PDA

View Full Version : 2013 F32 BMW 4-Series Coupe Rendering

Bullet Ride
03-12-2012, 08:09 AM
http://www.autoevolution.com/images/news/2013-f32-bmw-4-series-coupe-rendering-43312-7.jpg

Based on the shape of the F30 3-Series sedan, and on the most recent sightings, we bring you our first rendering of what will soon be known as the BMW 4-Series Coupe, built under the F32 codename.

Production on this new Coupe will likely start in the first half of 2013, while the full reveal will likely take place in late 2012. The engine range should be borrowed from the F30, with a strong focus being put on the new 2.0-liter in the 428i.

But what do we think of the new 4-Series Coupe from an esthetically point of view. Is it a looker? The short answer is yes, very much so. The cutout at the side of the kidney grilles is even bigger where the headlights meat it, which makes the coupe look sporty.

Down the side, we have strong character lines that remind of the bigger 6-Series. Coincidently, the F32 coupe is about the size of the first Generation 6er, and with the extra length, BMW has decided to create a bigger boot by the looks of things.

source: http://www.autoevolution.com/news/2013-f32-bmw-4-series-coupe-rendering-43312.html

ezbst
03-13-2012, 10:09 AM
awkward render at the rear, though the front looks pretty close to what it should look like.

328IScreamer
03-13-2012, 11:40 AM
^^agreed

BimmerboyPH
03-13-2012, 02:59 PM
I dont like the fact that they are going to call it a 4 series! That means the M3 is dead, the best sports sedan in the world, is dead!!!! WTF BMW?? honestly who is doing there marketing and coming up with these stupid ideas.

Bullet Ride
03-13-2012, 03:21 PM
I dont like the fact that they are going to call it a 4 series! That means the M3 is dead, the best sports sedan in the world, is dead!!!! WTF BMW?? honestly who is doing there marketing and coming up with these stupid ideas.

I actually had a rant about that at the bottom of my OP but it got edited out before this thread was 'approved' by the mods.

I was speculating on what niche this car is supposed to fill. Is this car supposed to be for people who think the 3 series coupe is too small but don't like the number 6? Because this is only slightly smaller than the current 6 series. I went on to point out that there is most likely going to be a 4 series GT as well as an X4 now. And finally I said that all BMW has to do now is make a slightly larger 1 series coupe and call it the 2 series, usher in the X2, and bring back the 8 series with a sedan version, but make a slightly larger coupe version and call it the 9 series.

Can I haz job at BMW now? *drink**drink*

brunp
03-13-2012, 03:57 PM

They will still have an M3 Sports Sedan, and then the M4 Sports Coupe. The engine choice for the M3 Sports Sedan will a tri-turbo inline six. They are not killing off the M3.

Paul

BimmerboyPH
03-13-2012, 04:04 PM
I actually had a rant about that at the bottom of my OP but it got edited out before this thread was 'approved' by the mods.

I was speculating on what niche this car is supposed to fill. Is this car supposed to be for people who think the 3 series coupe is too small but don't like the number 6? Because this is only slightly smaller than the current 6 series. I went on to point out that there is most likely going to be a 4 series GT as well as an X4 now. And finally I said that all BMW has to do now is make a slightly larger 1 series coupe and call it the 2 series, usher in the X2, and bring back the 8 series with a sedan version, but make a slightly larger coupe version and call it the 9 series.

Can I haz job at BMW now? *drink**drink*

Like I get that they are going for smaller boosted engines to improve efficency, but someone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here, but BMW made its name with legendary n/a straight six engines, mated to manual transmissions and rwd. They where drivers cars!! Nowadays they seem to only be interested in profits and not they're heritage.

