PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice!! Project car or parts car??

BMW_420/247
04-12-2012, 08:56 AM
Hey i need some advice!!! I have a 1988 325i (e30) convertible. I was originally going to use the car for parts because the interior,hardtop rims and a few body panels are mint and i got it for really really cheap. There is only rust on the front fenders, both rockers and a whole under the driver seat. I dont know if its worth fixing or what? I do body work and mechanics so i would do the work my self i just dont know if it is worth the effort? there is no rust on the frame,trunk floor, strut towers or any were else. If i keep it or get another e30 its going to get gutted either way because i am replacing everything anyways and getting a full paint job so. Please let me know what i should do!!

cormier
04-12-2012, 09:01 AM
You do bodywork already? What's your opinion on it? Any pictures of the rusted spots? If you're capable of fixing it all then why not -- but if it's gonna be lengthy and a patch-work job then I would say don't bother just get a nice one that you don't have to strip down :)

BMW_420/247
04-13-2012, 11:17 AM
No pics right now....i know i can fix the rockers and front panels no problem it wont be a quick job im going to do it all proper but i dont know about that floor/ its a whole about 4 inches in diameter....i have a m20 engine i was gonna put in the car i just hope that the new piece of flooring doesnt affect the structure of the whole car when i do the swap.

frankie591
04-13-2012, 04:00 PM
fixing a hole in the floor would be about a million times easier than fixing a rusted rocker panel.