PDA

View Full Version : BMW 740iL for sale $1000.00 and running

bigblack740i
02-20-2012, 03:46 PM
Hello everyone. I have a 1998 BMW 740iL for sale. The engine runs excellent. The car recently had the dreaded timing chain guides, tensioner and chain it's self done and passed the Ontario drive clean with fantastic numbers (have paper work to prove). Car has also had new right rear control arm, new drag link, has had the 55MPH traction strut speed wobble problem fixed (new traction struts installed), new left outer tie rod end installed last year (I believe), new idler arm, new oil separator, new water pump, new valve cover gaskets, new rad, new fan clutch, new headlight bulbs, etc, etc. I just do not have time to fix things on this car anymore and am looking to sell it. The heater/blower fan quit working about a week ago and the transmission is late up-shifting while in automatic mode. I was going to look into the transmission but decided not to spend another moment on the car and just to sell it. $1000.00 (cash only!) price is firm. My wife and I enjoyed this car for a few years but now she would like something smaller. The car works fine other than what I've mentioned. Power seats and tilt/telescopic steering, rear defrost, power windows locks, sunroof, alarm, heated seats, A/C (when blower was working) etc, work great. Some of these cars have had weird ignition switch problems (apparently) but we've been lucky with this one. Please respond to this post if interested and I will give you my phone number so I can answer any other questions. Sorry I don't have any pictures but will try to post some soon. The car is located just south of Collingwood, ON.