PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to Simplycars Oakville?

Jay22
02-04-2012, 09:22 PM
Did they go out of business??

Went by there and the shop was sealed, the stuff was gone, and there were re-possesion signs on the door from the landlord....anyone know what happened?

El Gato Liso
02-05-2012, 01:50 AM
They got ****in re-possessed by the mother ****in repo depot of repossesionnnnnnnnn

whaaaaaat.

Quack
02-05-2012, 12:35 PM
guess you didn't see this thread, apparently he sold the business

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148444&highlight=simplycars

Jay22
02-05-2012, 03:53 PM
^^
Thanks...didnt see that thread:)

But I think thats wrong....I dont think he sold the business...signs outside his shop were repossession signs and warnings that they had taken his stuff because he hadnt paid rent...lol....

Looks like he didnt pay his bills and the landlord booted him....there are new for rent signs there too from the owner of the property.

Weird to see him get into trouble like that. Guess you never know..

Soul_Rebel
02-05-2012, 05:14 PM
Was wondering myself. They did honest work at decent prices...thats too bad.

simplycars
03-02-2012, 09:04 PM
to clarify - business was sold to new owners, who bought the business and were to take over as of December 1st. They failed to secure lease transfer from the landlords and ended up getting into trouble with them. They are currently suing their real estate agent for loss of money and failing to complete the deal. The landlord then took over the entire shop with all the equipment and inventory. I am not involved in this situation as my legal obligations ended as of Nov.31st of 2011. The case between the new owners, real estate agent and landlord will be settled in court.

Thank you.

328iInt.o
03-14-2012, 07:27 PM
Simplycars was great. The guy scanned my abs light free of charge TWICE and even gave me pointers to diy.

To bad. I was really hoping to do some work to the e46 soon and would have loved him to do it.

E36is
03-24-2012, 07:36 AM
^^ still cant beat simplycars new parts cost. He got me 4 brand new rotors for my e30 for $100 cash deal!

Blackedout95
03-24-2012, 11:54 AM
I have been in real estate for 13 years and to hear a buyer paid you, closed the deal and was handed keys all without having secured a lease agreement with the landlord is mind blowing!

In fact having sold businesses where a new lease agreement or take over was required it was always a condition to the sale.

That realtor is in some very serious doo-doo, 100% perhaps not but a large majority. How anyone with a right mind would hand $$$$$$ over to you without evening knowing if they could keep the business going there is hard to understand.

There is NO WAY that deal should have closed prior to having worked out a new lease agreement with the landlord, no way, no how, something doesn't make sense.

E46Dude
04-04-2012, 08:18 PM
Damn....why u gotta close down shop just when my e46 hit the high kms George!:)

Anyway best of luck....Simplycars saved me lots of money and George and his Dad always did good honest work.