PDA

View Full Version : Name My New Project! Thread Haz Poll!

defaultName
03-04-2012, 07:29 PM
I just picked up a new project and I can't decide on a name for my project thread.

I have a few names in mind so I figured I would leave it up to maX to decide. Really it's just an excuse to have a poll...

The car is a 1991 318is. Alpinweiss on black interior.

What sold me on this car is the Pfeba bodykit. I'm not a huge fan of body kits at all. I do think that this one does look better then most but I mainly like it because of how rare it is. Plus with the white weaves and plate filler it just looks so 80's! I promise I won't put white grilles on it!

On to the crappy cell phone pictures...

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-vJ19b7ORogA/T1PZp_q1oHI/AAAAAAAAAZQ/GA91QQc50qs/s640/IMG045.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/--dyZj5ucL9M/T1PdZe3fC5I/AAAAAAAAAZg/jS1BFkNOLZc/s640/IMG046.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-QtxY5VgIEJo/T1PZ3gSeGfI/AAAAAAAAAZE/hFFznL1R5-A/s640/IMG048.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-tWUDjLbMUxs/T1PZ1XYXlgI/AAAAAAAAAY8/nSznRRbLN90/s640/IMG049.jpg

e30_moment
03-04-2012, 08:20 PM
haha I was gonna call this seller but his ad was taken off the day after it was posted. beat me to it! nice buy, good luck with the project!

mr ilia
03-04-2012, 08:23 PM
I'm not a big fan of naming cars, so I did not make any selection, sorry.....If you decide to part out the body kit, I will take front valance.

defaultName
03-04-2012, 09:42 PM
haha I was gonna call this seller but his ad was taken off the day after it was posted. beat me to it! nice buy, good luck with the project!

Yeah I bought it the day it was posted. A bit of an impulse buy I guess!

I'm not a big fan of naming cars, so I did not make any selection, sorry.....

Neither am I. That's why I'm asking for a name for my project thread.

If you decide to part out the body kit, I will take front valance.

No.

e30sequel
03-04-2012, 10:06 PM
Nice n white - wouldnt mind seeing the end result - good luck with that

yuiou
03-04-2012, 10:21 PM
Was the seller an asian dude from downtown? I think I saw this car a few years back, his dad was the original owner.

defaultName
03-04-2012, 10:32 PM
Nice n white - wouldnt mind seeing the end result - good luck with that

Nice Und Weiss perhaps...

I think I'll need a bit of luck with this one but I'm motivated to see it finished.

Was the seller an asian dude from downtown? I think I saw this car a few years back, his dad was the original owner.

The seller was a white go who lived in Toronto.

He did say that his friend was the original owner but maybe he meant his friends Dad. I didn't get the UVIP yet.

cormier
03-04-2012, 10:45 PM
whats your project plans? If you can get past the KKK undertones, I like WEISS POWER

El Gato Liso
03-05-2012, 12:12 AM
call it project blank canvas....cuz its blank have you have to get your artistic ways and mod the **** out of this bitch

MaxBell
03-05-2012, 12:44 AM
All those are stupid...you can fall in line with the great lineage of...

Clint Eastwood. White on the outside, black and leathery on the inside.

E30M42cab
03-05-2012, 07:42 PM
Now show the rims you just bought for it!!

bmwm5lover
03-05-2012, 08:28 PM
Looks like a great project! Looks incredibly clean, not many of those on this board. I think some smilies, drop, and some nice and wide 15's/16's and you are laughing. Then, later on, an engine swap to liven it up.

Blackedout95
03-05-2012, 10:32 PM
Call it...

The Reverse Oreo

MisTAmaN
03-05-2012, 11:34 PM
barely legal 318. white on black edition....Winner

defaultName
03-06-2012, 08:18 AM
whats your project plans? If you can get past the KKK undertones, I like WEISS POWER

Nothing too major. It needs suspension and brakes plus a few other things. Mostly I want to fix up the body.

call it project blank canvas....cuz its blank have you have to get your artistic ways and mod the **** out of this bitch

It probably won't be modded THAT much!

All those are stupid...you can fall in line with the great lineage of...

Clint Eastwood. White on the outside, black and leathery on the inside.

The black interior will likely be swapped for my plaid interior so that won't work.

Who's white on the outside and plaid on the inside???

Now show the rims you just bought for it!!

Soon enough! *par-t*

Looks like a great project! Looks incredibly clean, not many of those on this board. I think some smilies, drop, and some nice and wide 15's/16's and you are laughing. Then, later on, an engine swap to liven it up.

It's definitely not as clean as it looks in pictures but it's not a disaster either.

I already have H&R race/Bilstein sport suspension that will go on this week hopefully.

And as Mr. Spoiler Alert above mentioned I just picked up a set of wheels.

Call it...

The Reverse Oreo

Like.

barely legal 318. white on black edition....Winner

Win.

Bullet Ride
03-06-2012, 11:40 AM
Project twolittletwolatetwofewcylinders

...this is really just a shot at Scott

I'm looking forward to seeing where this project goes *th-up*

e30tOny
03-06-2012, 11:47 AM
Nice pick-up*th-up*

Call it.......Crack....after all...it looks like your hooked
once again:P

Ceeker
03-06-2012, 12:05 PM
I've had grey plaid interior in my white IS in the past. It is nice; however, your car has a complete black interior including the sunroof and head liner. So with that combination I personally wouldn't recommend swapping out the black vinyl as it all matches. And this combination isn't too common. most came with an off white head liner and not black. Keep the car stock. it will be worth more in the long run. well, with the exception of a few tweaks in the performance and handling dept. :-)

BMe30
03-06-2012, 12:05 PM

And to me :p

That car with kit will look great with a nice paint job... Rims... Keep it as clean as possible

defaultName
03-06-2012, 03:45 PM

I am noticing the power difference between the M42 and M20. I haven't really driven the car hard yet so I'm sure it will be a blast in it's own way. Plus, I drive pretty slow anyways...