As a result I have noticed a huge dive in there quality! I can see BMW ending up where Mercedes did a few years back. They had a terrible reputation but they have since made a come back and look at them now!!! BMW's heading for the same thing. They are turning there back on there heritage, there trademarks!! No more n/a straight 6's, no more m3??? WTF!!! Instead they are coming out with stupid cars like the 5 series gt. Only time will tell, but ones things for sure, I doubt I'll be buying a new BMW anytime soon if ever again. I hope I'm wrong. And I'm sure many of you will disagree and tear me to pieces now, so go ahead. :)

brunp
03-13-2012, 04:19 PM
Like I get that they are going for smaller boosted engines to improve efficency, but someone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here, but BMW made its name with legendary n/a straight six engines, mated to manual transmissions and rwd. They where drivers cars!! Nowadays they seem to only be interested in profits and not they're heritage.

As a result I have noticed a huge dive in there quality! I can see BMW ending up where Mercedes did a few years back. They had a terrible reputation but they have since made a come back and look at them now!!! BMW's heading for the same thing. They are turning there back on there heritage, there trademarks!! No more n/a straight 6's, no more m3??? WTF!!! Instead they are coming out with stupid cars like the 5 series gt. Only time will tell, but ones things for sure, I doubt I'll be buying a new BMW anytime soon if ever again. I hope I'm wrong. And I'm sure many of you will disagree and tear me to pieces now, so go ahead. :)

I can understand your point with N/A straight 6's, but to stay with ahead of the competition and maintain their lead, they can not go with n/a straight 6's like they used too. To keep ahead of their competition they need to introduce some kind of forced induction into the power-plant.

I don't see BMW having lost any edge in quality. They did not have any specific partnership like Mercedes did with Chrysler that resulted in lower quality Benz'.

I find that BMW is still maintaining their heritage. I still consider them to be the best damn car in its class. I test-drove a 328i last week and I was blown away by the ride, quality, performance and everything. However, I am waiting for the 4-series coupe to come out. :-)

Paul

The-Traveler
03-16-2012, 09:55 PM
Let's recap this 4 series is what the 3-series coupe was, only larger and more boaty? Did I read that right?

vincenthclam
03-17-2012, 11:45 PM
I wish they were still making the E30.

nonlocal
03-19-2012, 10:52 PM
2002 had a four banger. World-beater e30 M3 had a four banger. Formula one champion had... a turbocharged fourbanger. Don't get me wrong, a straight six is possibly my favourite engine configuration to drive, BMW made the best, and I recently invested in one myself... I just don't understand why the inline 6 is a necessary component of a sporting BMW in so many people's minds.

There are a lot of things going wrong with the M-car direction but as long as the engine is free and high revving and mated to a good manual transmission (AHEM!) I don't know that the configuration straying from NA I6 is a dealbreaker.

Shrug.

Discostar
03-26-2012, 12:05 AM
2002 had a four banger. World-beater e30 M3 had a four banger. Formula one champion had... a turbocharged fourbanger. Don't get me wrong, a straight six is possibly my favourite engine configuration to drive, BMW made the best, and I recently invested in one myself... I just don't understand why the inline 6 is a necessary component of a sporting BMW in so many people's minds.

There are a lot of things going wrong with the M-car direction but as long as the engine is free and high revving and mated to a good manual transmission (AHEM!) I don't know that the configuration straying from NA I6 is a dealbreaker.

I would have to agree, the inline 6 had become a signature of BMW, but certainly not a deal breaker IMO.

However, you neglected to mentioned the fact that none of those cars weighed 4000lbs. So with that combo, it is a deal breaker, for me anyway.

nonlocal
03-26-2012, 12:21 AM
Perhaps I can interest you in the automatic tranny fatass truck-coupe X6M?

Like I said, lots going wrong with M-division's direction these days, heh.

328IScreamer
03-26-2012, 04:35 PM

Where did you hear there is no more M3?? Is this true??

brunp
03-26-2012, 04:41 PM
Where did you hear there is no more M3?? Is this true??

There will be an M3 sedan and then the 4-series will have an M4.

Paul

biginstreets
03-27-2012, 12:11 PM
it looks like a new 3series. Im not seeing the difference in this new render.

BMW_M_POWER
03-28-2012, 12:23 PM
Nice Honda Accord

Obic
03-28-2012, 09:25 PM
BMW You Fail

A other car for Cheese wannabe CEO that can't drive

The honda accord coupe v6 is probably more powerful than that