PDA

View Full Version : Buddys auto good/bad

momax_powers
02-12-2012, 02:05 PM
has anyone here had any work done at BuddysAuto....they specialize in BMWs and they gave me a good quote for something i want done but I havent heard anyones experiences with them.

any input would be appreciated

momax_powers
02-13-2012, 01:11 AM
no one?

Ceeker
02-13-2012, 08:19 AM
Guy is a backyard mechanic. he doesn't know everything. he gave me quotes too before and from the sounds of it wasn't accurate -on the low end of the scale. So either he rushes the job and will miss stuff along the way ( do you really want that?) cheaper isn't always better. Otherwise, he's not a bad guy. Also had trouble getting hold of him time to time.

what needs fixing?

1bmw1
02-13-2012, 10:20 AM
Guy is a backyard mechanic. he doesn't know everything. he gave me quotes too before and from the sounds of it wasn't accurate -on the low end of the scale. So either he rushes the job and will miss stuff along the way ( do you really want that?) cheaper isn't always better. Otherwise, he's not a bad guy. Also had trouble getting hold of him time to time.

what needs fixing?

Never heard of him, but cheaper also doesn't mean "rushes the job and will miss stuff along the way":) If it's a small job, try him out and let us know!

Ceeker
02-13-2012, 10:50 AM
Never heard of him, but cheaper also doesn't mean "rushes the job and will miss stuff along the way":) If it's a small job, try him out and let us know!

easy for you to say..not your $$$; sure, let him be the cannon fodder!! LOL.
that way we know whether to stay away or not.

limenuke
02-13-2012, 12:23 PM
I went to his shop to pick up a scrap E36 door shell.

He has like a staff of 10 working late into the night (past 9-10pm). I didn't see a paint booth ...I've no idea if that stuff turns out alright. But I saw them handling some expensive cars. The whole area is an auto-oriented neighbourhood.

I can't say them seem like a high end shop but if you need a non crucial simple job done, then it seems like a good route to go.

5style
02-13-2012, 12:50 PM
picked up a speedo off him, was dead, all his speedometers were in a bucket and seemed subjected to moisture. That god the glass was mint, as thats all I needed anyways

momax_powers
02-14-2012, 01:52 AM
would anyone go do a springs job from them?

5style
02-14-2012, 12:04 PM
would anyone go do a springs job from them?

Personally, I would do it myself, and then go for an alignment. Its not very hard to do man, and the tools are cheap.

These days, saving a buck is worth the effort

frankie591
02-14-2012, 12:46 PM
Personally, I would do it myself, and then go for an alignment. Its not very hard to do man, and the tools are cheap.

These days, saving a buck is worth the effort

Yeah all you need is a set of $20 spring compressors from princess auto.

1bmw1
02-14-2012, 02:51 PM
Describing something as "not very hard to do" is subjective. Especially when it comes to fixing cars. If you are not 100% confident, especially working on suspension, and brakes, just leave it to a professional. Safer for both you, and i.:)

Just call around. Bimmersport, RMP, Pfaff, etc...there are many shops on here that can hook you up.*th-up* Good luck dude.

momax_powers
02-14-2012, 03:41 PM
yea ive been shopping around quite a bit...i jus hate that feeling sometimes when i have to pay someone the same amount i payed for the actual part to put it in..you know what i mean

5style
02-14-2012, 04:27 PM
Describing something as "not very hard to do" is subjective. Especially when it comes to fixing cars. If you are not 100% confident, especially working on suspension, and brakes, just leave it to a professional. Safer for both you, and i.:)

Just call around. Bimmersport, RMP, Pfaff, etc...there are many shops on here that can hook you up.*th-up* Good luck dude.

Or, read DIY, then watch DIY, then read a repair book, and its done. Frankly, these "professionals" often make a mess. I won't mention names, but, some that you mentioned messing up rear toe in completely causing premature tire wear, zip tie repairs when they damage mounts, etc. Learning and doing yourself leads to the best possible job being done since you won't take advantage of yourself

frankie591
02-14-2012, 04:55 PM
Or, read DIY, then watch DIY, then read a repair book, and its done. Frankly, these "professionals" often make a mess. I won't mention names, but, some that you mentioned messing up rear toe in completely causing premature tire wear, zip tie repairs when they damage mounts, etc. Learning and doing yourself leads to the best possible job being done since you won't take advantage of yourself

^Agreed. There's really only 1 way to learn how to do auto maintenance, and when you think about how much cash you can save over the years by doing stuff yourself, its a no-brainer. O.P. find a friend who knows what he is doing to help you out.

momax_powers
02-14-2012, 08:38 PM
that would be the ideal way to go

Eurostyle
02-14-2012, 09:26 PM
Yeah all you need is a set of $20 spring
compressors from princess auto.

