PDA

View Full Version : Good body work and paintjob place in Canada??

e30bmart
03-17-2012, 04:16 PM
If people are on r3v on here they'll know what im talking about when I say "paintjob no bs 800 FLAT". Jessie there basically gives a paintjob away for that price. He does the prep work sanding removing bumpers etc and can do body work for a little more. He states that for 500$ hell repair rust and scratches dings ect. He does a very very good job, too!

And so i wonder, are there any honest places like this in Canada? Places that do a good job for a great price?? I wouldnt mind making a little roadtrip out of it but i would prefer it in montreal or close... if you guys know anyone for minor rust (couple holes and a little inflating) and a fouple surface spots...that could fix that and do a good exterior paintjob for a great price i would love to know about him/her/ them!!

Thanks! Itll help alot of people on here im sure!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

e30bmart
03-18-2012, 05:35 PM
Bump dat

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

davericher20
03-19-2012, 01:24 PM
bump, I need this as well. I wanted to go to european autobody but they charge $4k MINIMUM

propr'one
03-19-2012, 05:09 PM
there is no such thing as a good cheap paintjob. Good paintjobs are expensive. Cheap paintjobs are shitty.

Bullet Ride
03-19-2012, 05:29 PM
there is no such thing as a good cheap paintjob. Good paintjobs are expensive. Cheap paintjobs are shitty.

A buck seems to go a lot further in some states. There's a guy out in California who specializes in E30s who will disassemble, clean, deck, grind valves and seats, and reassemble the head with new components for less than half of some of the quotes I've gotten from shops around here.

If you want a good cheap body job go to Mexico. Lots of people drop their cars off and go on vacation. A week later they have a sweet paint job and freshly reupholstered interior for a fraction of what it costs a few miles north.

propr'one
03-19-2012, 07:09 PM
^^the CBSA can charge you tax on the entire value of your car (not just the paintjob) if they find out.

Engine work and body work are apples and oranges.