PDA

View Full Version : RSX-S Smoked....

///M3Boy28
04-28-2003, 10:56 PM
Ok... I got a few nice stories. First story is, last sat i had a set up race between my freinds RSX-S. He has a 600 ecu chip, plus a intake. ANd all i have is my cai intake. Well we decided to do a rolling start at 20 mph. I was 2 and he had to start on first. Lets just say i gave him 3 tries and i spanked him by 3 1/2-4 car lengths. He gave excuses that he missed 3 gear..blah, blah, blah. It was just a race. But, the funniest thing was that he thought he would be able to keep up with me. :D *no-no*

OK, so today was fun. I was driving around Bridgeport, which is a city next to my town and im with my freind julian. We are driving around and we see a white s4 and we both get on the highway. Im in 3rd gear and im behind him. Once the lane merged onto the highway, i cut across to the next open lane and redlined 4th, im passing him now and i hit 5th gear and i was gone. He must of felt like shit.:D :moon:

(Same day as above)
On the way home, we passed a 2003 silver convertable M3. I slowed down and we where giving eachother thumbs up and shit. So, for shits and giggles i wanted to run it. SO we did, I kept up pretty nicley, but then again i dont know if he was trying:D or he was a bad driver. So, after it was done we pulled next to him and he was like, i'm going to Boston and im smoking this blunt.*smoke* He was hitting that shit...lol. It was fun.
It was a good day.

Sometimes i wonder if my car packs more power then it should come with. lol It does wonders.:D

WhadUpp
04-28-2003, 11:35 PM
Is your M3 a Eurospec? To do what you did to that S4 makes me wonder.:)

mkgino
04-28-2003, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by WhadUpp
Is your M3 a Eurospec? To do what you did to that S4 makes me wonder.:)

Dude, the AWD on the S4 kills it, and it is a lot heavier too, I can see this done to a stock S4, but not a modded one since they can be tuned easily.

But E36 M3's are known to pack more power than they are listed with. I have seen some stock ones dyno in between 215-220 rwhp and that is about 250 hp at the crank.

Rolled_Out
04-29-2003, 01:50 AM
I don't doubt that you won, but heres a nice little video too, the rsxin this video has the same thing done that your buddys rsx/s has, maybe your buddy just can't drive??

ECU reflash
CAI

that's all.. plus a good driver :)
heres a nice 1/4 mile video...
thats not you in the blue m3 now is it ?! :P :D

right click and save as

RSX/S Vs E36 M3 1/4 mile race (http://www.digitalfiends.com/downloads/movies/rsx_vs_m3.zip)

ps--you know i'd still much rather have the ///M :)

SickFinga
04-29-2003, 02:50 AM
14.7? c'mon you know m3 can do better than that

E36 ZeeMax!
04-29-2003, 07:41 AM
is an accura rsx -s like a type r honda integra?:confused: is

Rolled_Out
04-29-2003, 11:10 AM
im sure it can, but im just trying to look @ the race because it was the same as his race...
both cars had the same mods, but this was on a nice 1/4 mile track

djcontra
04-29-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by E36 ZeeMax!
is an accura rsx -s like a type r honda integra?:confused: is

yeah the rsx type-s (north america) and honda integra type-r (worldwide) are the basically the same car, except the integra packs more power due to some foreign countries being less strict on emissions.

sonic07
04-30-2003, 05:21 AM
car & driver performance test showed audi s4 first place, subaru outback sedan second place neck to neck to the s4 and dead last 330xi ....

KennyTheGreat
04-30-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by sonic07
car & driver performance test showed audi s4 first place, subaru outback sedan second place neck to neck to the s4 and dead last 330xi ....

ya

the 330xi isn't tooo great..

moregothanshow
05-01-2003, 01:44 AM
That was definately a driver race..rsx had a better launch and it seemed like a little bit of a head start....

Rolled_Out
05-01-2003, 10:21 AM
he didn't have a head start...look closely, you don't see the red light which means he started early :) m3 driver is just a bit slower...
its alright the m3 is still wayyyy better haha

Peter1998
05-03-2003, 02:42 PM
The type S isnt like Type R. it dont have many lightweight things in it than a Type R. It just have same HP with the old type R. In Japan they have RSX type R. which is 220HP with many light weight part!..

I also i am sure the RSX in the video do have 240+ hp with mods... Stock RSX Type S only can do 15s at 1/4 Miles

E30ZeRo
05-07-2003, 09:58 PM
that rsx must have been turbo'd/supercharged/nitroused because stock e36 m3 run the quarter in about 14 and to 60 in 5.5, m3's own rsx outright. its totally believable that he stomped one in his m3.

Rolled_Out
05-08-2003, 12:15 AM
ok im going to race vlad w/ my rsx/s which has the exact same mods as the one in the video
hondata reflash # 4 vtec 5200 start and redline of 9,000
and INJEN CAI..
theres a few guys that run high 13's all day long JUST on those mods..

hondata4
CAI
and this guy here had falken azein tires..