Considering on the E39 half of the interior has to be taken out to remove rear struts, $20 spring tools should be the least of your worries! *th-up*

5style
02-14-2012, 10:06 PM
Considering on the E39 half of the interior has to be taken out to remove rear struts, $20 spring tools should be the least of your worries! *th-up*

eh, same with e36, no biggie.

Discostar
02-14-2012, 10:08 PM

I agree 100%.. As for naming names, I haven’t had any experience with any of the shops 1bmw1 listed, but have also gone to a few other very well known, very highly recommended shops, paid through the teeth for labour (often much more then was quoted) and left with a half-assed, half finished product.

If you have any mechanical know how, or even the slightest inclination to learn, I would just invest in some tools and do it yourself. Especially with these older cars, you'll end up paying someone more then the car is worth to fix it on some jobs.

Eurostyle
02-14-2012, 10:11 PM
eh, same with e36, no biggie.

You obviously have not done both cars if you are saying this!fcplm

They are nothing alike. *wave*

5style
02-14-2012, 10:16 PM

ive done the e39!!!! It was hell, actually all bmws are hell with rear shocks :D

noodles101
02-14-2012, 10:16 PM
go to stance factory?

5style
02-14-2012, 10:17 PM
go to stance factory?

or this. Do it yourself or stancefactory since Jay and Mike KNOW their shit, and frankly i wouldn't trust anyone else

momax_powers
02-14-2012, 10:23 PM
i got a decent quote from RMP and Stance but its still not cheap

1bmw1
02-14-2012, 10:25 PM

+1. Two completely different jobs. E36 is a joke. E39, you'll spend most of the time ripping out the rear speakers, headrests, etc just to get to the strut towers.

Eurostyle
02-14-2012, 10:26 PM
ive done the e39!!!! It was hell, actually all bmws are hell with rear shocks :D

Then how can you say it's "same with E36"???

I didnt know on the E36 you have to remove; rear seats upper and lower, C piller covers, headrests, tray cover, and rear speakers!!! Or removal of upper control arm...

But it must be the same as accessing the shocks from the trunk.:rolleyes:

5style
02-14-2012, 10:47 PM
Then how can you say it's "same with E36"???

I didnt know on the E36 you have to remove; rear seats upper and lower, C piller covers, headrests, tray cover, and rear speakers!!! Or removal of upper control arm...

But it must be the same as accessing the shocks from the trunk.:rolleyes:

because the e36 needs removal its rear speakers, rear carpet, whole rear carpet assembly support plastics, rear seat side bolsters, rear seats ( top halfs) , rear headrests, sound insulation, and the shelf retaining plastic. Its still a shitload of work, especially in a e36 that has folding rear seats, and ANYONE who says no, ripped up their sound insulation and carpets to save time, and seriously Fil you take e36s apart, YOU should know its a shitload of work in coupes or sedans with folding rear seats unless you want to rip up stuff and do it half ass.

Im not saying the e39 is easier, but lets be real the e36 is no piece of cake either, unless you have a bare bone e36 sedan with a ski pass, base speakers, etc

1bmw1
02-14-2012, 10:58 PM
because the e36 needs removal its rear speakers, rear carpet, whole rear carpet assembly support plastics, rear seat side bolsters, rear seats ( top halfs) , rear headrests, sound insulation, and the shelf retaining plastic. Its still a shitload of work, especially in a e36 that has folding rear seats, and ANYONE who says no, ripped up their sound insulation and carpets to save time, and seriously Fil you take e36s apart, YOU should know its a shitload of work in coupes or sedans with folding rear seats unless you want to rip up stuff and do it half ass.

Im not saying the e39 is easier, but lets be real the e36 is no piece of cake either, unless you have a bare bone e36 sedan with a ski pass, base speakers, etc

Compared to the E39, the E36 is a piece of cake. You saying this makes me beleive that you haven't done rear suspension work on a E39. It's VERY different.

Eurostyle
02-14-2012, 11:07 PM

You get what you pay for. If you want it done cheap, check Shantaram...with $40/houre labour, he should do it for cheap!

richie_s999
02-14-2012, 11:43 PM

cheap and BMW don't mix, dude you bought a 540, have you looked into what the maintenance on that motor is gonna cost???

if you can't afford to do it now, save up and get it done right the first time

momax_powers
02-14-2012, 11:46 PM
ive looked into a lot of things....the car is mechanically sound and runs like new....the "making it awesome" part is what kills the wallet for me, coupled with insurance in brampton and V8 gas guzzling and university fees....gotta save where ever i can man

richie_s999
02-14-2012, 11:50 PM
ive looked into a lot of things....the car is mechanically sound and runs like new....the "making it awesome" part is what kills the wallet for me, coupled with insurance in brampton and V8 gas guzzling and university fees....gotta save where ever i can man

again save and do it right, its February, save till May and get it done right.

