PDA

View Full Version : Any advice???

beeemer
04-05-2012, 03:14 AM
so i have a 2002 bmw 330xi, and it has been sitting in my garage for over 2 years without starting it (wont start cause of battery) and it has also been sitting on a couple flat tires the whole time. it has 170k and the last time it was running, the problems it had were:
-coolant leak (dont know the cause of it)
-steering wheel would shake like crazy at such random times but very often

now i would like to have it back on the road and running properly but i dont know how much im gonna have to spend. Other things i definitely know it needs is obviously a new battery, tires, and probably a whole bunch of other things due to its inactivity for so long. its probably obvious, but i dont know much about cars, so i hope im not asking any stupid questions. anyways, i know u guys can only give a guess or estimate, but how much do u think im gonna have to shell out to get dis bad boy back on the road? and which shop in the gta would u recommend doing a job like this for? thnx in advance

Eurostyle
04-05-2012, 03:20 AM
For all this get ready for $2-3K at any reputable shop...Towing, tires, cooling system, battery, brakes, fuel filter, random gaskets, tune up, all ads up...

blakneto
04-06-2012, 09:10 PM
If your wheels are shaking... your suspension will need work... control arm bushings, control arms, tie rods, struts, springs... if its been sitting on FLAT TIRES, that can't be good for the car either... Tow it to a good mechanic you know, and have $2000 grand on hand to at least START the work. Figure out if its worth it too... Coolant leak could be anything... oxidized hoses, bad radiator who knows?? but you definitely need a full assessment.