PDA

View Full Version : E46 M3 lowering springs?

nec
03-18-2012, 06:31 PM
I currently have H&R lowering springs on but i want the front end to be a little lower. What's brand of spring makes the car lower than H&R and can I only buy the front ones without purchasing whole kit?? I like how the back sits.

khurram
03-20-2012, 02:14 AM
Get coilovers...

Your shocks will probably be done by now sitting on lowering springs, better to get the new ride comfort with better handling. Entry level coil overs cost around 1k, i got st coilovers and Im pretty happy going from my 75k stocks to them.

damameke
03-20-2012, 10:23 AM
I currently have H&R lowering springs on but i want the front end to be a little lower. What's brand of spring makes the car lower than H&R and can I only buy the front ones without purchasing whole kit?? I like how the back sits.

Write to Jay(Stancefactory - a sponsor in here), Jay and Mike can offer you suggestions(they carry the BC coilover) - even cutting a very small amount from your front HR spring

SiR
03-20-2012, 10:47 AM
yay ruin your m3 by getting rid of all bump travel

jaym3smg
03-21-2012, 01:08 PM
Get coilovers...

Your shocks will probably be done by now sitting on lowering springs, better to get the new ride comfort with better handling. Entry level coil overs cost around 1k, i got st coilovers and Im pretty happy going from my 75k stocks to them.

^^^ This.

Write to Jay(Stancefactory - a sponsor in here), Jay and Mike can offer you suggestions(they carry the BC coilover) - even cutting a very small amount from your front HR spring

^^^ Not this. Are you serious?

I don't know if any reputable shop would be willing to cut springs so you have better "stance".

Your shocks are probably toast by now anyway, so might as well get a proper coilover kit and enjoy better handling with the knowledge your spring won't break in half next time you hit a pothole. Realize that the M3 rear end does LOOK lower than the front when both front and back are level, it's the way the body is built. If you want the front to look as low as the rear, your car will be tipped forward slightly.

Anyone who cuts springs on ANY car, let alone an M3, should be hit repeatedly with something hard and blunt.

-J