Sorry but if your worrying about your wallet then you can't afford it, the things your complaining about are things everyone has to deal with either buy something you can afford with out worry or wait till you can afford to mod it

momax_powers
02-14-2012, 11:53 PM
i jus plan on doing one thing at a time and to look for a good deal doesnt mean you cant afford things, its jus being smart

Eurostyle
02-15-2012, 12:01 AM
i jus plan on doing one thing at a time and to look for a good deal doesnt mean you cant afford things, its jus being smart

No, thats just being cheap!
Its been done, tested and proven many times! You do things the cheap way, it ends up costing you more in the long run. Do it right the first time, same the aggravation and time. *th-up*

momax_powers
02-15-2012, 12:08 AM
you can be smart and get good quality work for a good price and you can also pay a ton and get garbage work...im trying to find good work+good price...im not jus going to go to the lowest priced shop hence the thread...im researching and making inquiries my friends...cant you see why i posted this issue in the first place

Eurostyle
02-15-2012, 12:19 AM
you can be smart and get good quality work for a good price and you can also pay a ton and get garbage work...im trying to find good work+good price...im not jus going to go to the lowest priced shop hence the thread...im researching and making inquiries my friends...cant you see why i posted this issue in the first place

Be careful what you say then, because when you state; "i got a decent quote from RMP and Stance but its still not cheap", it pretty much means that!

If a price is already decent, dont go for cheap, thats all im saying! *wave*

momax_powers
02-15-2012, 01:14 AM
i didn't say im not going with them or that it was still not cheap enough for me i was just stating that decent doesnt necessarily mean a low price. Most likely I will be going to RMP for their workmanship because this thread fulfilled its original purpose which was to enlighten me to some degree about a particular shop I was contemplating. I believe the word cheap and its negative coupling with quality is what is throwing some people....I was merely trying to get the most out of my money and not get ripped off due to bad previous business dealings where I was taken advantage of. Anyways I would like to thank all of you for your expertise, input and advice especially Eurostyle for your quick PM responses.

ericdalinda
02-15-2012, 01:11 PM
Stancefactory... thread/

TheMadChigga
02-15-2012, 01:47 PM
i didn't say im not going with them or that it was still not cheap enough for me i was just stating that decent doesnt necessarily mean a low price. Most likely I will be going to RMP for their workmanship because this thread fulfilled its original purpose which was to enlighten me to some degree about a particular shop I was contemplating. I believe the word cheap and its negative coupling with quality is what is throwing some people....I was merely trying to get the most out of my money and not get ripped off due to bad previous business dealings where I was taken advantage of. Anyways I would like to thank all of you for your expertise, input and advice especially Eurostyle for your quick PM responses.

Hey man, we are not here to try to shut you down on the ideas of "saving money", everyone has their own budget and their financial limits and there's nothing wrong with that, trust me, there are TONS of things I want to do at once, I'd do them all if I could, but I have to plan thing accordingly and budget around it.

But the uncomfortable truth is that, E39's, especially the V8's can be very expensive to maintain if you want one to run right, especially if you want to mod it, it helps a lot if you can do it yourself.

Suspension bits are generally the WORST parts on E39 along with cooling system, the rears can be very difficult to change, before you want to lower the car, check your thrust arms and other bushing first, because a lot of time as soon its lower, all other parts' wears rate accelerate.

iverson03tj
02-16-2012, 06:50 PM
and its a BMW... i think i personally spent more money on 1 bimmer than i did on on civic n intergra (minus the turbo) And i got 100,000 km out of it. while i only got like 20,000km out my bimmers and it STILL needs work :p

but then again no other car puts a nice grin on my face:P

And do maintenance first and then worry about the other things..

I personally hate those guys, i had a few people go to him since he was close and cheap and to be honest there a very fishy business that deals with alot of "other stuff" and the people that have gone to him werent happy with what they did

ex: one guy wanted a new thermostat installed... simple procedure... he broke a fan blade and filled his car with yellow coolant when his had blue in :S

iverson03tj
02-16-2012, 06:56 PM

Be ahppy ur not insured in east york! and honestly i found ti really hard to keep my bimmer on the road while i was at school, so its really up to u. if you want to keep it and bite the bullet its cool or u can just sell it to me if its a 6 speed:P :idea:

momax_powers
02-16-2012, 10:09 PM
sorry bud its auto

khurram
02-17-2012, 08:30 PM
I don't know why everyone has to show hate against a "cheap" alternative than going to the "high end indy shops".
When i can't do stuff myself i go to these shops, and experience is bad on those "high end shops" some times too.
Also price difference isn't that big b/w him and other shops on some jobs so take it there.
If you want take your car or have it towed to these shops and pay more, its your car go ahead.

