PDA

View Full Version : Feeler - 1990 BMW 520i

beem3r
02-17-2012, 09:22 AM
Hey guys, this is a feeler for what was supposed to be my summer project. Turns out that I've got a kid on the way, so I won't have the time nor money to do what I wanted to this car.

The car is a 1990 520i. It is a European import, left hand drive.

It has the 2.0L M50 in it, non vanos, 224XXXkm's, connected to a 5 speed manual. Engine runs smooth, cranks and starts first try every time. Transmission shifts smooth, clutch grabs and holds perfect. More reliable than my wife's e46 325i.

The interior is in good shape, cloth seats, dual climate, manual crank windows and manual crank sunroof (less possible electrical problems to worry about lol) Sunroof does not leak. Height adjustable headlamps function as they should

So the good:
Work done within the last ~6 months or ~4000km by me
Oil change
New plugs
New air filter
Throttle body service
Injectors cleaned
Rear axle carrier bushings (major pain in the rear)
Valid, passed e-test to go with it

The bad:
Wiper motor is on the fritz
Knock in front suspension, the infamous thrust arm bushings most probably as the car also has the 60mph shake if you touch the brakes
Half the driver side door moulding snapped off this winter
Small amount of rust around moulding on the driver fender
Wallet sized spot on hood of peeled clear coat
Part of the rear driver side window crank handle broke off
Gas gauge not entirely accurate

I'm kind of sad to be giving this up because I love the body style, and for being 22+ years old, I like to think of it as being in pretty decent shape. I see much newer cars, in much worse shape

These are the only 2 pics I have of it at the moment, but if there is interest, I can certainly take more.

Make me an offer if you feel like picking up a new project, or just a solid DD/winter beater!

Thanks,
Jared

beem3r
02-19-2012, 12:51 PM
This is definitely for sale, I'd like to get $1500 for it, but I'll entertain any offers.

I'm buying an e39, so this car needs to go to a new owner, I have no room for it.

Thanks,
Jared

beem3r
02-21-2012, 01:54 PM
Bump...highest offer $800 from kijiji, which will most likely be accepted unless there's someone else who wants it.

Get it out of my driveway!

Jared

beem3r
02-21-2012, 06:48 PM
Tentatively sold

beem3r
02-22-2012, 08:45 AM
Sold

captain E34
03-31-2013, 09:31 PM
soooooo happy i bought it :)