PDA

View Full Version : Major Seat & Interior Projects

e30tOny
03-17-2012, 10:11 AM
Have started a bunch of E30 seat & interior projects:cool:

this is some super strong / durable / -40* ski-doo vinyl*mw*

Ceeker
03-17-2012, 11:16 AM
You don't need to go that strong for vinyl seat restoration. It took 20+ years for the vinyl to finally crack due to age. You'll most likely be dead btt that next generation of vinyl cracks. LOL the other thing to point out is the more tougher the material the more likely it won't conform to the shape of the bolsters as noted in the lower left portion marked by wrinkles. The question is; are you satisfied with the results? If you have a finesse with stretching and mounting that vinyl upholstery then I think it will be ok.

DIY
03-17-2012, 11:19 AM
Awesome if yu got some more in depth pictures that would be awesome! Ied love to do this to my seats! Did you manage to find foam for the seats? (If it was bad) how was copying the patterns?
Also if you haven't done the other seat, want to give us some pics on taking it apart? :)

There's a couple good tutorials on you tube for stiching apolstry :)

Let me know how it goes

Ceeker
03-17-2012, 11:29 AM
Awesome if yu got some more in depth pictures that would be awesome! Ied love to do this to my seats! Did you manage to find foam for the seats? (If it was bad) how was copying the patterns?
Also if you haven't done the other seat, want to give us some pics on taking it apart? :)

Let me know how it goes

You have NO IDEA what you are getting into...believe me when I say it.. patterns and stitching the material requires a proper sewing machine that can also stitch the piping on to it to look factory. To do it without piping using the french stitch again requires a special machine to create this. You're better off just getting a kit for 500-1000 that is pre-made off e-bay. Some are all vinyl or part vinyl leather. :-)

It is more work, time wise, and time=$. Better off getting a kit.

DIY
03-17-2012, 11:39 AM
I was thinkin it would be a bit of a struggle but I'm up for it, I figure it would be a sweet winter proj as its indoors and warm lol

Ceeker
03-17-2012, 12:10 PM
I was thinkin it would be a bit of a struggle but I'm up for it, I figure it would be a sweet winter proj as its indoors and warm lol

Well that is exactly what one of mine turned out to be - winter project. Took me two weeks to strip and replace the leather. it's a job and a half. The back seat is a whole different beast to do..:D

e30tOny
03-17-2012, 12:11 PM
You don't need to go that strong for vinyl seat restoration. It took 20+ years for the vinyl to finally crack due to age. You'll most likely be dead btt that next generation of vinyl cracks. LOL the other thing to point out is the more tougher the material the more likely it won't conform to the shape of the bolsters as noted in the lower left portion marked by wrinkles. The question is; are you satisfied with the results? If you have a finesse with stretching and mounting that vinyl upholstery then I think it will be ok.

covers are held into place just for demonstration! of course they will be properly stretch fitted & heat treated:rolleyes:

I am also doing a Leather "pearl" with Mtech cloth centers all M3 seats with red & blue baseball stiching.....customer also wants door cards [mtech centers] and door pulls and map pockets done in leather with blue and red stitching

e30tOny
03-17-2012, 12:14 PM

Let me know how it goes

Have a couple dozen interiors......lots of spare stuff*th-up*

Ceeker
03-17-2012, 12:22 PM
pm sent - nice work !!!*th-up*

everlast
03-17-2012, 12:36 PM
Looks awesome man.. if you're in business to do this, I guess you're likely reluctant to show how its done, but some of us (like me!) only do DIY projects, so.. if you *could* post up info / how to's it would be awesome! I've always wanted to leather / alcantara cover my dash.

MaxBell
03-17-2012, 07:14 PM
Yes, do a DIY!!

egye30
03-18-2012, 11:24 AM
the door pulls and map pockets look great!

Blackedout95
03-18-2012, 02:11 PM
Looks realy good, can't wait to see the final results!

e30tOny
03-19-2012, 07:12 AM
*smoke*the sad truth of neglected leather:rolleyes:.....makes me want to cryfcplm.....another reason why my son prefers "no maintence-non cracking" ski-doo vinyl*th-up*

Ceeker
03-19-2012, 09:38 AM
pm sent

e30tOny
03-19-2012, 09:56 AM
pm sent

LOL....you should consider dropping by & seeing all of my tresures, I am way more flexiblble in pricing [specially after a couple beers*mw*]

craz azn
03-22-2012, 11:10 PM
Awesome work... I hear you will be working your magic on a certain E30 soon enough :)

razzor
03-26-2012, 09:27 PM
Only issue with puffy seat bulsters is the fat asses, mine included, don't fit.
If ever I replace my worn but comfy sports, I would want a custom mould.
Any one ever see that?

e30tOny
03-27-2012, 07:38 AM
Awesome work... I hear you will be working your magic on a certain E30 soon enough :)
;)

Only issue with puffy seat bulsters is the fat asses, mine included, don't fit.
If ever I replace my worn but comfy sports, I would want a custom mould.
Any one ever see that?

*smoke*
:idea:

your seats are comfy now cause you probably broke the lower welds on the seat frame,
this is a custom mod done by most fat-as***
*the german original real recaros! provide extra big butt comfort!!
...but if, cost or availability is an issue.....comfort seats also provide a suitable resting place for endowed men like you.

e30tOny
03-27-2012, 01:34 PM
;)

*smoke*
:idea:

your seats are comfy now cause you probably broke the lower welds on the seat frame,
this is a custom mod done by most fat-as***
*the german original real recaros! provide extra big butt comfort!!
...but if, cost or availability is an issue.....comfort seats also provide a suitable resting place for endowed men like you.

Pics