In the summer i dropped my car off to these "high end shops/sponsors on this siteEDIT NOT SPONSOR NO MORE OR WERENT IN THE FIRST PLACE" and they over filled my engine with HALF-FULL BOTTLE almost. ITS A BASIC OIL CHANGE JOB THAT GOT TURNED BAD.

And about the above stated job of thermostat. Sad to hear that but i had him do that on my moms 2004 530i today and i watched him. He came over and did it in my garage, which is great and the guys is friendly. He might not have the experience as the other shops but knows the basics/ more than most people. He was careful with everything and took his time when my lower rad hose was seized. Job done its running fine.
It better to see what they are doing than have it being in a shop and they call you back saying you need a new HOSE (because they broke it and say cause it was messed up already).

So its yours call, have them not do it in front of you OR watch them do it, much satisfying to people like me who care about their cars. I would do most stuff my self but i didn't have the tools today (basically nothing as my tools were in my m3 which was at AUTOWORKS for oil pan and other things that i couldn't do.

Finally I didn't have no coolant at home, so after finishing my job he drove me to get my m3 from the shop and get coolant from Budd's bmw.
Good experience from my end. So if you need a simple job done and don't want to get your pocket emptied go to him. (Y)

momax_powers
02-17-2012, 08:58 PM
I don't know why everyone has to show hate against a "cheap" alternative than going to the "high end indy shops".
When i can't do stuff myself i go to these shops, and experience is bad on those "high end shops" some times too.
Also price difference isn't that big b/w him and other shops on some jobs so take it there.
If you want take your car or have it towed to these shops and pay more, its your car go ahead.

In the summer i dropped my car off to these "high end shops/sponsors on this siteEDIT NOT SPONSOR NO MORE OR WERENT IN THE FIRST PLACE" and they over filled my engine with HALF-FULL BOTTLE almost. ITS A BASIC OIL CHANGE JOB THAT GOT TURNED BAD.

And about the above stated job of thermostat. Sad to hear that but i had him do that on my moms 2004 530i today and i watched him. He came over and did it in my garage, which is great and the guys is friendly. He might not have the experience as the other shops but knows the basics/ more than most people. He was careful with everything and took his time when my lower rad hose was seized. Job done its running fine.
It better to see what they are doing than have it being in a shop and they call you back saying you need a new HOSE (because they broke it and say cause it was messed up already).

So its yours call, have them not do it in front of you OR watch them do it, much satisfying to people like me who care about their cars. I would do most stuff my self but i didn't have the tools today (basically nothing as my tools were in my m3 which was at AUTOWORKS for oil pan and other things that i couldn't do.

Finally I didn't have no coolant at home, so after finishing my job he drove me to get my m3 from the shop and get coolant from Budd's bmw.
Good experience from my end. So if you need a simple job done and don't want to get your pocket emptied go to him. (Y)

are you talking about Buddy's Auto

khurram
02-17-2012, 09:00 PM
Yes he came by today for my thermostat and did a good job, i saw him do everything and he was pretty patient and caring. (most likely because i was watching but thats every mech)
It was for my 2004 530i

richie_s999
02-18-2012, 08:28 AM

you have obviously had a bad experience somewhere, but rad hose seized and they busted your rad hose? omg if I heard this I wouldn't touch your car in or out of a shop cause your looking for something to complain about.

I agree its always best to be able to see and trust a shop, but trust is a 2 way street. there is a reason I finished my hours and never did my test, its one of the worst industries to work in, no one likes spending money on their cars for maintance, so the mechanic is the bad guy.

before I rant to much, please if your going to talk about seized rad hoses expect someone is gonna take you on a trip

khurram
02-18-2012, 09:49 AM
you have obviously had a bad experience somewhere, but rad hose seized and they busted your rad hose? omg if I heard this I wouldn't touch your car in or out of a shop cause your looking for something to complain about.

I agree its always best to be able to see and trust a shop, but trust is a 2 way street. there is a reason I finished my hours and never did my test, its one of the worst industries to work in, no one likes spending money on their cars for maintance, so the mechanic is the bad guy.

before I rant to much, please if your going to talk about seized rad hoses expect someone is gonna take you on a trip

I'm sorry. My mistake, I didn't mean that. My hose didn't seize.
What happened was the bottom part of the t-stat which connects to the bottom hose had what seemed like a little bit of residue of some sort, making it very difficult to deattach from the rad hose. That's what I meant, slipping the new one on was very easy.
All I'm saying is if I wasn't watching I would have got a call and told my hose also needs a replacing and that a extra charge or something (y) because they broke it while trying to quickly pull it and stuff. Him on the other hand took his time on that.
That's all I was trying to see. Sorry for the error.

