PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Shark Injector Software for E36

Nolimit77
04-18-2012, 11:15 AM
Hi guys, it seems these are on back order at many of the well known aftermarket shops and back ordered for atleast 4-5 weeks. Anyone know of any retailers with stock of this particular software?

The car it is needed for is a 96' 328i and I am looking for software to support an M50 manifold swap. I will be competing in OTA(time-attack) this season and this is factored into my classing so 4-5 weeks puts me very close to the first event! If no one knows where else I can try, is there atleast another option for software?

I am new to the BMW scene so please be nice! *wave*

Corey

T.Dot_E30
04-18-2012, 12:31 PM
Hey Corey,
Welcome to Max.

Few questions before you go down that road. Is the M50 manifold the only mod you currently have? Do you plan to do any other mods in the near future, reason I ask is that putting in some S52 (M3 motor) cams in your motor is a popular mod with good gains. I would do that before I do a tune, that way you can get a tune for both mods.

With an M50 Manifold, S52 Cams, & Intake and software, that should put you over 200 whp. Probably around 210-220 whp.

For tuning you have a few options locally.
- Bimmersport can load AA Tunes
- MarkD is a local tuner with software for your car
- RMP might have something for you.

richie_s999
04-18-2012, 12:55 PM
Pm'd

T.Dot_E30
04-18-2012, 01:09 PM
Pm'd

Don't feel like sharing with everyone else? :D

richie_s999
04-18-2012, 01:20 PM
Don't feel like sharing with everyone else? :D

Pm'd lol

Nolimit77
04-18-2012, 10:42 PM
Two Pm's recommending MarkD so its a no brainer. I will be contacting him shortly.

Nolimit77
04-18-2012, 10:51 PM
Hey Corey,
Welcome to Max.

Few questions before you go down that road. Is the M50 manifold the only mod you currently have? Do you plan to do any other mods in the near future, reason I ask is that putting in some S52 (M3 motor) cams in your motor is a popular mod with good gains. I would do that before I do a tune, that way you can get a tune for both mods.

With an M50 Manifold, S52 Cams, & Intake and software, that should put you over 200 whp. Probably around 210-220 whp.

For tuning you have a few options locally.
- Bimmersport can load AA Tunes
- MarkD is a local tuner with software for your car
- RMP might have something for you.

Thank you for the tips! Unfortunately, my car is already classed for the season(GT2 in OTA), which means I cannot add anything else to it without bumping up one class(GT1) and I already have to contend with some pretty stout cars!

Currently the car has a Catback exhaust(UUC corsa I believe) and intake. The manifold is waiting to go on but I was waiting to get a proper tune to take FULL advantage of the new piece and most importantly get some of the lost torque back. If I were to consider S52 cams, are there any other valve train related parts that need to go in along with this upgrade?

Thank you for the warm welcome guys AND the recommendations are greatly appreciated! :)

gotcurry
04-19-2012, 12:49 AM
Get a LSD!! 3.23 from a manual m3 or 3.38 from an auto m3. Also what kit r u using for the manifold swap??

Nolimit77
04-19-2012, 08:36 AM
Get a LSD!! 3.23 from a manual m3 or 3.38 from an auto m3. Also what kit r u using for the manifold swap??

The car has one already :) I only listed the engine mods as the topic is about software.

jwarner100, what are you basing those numbers off of? The way the car sits now or after adding the manifold/software.

As for the S52 cams, anyone have any decent tech articles or forum links on this upgrade? I have had to sift through allot of crap on google to find any info on the topic..

T.Dot_E30
04-19-2012, 08:49 AM
If I were to consider S52 cams, are there any other valve train related parts that need to go in along with this upgrade?

Nope it's pretty much a bolt on mod. Many criticize the S52 for being a just a stroked M52 with hotter cams.

Nolimit77
04-19-2012, 11:00 AM
Nope it's pretty much a bolt on mod. Many criticize the S52 for being a just a stroked M52 with hotter cams.

So no springs/lifters have to be changed? If not, the upgrade is certainly worth it. What figures are we looking at(power wise) with S52 cams/intake/M50 manifold/catback/tune? Maybe I can get a little closer to the GT2 class records times which are 1:37.9 at Mosport :huh?:

Thx again for the helps guys!

T.Dot_E30
04-19-2012, 11:21 AM
That is correct, stock lifters/springs are fine. (Assuming they are in good condition) I believe they are the same on 328s and M3s anyways.

Kurt (Doogee) on here dyno'd his m52 with those mods. I'll search for it. I think he dyno'd at ~220whp.

Dinanstu
04-20-2012, 12:27 PM
I heard the valve springs are heavier in the M50, so a little harder on the cams.
Just curious, is there any modification to the cam trays for the S52 cams?