PDA

View Full Version : Please help!!!

beeemer
04-05-2012, 02:17 AM
so i have a 2002 bmw 330xi, and it has been sitting in my garage for over 2 years without starting it (wont start cause of battery) and it has also been sitting on a couple flat tires the whole time. it has 170k and the last time it was running, the problems it had were:
-coolant leak (dont know the cause of it)
-steering wheel would shake like crazy at such random times but very often

now i would like to have it back on the road and running properly but i dont know how much im gonna have to spend. Other things i definitely know it needs is obviously a new battery, tires, and probably a whole bunch of other things due to its inactivity for so long. its probably obvious, but i dont know much about cars, so i hope im not asking any stupid questions. anyways, i know u guys can only give a guess or estimate, but how much do u think im gonna have to shell out to get dis bad boy back on the road? and which shop in the gta would u recommend doing a job like this for? thnx in advance

JINT
04-05-2012, 10:29 AM
Coolant leak is your coolant reservoir being cracked most likely. The steering wheel shake is bad tie-rods, control arm bushings or your wheels are very unbalanced.

You're in for around 800$ if you take it to a shop. Maybe more maybe less, depends on the exact diagnosis. Take it to RMP Motors. It's most reputable in my opinion.

bmwm5lover
04-05-2012, 10:29 AM
Coolant leak could be many things. Rad, hose, heater core, water pump, etc...

The shimmy is most likely front end bushings (control arm/tie rod/etc).

Where are you located?

Pierce330
04-05-2012, 10:33 AM
If the wheel shakes while braking, then your rotors are likely warped...

damameke
04-05-2012, 11:35 AM
I would say it will cost you abit(1 to 2 G) to get this car road worthy again.

Besides the coolant leak and vibration, 4 new tires and battery, you probably need to change all fluids and have the brake and suspension inspected..

If its my car, I will get it tow to one of these shops(RMP/StanceFactory/Bimmersport)
and get it inspected and serviced correctly...my choice SF

cormier
04-05-2012, 11:37 AM
Could also be wheel balance. You need to take it to a shop. Drive it a bit see what else has popped up

5style
04-05-2012, 09:26 PM
yeah if you need help lemme know. I have a charger, tho most likely that battery is dead