That was my story
If you want to take it to this guy sure, watch him work, I wouldn't leave my car anywhere I don't trust.
Or take it to RMP or Stance or bimmersport ;) it's all up to you.

5style
02-28-2012, 02:40 PM
I'm sorry. My mistake, I didn't mean that. My hose didn't seize.
What happened was the bottom part of the t-stat which connects to the bottom hose had what seemed like a little bit of residue of some sort, making it very difficult to deattach from the rad hose. That's what I meant, slipping the new one on was very easy.
All I'm saying is if I wasn't watching I would have got a call and told my hose also needs a replacing and that a extra charge or something (y) because they broke it while trying to quickly pull it and stuff. Him on the other hand took his time on that.
That's all I was trying to see. Sorry for the error.

That was my story
If you want to take it to this guy sure, watch him work, I wouldn't leave my car anywhere I don't trust.
Or take it to RMP or Stance or bimmersport ;) it's all up to you.

Rad hoses "sieze" all the time and get painfully stuck to the rad or to the waterpump hosing. Rubber and heat are not a good mix, its a good idea to replace em every so often and treat them with rubber silicone conditioner from the outside

khurram
02-29-2012, 01:03 AM
Rad hoses "sieze" all the time and get painfully stuck to the rad or to the waterpump hosing. Rubber and heat are not a good mix, its a good idea to replace em every so often and treat them with rubber silicone conditioner from the outside

Yes you are right, obviously they aren't a good mix.
Point is I would not replace my rad hose that does not need replacing, its perfectly fine. When the hose gets stuck to the housing due to high temps and it hasn't been moved for a long time obviously people get rough with them and try to "yank" on them to hurry the work resulting in calling you and tell you that the hose needs to be replaced. Simple statement made by me.
Some garages/mechs will do that.. he didn't *th-up*
Im not a mech here so ya *wave*

5style
02-29-2012, 01:15 AM
Yes you are right, obviously they aren't a good mix.
Point is I would not replace my rad hose that does not need replacing, its perfectly fine. When the hose gets stuck to the housing due to high temps and it hasn't been moved for a long time obviously people get rough with them and try to "yank" on them to hurry the work resulting in calling you and tell you that the hose needs to be replaced. Simple statement made by me.
Some garages/mechs will do that.. he didn't *th-up*
Im not a mech here so ya *wave*

If its old and stuck it will crack in 95% of the cases. Depends on how stuck it is, you also don't want to reuse stuck hoses because they have a high rate of popping off and leaking after they have been removed.

From mechanical experience.

khurram
02-29-2012, 01:29 AM
If its old and stuck it will crack in 95% of the cases. Depends on how stuck it is, you also don't want to reuse stuck hoses because they have a high rate of popping off and leaking after they have been removed.

From mechanical experience.

Well thanks for the input
I will keep an eye on that hose once in a while

Cars got less than 100k so let see. Will replace it later on when doing other cooling parts, but at the moment its looked fine from the edge where it attaches to the housing *th-up*

5style
02-29-2012, 01:34 AM
Well thanks for the input
I will keep an eye on that hose once in a while

Cars got less than 100k so let see. Will replace it later on when doing other cooling parts, but at the moment its looked fine from the edge where it attaches to the housing *th-up*

yeah, at less then 100k it should be ok, its in the 160k+ zone when they harden to rock and are useless. You ll be ok for a long time, check for leaks once in a while tho, even new hoses are sometimes know to not seal to the necks of the cooling system properly and trickle.*th-up*

khurram
02-29-2012, 01:39 AM
yeah, at less then 100k it should be ok, its in the 160k+ zone when they harden to rock and are useless. You ll be ok for a long time, check for leaks once in a while tho, even new hoses are sometimes know to not seal to the necks of the cooling system properly and trickle.*th-up*
Will do
Thanks for the heads up (Y)

BMW_7
02-29-2012, 08:45 AM

Not always you can check for leaks, it's possible you can have hose in a unaccessible areas with a crack, all of the sudden, loss of pressure..