Nice pick-up*th-up*

Call it.......Crack....after all...it looks like your hooked
once again:P

E30's are a worse drug then crack by far! This is my third one in a year!

I've had grey plaid interior in my white IS in the past. It is nice; however, your car has a complete black interior including the sunroof and head liner. So with that combination I personally wouldn't recommend swapping out the black vinyl as it all matches. And this combination isn't too common. most came with an off white head liner and not black. Keep the car stock. it will be worth more in the long run. well, with the exception of a few tweaks in the performance and handling dept. :-)

The black interior is growing on me but I love my plaid seats! I'm going to think about it some more first.

And to me :p

That car with kit will look great with a nice paint job... Rims... Keep it as clean as possible

I'll keep it as clean as the bodykit will allow!

I'm not sure what to do about paint. I would love to have it painted but there are a few things holding me back. The first is obviously money and the second is the fact that the nicer it is the less I'll want to drive it.

El Gato Liso
03-06-2012, 04:06 PM
E30's are a worse drug then crack by far! This is my third one in a year!

understatement...big time.

even if your e30 should be called a FORD 325i...

lol. bring on the spring!!!!

BMe30
03-06-2012, 04:29 PM
^^^^^^^ First On Race Day :)

E30M42cab
03-06-2012, 07:56 PM
NothingAnd as Mr. Spoiler Alert above mentioned I just picked up a set of wheels.

Post faster!

Hey, out of the 8 cylinders that I have, all 8 work. Out of the 12 that you have, only 6 work. Get that effing turbo project done already! See you at the DDT in May?*wave*

Blackedout95
03-06-2012, 08:10 PM
^^^^^^^ First On Race Day :)

And according to major car mags and awards producing a better product the last 2 years.

You get what you pay for but when you get better reliability for 1/3 the price, yikes!

richie_s999
03-06-2012, 08:57 PM
M42, mark d chip, no ac, manual steering rack(I still have one from my old car), fan delete, adjust the cams, lighter fly wheel and 4.27lsd will suprise you!!

Plus the 250ish lbs lighter the car is helps!!

BMe30
03-06-2012, 10:14 PM
Three letters.... Itb ;)

MaxBell
03-07-2012, 05:42 AM
Three letters.... Itb ;)

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/aww-yea-meme-original.jpg

Bullet Ride
03-07-2012, 08:41 AM
Hey, out of the 8 cylinders that I have, all 8 work. Out of the 12 that you have, only 6 work. Get that effing turbo project done already! See you at the DDT in May?*wave*

Apparently you haven't been following my build thread for it. The car was 'drivable' for most of last year, I just needed bigger injectors. The fact that I went away to Europe for 7 weeks prevented me from really buttoning it up. I installed the bigger injectors I needed when I got back in November but then had to stick the car in the back of the shed for the winter. Really all that's left is to tidy things up, get an appraisal, safety, insurance, and plate. Then do some data logging and work on the tune.

...and fyi since I'm building a motor you could argue I have 18 cylinders only 12 of which are currently working :moon:

E30M42cab
03-07-2012, 12:58 PM
You have 12 working when I see it running with plates, on the road, with my own two eyes! I haven't been following your build thread becuase I don't usually follow threads that are two years old (and counting):D

Bullet Ride
03-07-2012, 01:16 PM
You have 12 working when I see it running with plates, on the road, with my own two eyes! I haven't been following your build thread becuase I don't usually follow threads that are two years old (and counting):D

It's true, that project moved pretty slow, in part because I was usually doing work on the DD. I was never actively working on it, I'd put in a solid few days on it per year lol. Assuming I don't run into any issues getting it insured you'll get to see the rusty heap of junk that it is this summer.

defaultName
03-07-2012, 02:22 PM
Three letters.... Itb ;)

Four letters: DASC :P

defaultName
03-07-2012, 02:36 PM
M42, mark d chip, no ac, manual steering rack(I still have one from my old car), fan delete, adjust the cams, lighter fly wheel and 4.27lsd will suprise you!!

Plus the 250ish lbs lighter the car is helps!!

Three letters.... Itb ;)

This is exactly what I would love to do actually. I'm not really into swaps and big power just a car that's quick and fun.

A supercharged M42 would be fun but I know there are issues fitting a DASC to an M42, plus they're not too common.

richie_s999 - What's the condition of your manual rack out of curiosity? Does it have tie rods and are they still good?

BMe30 - What ever happend to your ITB build?

richie_s999
03-07-2012, 05:15 PM
This is exactly what I would love to do actually. I'm not really into swaps and big power just a car that's quick and fun.

A supercharged M42 would be fun but I know there are issues fitting a DASC to an M42, plus they're not too common.

richie_s999 - What's the condition of your manual rack out of curiosity? Does it have tie rods and are they still good?

BMe30 - What ever happend to your ITB build?

rack is in great shape, I would recommend new tie rods though, myself I never reuse them, and if your swapping a rack tie rods are easily done.

I can also get you a chip from Mark if your interested, and if you need an lsd I have a 4.10lsd in the garage. think I have a couple new cone filter kits for the car too, and can put together a full CAI kit for the car too.

I'm available this weekend if you want to come see any of the stuff.

BMe30
03-07-2012, 05:23 PM
Keep an eye out for "Itb build v2.0" and this time around no home depot plumbing.

BMe30
03-07-2012, 05:27 PM
Four letters: DASC :P

Good one!

But all kits i looked at and the new run that DA did are fitted for the e36 m42 :(

So unless you swap in an e36 m42 its a no go.