Sickbimmer
05-08-2003, 12:32 AM
Hey RolledOut, I didn't know you had a 13 sec rsx? It's funny I never see you in woodbridge.:D :D :D

Just busting them bro.

mkgino
05-08-2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Rolled_Out
ok im going to race vlad w/ my rsx/s which has the exact same mods as the one in the video
hondata reflash # 4 vtec 5200 start and redline of 9,000
and INJEN CAI..
theres a few guys that run high 13's all day long JUST on those mods..

hondata4
CAI
and this guy here had falken azein tires..

Did you race me with that crap on!!!!! If so that wasnt fair!

Rolled_Out
05-08-2003, 12:55 AM
fab--lol just becase it took me a year to spot a laguna secablue e36 im not an idiot!!!! haha
and my rsx is not 13 seconds.. yet. i need at LEAST some tires as well... not these junkbox stock crap

mk--no man i just got it not too long ago!!!
i smoked you fair n square :) haha
come to the track man... ur car is quick

Sickbimmer
05-08-2003, 01:11 AM
One of the import tuners rated the AEM cold air intake to make 20+hp. do you have that intake/ if not maybe you should swap for one.

Oh, and before anyone say's 20hp+ my:moon: I'm just repeating what they recorded in thier air intake shoot out.*th-up*

Jon@Bimmersport
05-08-2003, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by superM3
One of the import tuners rated the AEM cold air intake to make 20+hp. do you have that intake/ if not maybe you should swap for one.

Oh, and before anyone say's 20hp+ my:moon: I'm just repeating what they recorded in thier air intake shoot out.*th-up*

ya, AEM intake with wat other mods? Injen made the best intake for RSX-S from what i heard, it terms of gains, and where you gain the HP...

Dan, let me know when u guys go at it u know ill be there...maybe u can start in 3rd and race me in my bro's car! haha

Rolled_Out
05-08-2003, 02:12 AM
Actually Injen is said to produce MORE HP than the AEM CAI for the rsx, only 1 or 2 hp more, but thee basically the same crap..

Injen jsut released there CAI for the rsx, and its much better than the AEM... to install the aem, you ahve to REROUTE your washer bottle!!!!! and its a BIG BIG BITCH, whereas when u buy an Injen for the rsx, it COMES w/ a SMALLER washer bottle , so you jsut swap a few nuts and install the smaller washer bottle...
(everything is tight under the hood in that area)

we'll see how i do on sunday @ the track... even tho im on stock rubber which really SUCKS.. i wanna hit 14.4 and ill be happy, coz when i get new tires ill be taking a few tenths off of there, and ahve more practice @ the 1/4 mile too

Sickbimmer
05-08-2003, 02:17 AM
That's cool. Maybe I'll come by the track and see what your 4 banger can do*th-up* (and no thats not a challenge) Got that young grasshopper:D :D

Rolled_Out
05-08-2003, 02:23 AM
jon is king grasshopper!

ill race you for kicks, ill beat you too!!! (since your car doesnt MOVE!) :)

ever take your blown m3 down the 1320? howd ya do?

Sickbimmer
05-08-2003, 02:29 AM
Watch what you ask for, the car is fixed*par-t*

I didn't have a chance to do the 1/4 mile but the car should do mid to low 13's. Unfortunatly my car's a pig in the weight department.(in show trim)

I know jon king grasshopper, he's tring to get me to race m-attack.

Rolled_Out
05-08-2003, 02:34 AM
fixed already eh?! nice!
one thing i would do is the double decker spoiler though... but thats just me.. i like spoilers :)

in all cases even w/ out the spoiler its awesome.

Sickbimmer
05-08-2003, 02:39 AM
The only spoiler I was considering is the e-46 mini spoiler. But at $250 it's just not worth it.

PS isn't it late over there in woodbridge?

Don't you got to go to work in the morning?.......Must be nice.:D

Jon@Bimmersport
05-08-2003, 02:47 AM
damn right guys u better reconize..lol

guys, its all for the footage...otherwise i wouldnt ask u to do that unless u wanted to...you'll see wat its for after summer..

dan, thats no double decker spoiler..wat is this taco bell? its the LTW spoiler isnt it

SuperM3..u know u wanna race him lol

Sickbimmer
05-08-2003, 02:54 AM
Keep it up, maybe I will.Wax on wax off:D

Shit I GOT TO GO TO WORK IN 5 HOURS.

Later hommies*sleep*

///M3Boy28
05-11-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Rolled_Out
I don't doubt that you won, but heres a nice little video too, the rsxin this video has the same thing done that your buddys rsx/s has, maybe your buddy just can't drive??

ECU reflash
CAI

that's all.. plus a good driver :)
heres a nice 1/4 mile video...
thats not you in the blue m3 now is it ?! :P :D

right click and save as

RSX/S Vs E36 M3 1/4 mile race (http://www.digitalfiends.com/downloads/movies/rsx_vs_m3.zip)

ps--you know i'd still much rather have the ///M :)

Listen, i did win, i had people on the road watching. Second of all, he was a bad driver. Third of all he saw that same video and he thought he could beat me, but he didn't. He wasn't even close. Oh and the s4 i raced was not a new s4, it was the model before. I don't know what year but it was th last model they made and im assuming it was stock. I post about my kills and i get rude ass comments from people. :mad: Thanks