It's a good idea to invest in a cooling system pressure tester, its like $100 bucks and well worth the investment for all your cars

cisco911
02-29-2012, 09:57 AM
I completely understand when people want to save some money as things are tight for everyone now a days. However, I feel that sometimes people don't value the work and knowledge needed to work on modern cars. People have the nerve to sit there and make comments like "why am I going to pay someone $80 to do job A when I can do it myself in my driveway with some tools. That is way too expensive!" Well guess what my friend, owning a business has many costs associated with it and being a good mechanic now a days requires a significant investment in tools/training. So next time a mechanic quotes you a job and it is something like $80 per hour and you think to yourself, "what the hell, why is this guy charging so much???", realize that the mechanic has invested a huge amount of capital in order to service your high end vehicle properly. Between yearly diagnostic software updates, specialty tools, rent/lease costs and other regular costs of running a business, that $80 needs to pay for alot of things.

98bimmer
03-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Went to Buddys auto today to grab an expansion tank, good quality and excellent price! almost $50 cheaper then other places. Will go again, nice guy too.

1bmw1
03-01-2012, 04:57 PM
I went with a friend the other day and i wasn't too impressed. The guy treated us like we were kids, talking down to us, and his business looks a little shady imo. His prices were good, but i would rather spend a little more and go elsewhere. Looks like one of those "one-night shops".

bmw.ae
03-07-2012, 12:26 AM
wicked thread, im going with buddys auto to do my suspension, i'll call stancefactory but ive already given a deposit to "john" at buddysauto, he seems like a nice guy whos relatively auto-educated, plus the price is right..maybe he can afford to do it cheaper than other places, he even asked me to put a good word in for him on the forum lol...i'll wait til my new springs r in tyvm..
who did u end up going with max?

momax_powers
03-07-2012, 12:30 AM
havent gone with anyone yet as i am currently looking into replacing the shocks n struts as well instead of just springs(dont want to end up having to pay twice). I would love to here about your experience one you get yours done.

328iInt.o
03-07-2012, 02:35 AM
I messaged him and emailed him about replacing my diff and rear wheel bearings. Got no response.

So am I right to say he only does minor jobs??

bmw.ae
03-07-2012, 02:54 AM
havent gone with anyone yet as i am currently looking into replacing the shocks n struts as well instead of just springs(dont want to end up having to pay twice). I would love to here about your experience one you get yours done.
Ah I see, funny u say cuz I originally went to him with the same job (saw him monday) he says my shocks r good.. But I don't agree, so I planned on doing the springs (raise) and control arms ball joints tie rods n may need a camber kit but his installation prices r hard to argue n I watched him do some susp. work on a x5 he knows what he doing in that area, I'll tell u how it goes, booked for the 15th

I messaged him and emailed him about replacing my diff and rear wheel bearings. Got no response.

So am I right to say he only does minor jobs??
How do you define minor? Or a suspension job? he doesn't look like he wud pull a engine but who knows... However his lack of communication and contacting him seems to be an issue for some ppl and I agree is unprofessional, he answers my calls tho , just go to his shop barge in on dat mofo lol

dcramer
03-07-2012, 07:38 AM
He's not a mechanic. If you know what you want and he has it you will save money. I would not let him work on my car, but I won't let too many people work on my car.

If I can't do it then I am going to pay someone who is qualified to do it properly

328iInt.o
03-07-2012, 09:31 AM
Ah I see, funny u say cuz I originally went to him with the same job (saw him monday) he says my shocks r good.. But I don't agree, so I planned on doing the springs (raise) and control arms ball joints tie rods n may need a camber kit but his installation prices r hard to argue n I watched him do some susp. work on a x5 he knows what he doing in that area, I'll tell u how it goes, booked for the 15th

How do you define minor? Or a suspension job? he doesn't look like he wud pull a engine but who knows... However his lack of communication and contacting him seems to be an issue for some ppl and I agree is unprofessional, he answers my calls tho , just go to his shop barge in on dat mofo lol

Maybe I was to quick to assume that his lack of response meant he denied the job.

Will run my car straight through his shop doors, how's that for barging in? :p

charliebim
03-07-2012, 11:50 PM
ya drive it right in.

bmw.ae
03-08-2012, 05:33 PM
Maybe I was to quick to assume that his lack of response meant he denied the job.

Will run my car straight through his shop doors, how's that for barging in? :p

LOL he's got it coming for screening calls *uzi*
hopefully theres not acetylene behind the garage door, come to thikn of it.. theres a huge pile of alternators haha

charliebim
03-09-2012, 08:43 AM
thread is full of haters. harbouring harassers
it's called online harassment.

1bmw1
03-09-2012, 12:08 PM
thread is full of haters. harbouring harassers
it's called online harassment.

No, it's called an opinion, and everyone's entitled to one. My opinion is that i wouldn't even take my bicycle to your shop, sorry.

momax_powers
03-09-2012, 10:23 PM
buddy's auto is amazing. fair prices. licensed techs.
that's my opinion. here is his number. 64771710BMW
call him to leave your opinion, or to order parts.

ok Buddysauto i mean charliebim, we will do that

charliebim
03-09-2012, 10:23 PM
buddy's is expanding.
check out buddy's landscaping.ca for all your landscaping needs.

