04-18-2012, 01:03 PM
Please don't put smoked. Not only is it less visible, it looks tacky and IMO that kind of look does not belong on a BMW. Unless you have an Alpine White paint job, I would not even think about it. I prefer the look of RCR tails, with chrome bulbs (no orange look in the signal socket), but I'm biased because its what I have.

The first time around, Khoalty messed up my order and I received smoked by mistake (they took care of it, great support). Just take a look at these smoked RCR's. IMO, they look "unpleasant" to put it nicely

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/4640/imag0339b.jpg

Be prepared to do some soldering down the road if you decide to go with DEPO LED tails, they tend to have bulbs/rows go out because of the way they're wired. Its not a big deal, but just be forewarned.

Jay22
04-18-2012, 08:36 PM
Im down for group buys anytime - lol!

^

Thanks for the pix. Yeah my ride is silver so I dont think smoked is going to look that good. LED clears are probably whats on the list. Now the question is where?

Dont wanna pay customs otherwise ebay would be a good option - anyone bought these from pacific mall? Heard the asian brothers carry this stuff down there for decent prices.

ac_2007
04-18-2012, 10:49 PM
LED clears would look good. You can buy them from ebay, as long as the shipping is method is USPS (Not UPS, FedEx, or something else) you won't pay a fee.

I got my RCR tails, corners, and sidemarkers from Khoalty.com.. customs was about $30.
Alternatively, post a want ad on the forums here. I'm sure you will get a few people wanting to sell.

///M_AMAZIN
04-19-2012, 01:40 PM
^My add has been up for about a week or so.... Not much interest there

How much is it at Pacific Mall you guys were talking about, maybe they'll give a reasonable price for group...
I also have a silver btw

Jay22
04-19-2012, 04:09 PM
Pacific Mall guy quoted me 290 flat for a new pair of LED tails - but he was willing to talk turkey if we get a group buy going.

Vinoth
04-19-2012, 08:37 PM
If he can do 220 ballpark I'm in

alexxohh_
04-19-2012, 08:41 PM
count me in too.
i need a set for my coupe. ;)

Jay22
04-23-2012, 10:19 AM
Yeah Im going down there on Wednesday to talk to him and see if I can work out a good deal for a group buy - plus want to take a look at what hes selling just to make sure.

///M_AMAZIN
04-23-2012, 01:44 PM
ALright, keep me updated on here

tayjet5
04-25-2012, 07:54 PM
count me in for that group deal, id like a nice pair of clear led's for my silver coupe. maybe youll get a better group deal with 3

Vinoth
04-25-2012, 10:37 PM
@Jay22, were you able to go to pacific mall today and check if the guy is willing to do a group buy?

Jay22
04-26-2012, 07:47 AM
Yeah i went across - the lights are good...LEDs - he isent going below 270 for any of them though - spent half an hour with him trying to get him to budge.

Plus, he says he only has 2 in stock and it'll take him 3-4 days to get the orders in.

Theres another shop in the mall there, went to him - he seemed more willing to be reasonable on a group buy but he didnt have any in stock - he took down my info and hes going to call me today or tomorrow...lets see.

Anyone know any other place in the GTA to check before making a call ?

Blades
04-26-2012, 10:23 AM
I ended up getting the ones from bimmian .. good quality type.

link (http://www.************/LED-Rear-Lens-Kit-for-BMW-E46-3-Series)

Vander
04-26-2012, 10:56 AM
Got mine from Khoalty about a year ago for $230 including shipping and duties.

///M_AMAZIN
04-26-2012, 02:25 PM
I also checked up a place in sauga and they quoted about the same 290ish, he said he doesnt order DEPO but a different brand I think it was TYC...
He did give his contact info and was pleased with a group buy, I dont know how much lower he goes

These online sites seem more reasonable though, just gotta find the right one with the right fit.

HaMmErHeAd
04-26-2012, 03:21 PM
Just for reference I paid just under $220 for a set off eBay. The price includes shipping, duties and taxes from UPS. Just do a search on eBay and than sort by ‘price + shipping’. You will really only find two brands Depo and Eagle Eyes.

I am all for group buys, but I don’t think you will find it cheaper locally with a group guy than online purchased individually, coupled with the hassle of collecting money and than trying to meet up to exchange product/money. I think online individually is the way to go. Just my opinion, hope it helps.

Also a note about shipping, once a package is too heavy or too big in this case a set of tail lights, USPS is out of the question as their rates are multiplied so even UPS with their 'fees' are cheaper than USPS with their 'fees'. This again is for shipping large packages only. For smaller packages of course go with USPS instead of UPS.

Vinoth
04-26-2012, 11:59 PM
Yeah to be honest Im leaning toward ordering from Khoalty. Ive ordered a few items from that site and their price is one of the lowest around for the LED tail lights. It doesnt look like any shops locally can match that price

///M_AMAZIN
04-27-2012, 04:05 PM
Lets note down some different sites that offer them, like Khoalty and Ebay so its helpful for all of us to purchase em

ac_2007
04-27-2012, 09:17 PM
If you can get the same DEPO LED tails from ebay with USPS shipping, you won't pay customs.

That said, Khoalty has had excellent support for me in the past, and if you ever encounter a problem with the tails you can expect they will help you out.

Kamil
05-04-2012, 08:43 AM
Try checking out Extreme Parts in Toronto or give them a call first. They have a website. And i also know toofastmotors britannia and dixie carries them.