PDA

View Full Version : OEM vs. Aftermarket

jrat59
03-28-2012, 03:12 PM
So here's the deal, I have an '05 330ci ZHP and need to do some front end work.

I need to replace lower control arm bushings, and sway bar linkage.

I priced out the parts through BMW and an aftermarket company, price on the linkage is $63 per side (need two), and $260 for a set of bushings according to BMW.

When I priced out the parts from an aftermarket company, it was $95 for the set of bushings and $37 per side for the linkage.

Big diff in prices, really need a heads up on whether or not its a big issue going with the aftermarket stuff... Also as is with the dead bushings, my lights dance when I hit a bump, which I know is from the autoleveling headlights. If I go aftermarket, is it going to effect the autoleveling system?

Any advice on all of this would be much appreciated guys!

ScotcH
03-28-2012, 04:13 PM
Hey dude, email me ... I'll get you setup. Most aftermarket parts are actually the same as OE, just not sold with the BMW logo on them. Some of course are cheap knockoffs, but I can advise you and get you what you need. I'm in Ottawa as well.

blakneto
03-28-2012, 10:38 PM
What kind of bushings/control arms? $95 for bushings would scare me unless they are a good brand.

Get the linkage from BMW if you wanna be cheap, and get a better brand bushing and pay more. (bushings keep you ride SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTH)

bimmer325
03-29-2012, 12:22 AM
call Lee's autoworks at 905-240-8820. they deal with world pac. they can get OEM approve parts for less then half of the price.

pawelgawel
04-12-2012, 11:09 PM
With oem bushings stay with lamforder, mayle HD, or powerflex polys. You should be fine with these brands as they are the most used by e46 drivers. as f
or links.. I got febi and its been 50k without issues. Again febi and lemforder are good brands.
Dont be afraid to use OEM parts as long as they meet the OE standard.