Ceeker
03-09-2012, 10:44 PM
I utterly amazes me how 5 pages can amass on this thread alone..LOL

Eurostyle
03-09-2012, 10:55 PM
buddy's is expanding.
check out buddy's landscaping.ca for all your landscaping needs.

Shameless advertising plug. I dont think you are helping them much tho, i wouldnt let the guy who mowes my lawn fix my car! :rolleyes:

Ceeker
03-11-2012, 08:55 AM
I STRONGLY suggest that you talk to a moderator about advertising on here before they get wind and pull your ad; ONLY sponsors can advertise their business. That means you HAVE to be a sponsor. Not to mention, this is a bmw forum not a lawn care or snow shoveling forum. You should post that in the General area. This isn't Kijijji..

mpower1226
03-11-2012, 10:59 AM
well, Just a customer wouldn't not use

"WE sell this and that at this price"

momax_powers
03-11-2012, 02:35 PM
that was a fast bann....and all i was looking for was some testimonials and then came 5 pages of exciting reading haha

5style
03-12-2012, 09:46 AM
that was a fast bann....and all i was looking for was some testimonials and then came 5 pages of exciting reading haha

Did you get your shadowline kit*love* yet?

328iInt.o
03-12-2012, 01:20 PM
Charlie messaged me why I was bashing him. I swear I didn't looking back at my responses.

momax_powers
03-12-2012, 02:57 PM
Did you get your shadowline kit*love* yet?

i got the gloss black vinyl shadowline tape 3" by 30'

mxbmlkmenuts
03-16-2012, 10:46 PM
buddys' auto is a great place to get your bmw parts. reasonable prices, good service.

328iInt.o
03-17-2012, 03:48 PM
Join date March 2012, 2 posts. You sound credible. Lol

Ceeker
03-17-2012, 03:52 PM
Lol!!

mxbmlkmenuts
03-17-2012, 04:04 PM
buddy's auto rocks. ... haters can lick balls

Ceeker
03-17-2012, 04:25 PM
u just keep posting and sending crap like that and you'll be next on the ban list "BUDDY"

mxbmlkmenuts
03-17-2012, 04:49 PM
lol

Ceeker
03-17-2012, 05:00 PM
lol

I'm gonna let the last pm you sent slide. enlighten yourself a little; read the forum rules..;):moon:

328iInt.o
03-17-2012, 05:23 PM
mxbmlkmenuts sent me a pm telling me to go **** myself. Someone please ban this clown.

5style
03-17-2012, 05:39 PM
Ok thats it! Buddy, you're a clown. PS , the cluster you sold me WAS DEAD and tampered with. Good thing I only needed the glass from it.

There you go, thats for the retardedness you are posting.

Ceeker
03-17-2012, 05:40 PM
mxbmlkmenuts sent me a pm telling me to go **** myself. Someone please ban this clown.

yup I got the same thing. well looks like our wish came true. :-)

1bmw1
03-17-2012, 06:23 PM
I got an email from these guys as well. Just shows you the type of company these guys run.

Ceeker
03-17-2012, 06:32 PM
personally, I'd like to see this thread deleted it's one big waste of ink..lol oh and that includes my posts too..haha

1bmw1
03-17-2012, 08:17 PM
personally, I'd like to see this thread deleted it's one big waste of ink..lol oh and that includes my posts too..haha

i agree that this thread is junk, however the only reason i wouldn't want to see it go is to bring awareness of how this company operates.

Ceeker
03-17-2012, 08:33 PM
good point...but I don't think people are going to visit them much from here.

momax_powers
03-18-2012, 03:48 AM
At the beginning of this thread I could have possibly gone to this guy for something in the future, whether it were for a spare part or small job but after the foolishness this guy displayed, I definitely would not want a guy with an attitude like that working on anything of mine.

sexybimmer
03-23-2012, 08:43 AM
just came back from budy's auto. great service. good prices on new parts.
highly recommended.

dcramer
03-23-2012, 08:48 AM
Joined in March, 1 post ... hmmmmm look dude if you want to be taken seriously here, step up and become a sponsor, then advertise all you want.

sexybimmer
03-23-2012, 09:22 AM
maxbimmer is trying to create a monopoly on the bimmer parts game, by shutting out any comment from buddy's. i'm here to defend again these evil people.

sexybimmer
03-23-2012, 09:24 AM
this thread

sexybimmer
03-23-2012, 09:26 AM
delete thread.

sexybimmer
03-23-2012, 10:03 AM
momax powers is a troll.

troll= online punk

dcramer
03-23-2012, 11:21 AM
So here's the deal; contrary to popular belief the internet and this site is not free. The owner of maxbimmer actually has real expenses to keep the site running. If you as a business owner want to advertise to this very select market then you need to step up and help sponsor the site.

There is nothing evil about this. Maxbimmer provides you with a very qualified audience in return you pay for the privilege

1bmw1
03-23-2012, 11:47 AM
So here's the deal; contrary to popular belief the internet and this site is not free. The owner of maxbimmer actually has real expenses to keep the site running. If you as a business owner want to advertise to this very select market then you need to step up and help sponsor the site.

There is nothing evil about this. Maxbimmer provides you with a very qualified audience in return you pay for the privilege

+1. Well said.

buddy's auto, you are aware that each time you keep posting here, all it does is bump this thread right to the top again right? lol. fcplm

momax_powers
03-23-2012, 07:06 PM
this guy is a clown...sending me PMs calling me a bitch and cockroach. Opening a new account every time you get banned and shamelessly promoting yourself acting like a customer. Grow up buddy

Ceeker
03-23-2012, 07:45 PM
maxbimmer is trying to create a monopoly on the bimmer parts game, by shutting out any comment from buddy's. i'm here to defend again these evil people.

Hey did you just hatch "buddy?" what monopoly are you talking about? You wanna join in then get "buddy" to pay like all sponsors do to have their right to advertise on this site. if you or BUDDY are too cheap to comply then go elsewhere..nobody twisted your arm to come here. Furthermore, what makes you think after this fiasco anyone is going to want to bother with your BUDDY?
If anything you are giving BUDDY a bad name due to your lack of professionalism and maturity. If your representation of Buddy is what you consider on the up and up. man it's no wonder no one wants to deal with your BUDDY!!

SickFinga
03-23-2012, 09:48 PM
I find this thread hilarious. Reminds me of the PJC Autoworks

http://maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67280

Ceeker
03-23-2012, 09:50 PM
I find this thread hilarious. Reminds me of the PJC Autoworks

http://maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67280

oh I remember that...wow...yeah that was another fiasco!!

dcramer
03-24-2012, 09:15 AM
There's no sense banning him ... leave him unbanned, he's doing more damage to his business with every post. If anyone from this board ever went to see him now I would be amazed.

Ceeker
03-24-2012, 11:01 AM
There's no sense banning him ... leave him unbanned, he's doing more damage to his business with every post. If anyone from this board ever went to see him now I would be amazed.

Read the forum rules; there is a degree of respect that should be given to fellow patrons when it comes to interacting. this is something which he isn't doing. Aside from this, people can try and break rules but that doesn't mean they won't be enforced. Everyone is welcome here as long as they are reasonable and don't blatantly insult people. I don't see how this can be misconstrued?

dcramer
03-24-2012, 11:08 AM
I understand the rules. However there's some pure entertainment value in his self-destruction and he's just going to keep getting a new username anyway. Save the admin of the site from continually banning him

Ceeker
03-24-2012, 11:16 AM
they are working on other things.... if this is one of the ways you get entertainment? you clearly have to get out more...LOL

momax_powers
03-28-2012, 02:53 PM
Buddy needs a life

bmw.ae
04-03-2012, 03:43 AM
i wonder if thats actually buddy or if he's being sabotaged, seems cool in person lol...

Ceeker
04-03-2012, 11:42 AM
..one of his customers or someone with a vested interest in Buddys. so I would assume he knows..

bmw.ae
04-03-2012, 12:58 PM
thats a given, its sad

momax_powers
04-06-2012, 07:26 PM
a friend of mine needed a few parts and found that buddy had the best prices. he went there and had to go back 3 times to replace the same part he got from there..i believe it was a dash cluster. he told me the place looks so ghetto with parts laying around everywhere. everything looks like it was in bad, not working condition. On top of that the young guy who was helping him out had no clue what he was talking about....didnt know the difference between engines in different model years and was talking a whole lot of nonsense and bogus jargin. STAY AWAY...ive heard the old dude there is half decent.

Ceeker
04-06-2012, 08:08 PM
a friend of mine needed a few parts and found that buddy had the best prices. he went there and had to go back 3 times to replace the same part he got from there..i believe it was a dash cluster. he told me the place looks so ghetto with parts laying around everywhere. everything looks like it was in bad, not working condition. On top of that the young guy who was helping him out had no clue what he was talking about....didnt know the difference between engines in different model years and was talking a whole lot of nonsense and bogus jargin. STAY AWAY...ive heard the old dude there is half decent.

I've contacted bliss..best thing to do is just ignore him..he'll go away like the bears when you stop feeding them.