PDA

View Full Version : Dyno tune in GTA.

TheMadChigga
01-18-2012, 01:49 PM
Does anyone know who does custom dyno tune in GTA? I want to put some mods on the car in Spring and prefer to get it tune properly.

///Maluco
01-18-2012, 02:43 PM
I know this is a bit of a hike for you, but I had an excellent experience with Neetronics Tuning in Oakville.
Paul sorted out my car and I definitely recommend them to anyone whether you have a normally aspirated or boosted engine.

Speak to Paul or Andy
(416) 848-0653

Neetronics Tuning
559 Speers Rd.
Oakville Ontario L6K 2G4
Canada

BigD
01-18-2012, 02:58 PM
Sorry for the off-topic but what kind of mods? Unless you're doing forced or chemical induction, I wouldn't bother with tuning.

TheMadChigga
01-18-2012, 03:14 PM
Sorry for the off-topic but what kind of mods? Unless you're doing forced or chemical induction, I wouldn't bother with tuning.

The minor mods, manifolds, injectors etc etc, some folks got it dyno tuned and saw almost 20whp+ compare to before tune.

SiR
01-18-2012, 03:25 PM
http://www.dynamotorsports.ca/

Tony is a good guy and been around for a while.

Hes tuned a lot of things. Id at least shoot him an email and see if he can handle your platform.

neetronics is decent but hit or miss sometimes

Steve30
01-18-2012, 04:08 PM
why don't you check out MarkD? his tunes are probably the best around and I'm sure he can do custom tuning. He has access to the dyno at champion motors.

Sickbimmer
01-18-2012, 09:18 PM
Hey Sam how's things? Dyno tuning might not be worth it depending on all mods. You might pay $500-$1000 for that kind of tune.

1bmw1
01-18-2012, 09:49 PM
Like some suggested already. Just try and weigh out the $ over power that you might recieve, but like a lot of things, it's subjective.

A good local GTA BMW tuner is hard to find these days. I would give Tony a try like someone already suggested but I think he does mainly Jap stuff. He knows what he's doing though.

Steve30
01-18-2012, 09:51 PM
We are very lucky to have a local guy though. MarkD has tunes available for various BMW models. I've already spoken to him and he can do custom dyno tuning.
His site if you need info http://www.dsylva-tech.ca/

Like some suggested already. Just try and weigh out the $ over power that you might recieve, but like a lot of things, it's subjective.

A good local GTA BMW tuner is hard to find these days. I would give Tony a try like someone already suggested but I think he does mainly Jap stuff. He knows what he's doing though.

1bmw1
01-18-2012, 10:07 PM
he can do custom dyno tuning.
[/url]

Maybe 25 years ago on E30's. I wouldn't bother otherwise.

Steve30
01-18-2012, 10:10 PM
what makes you say that? he offers tunes for 135/335 e46 M3 etc... there are a few guys using his tune in e36's as well.

1bmw1
01-18-2012, 10:22 PM
what makes you say that? he offers tunes for 135/335 e46 M3 etc... there are a few guys using his tune in e36's as well.

I've heard one too many discouraging stories from his non-dyno, on the spot "tunes" on newer post E36 models. His lack of professionalism, and racist remarks over the past few years would make anyone shy away from his business. Anyways i'm not here to bash on a company. I made my opinion, and my suggestion, and anyone can take it for how they like.

TheMadChigga
01-19-2012, 11:10 AM
I know this is a bit of a hike for you, but I had an excellent experience with Neetronics Tuning in Oakville.
Paul sorted out my car and I definitely recommend them to anyone whether you have a normally aspirated or boosted engine.

Speak to Paul or Andy
(416) 848-0653

Neetronics Tuning
559 Speers Rd.
Oakville Ontario L6K 2G4
Canada

I wonder if there's enough people in GTA so we can do a GB on dynotune when all the cars are out? I remember last year Eurocharge did one for $500 for dyno tune.

Hey Sam how's things? Dyno tuning might not be worth it depending on all mods. You might pay $500-$1000 for that kind of tune.

Hey Fab, to be honest, there's not much choice, I really don't feel like plunking down $6k+ for supercharge kit, so for around $1000 to get 15-20hp is worth it for me.

///Maluco
01-19-2012, 11:52 AM
I wonder if there's enough people in GTA so we can do a GB on dynotune when all the cars are out? I remember last year Eurocharge did one for $500 for dyno tune.

I don't see why not. I believe some 'e46fanatics' were there on a Saturday in November for dyno runs. I don't know if they were tuning as well though.

vintagez
01-19-2012, 01:17 PM
Rob at Champion Motors has impressive set up and knows what he is talking about, worth a call, Eglinton and Vic Park area
www.championmotors.ca

TheMadChigga
01-19-2012, 01:33 PM
Hey guys, if we can get GB of dyno tune, how many of you would be down? its not for stand alones, only for oem DME's.

2bmw2
01-19-2012, 01:38 PM
I've heard one too many discouraging stories from his non-dyno, on the spot "tunes" on newer post E36 models. His lack of professionalism, and racist remarks over the past few years would make anyone shy away from his business. Anyways i'm not here to bash on a company. I made my opinion, and my suggestion, and anyone can take it for how they like.

So who told you these stories? Probably Jonny the Blazer? Why don't you actually talk to people who have his OBD-2 tunes instead of talking out your ass?

1bmw1
01-19-2012, 02:35 PM
So who told you these stories? Probably Jonny the Blazer? Why don't you actually talk to people who have his OBD-2 tunes instead of talking out your ass?

Wow, the truth must have hit a nerve. Jonny the Blazer eh?...uh ok. LOL! Whoever this "Jonny the Blazer" character is, i'm guessing he must have had the same experience that i keep hearing about lol.

...oh, and nice username.:cool:

Jon@Bimmersport
01-19-2012, 04:22 PM
Wow, the truth must have hit a nerve. Jonny the Blazer eh?...uh ok. LOL! Whoever this "Jonny the Blazer" character is, i'm guessing he must have had the same experience that i keep hearing about lol.

...oh, and nice username.:cool:

I guess he is refering to me. That's me jonny in the pic, with my blazer. :)

I guess the suddenly joining, new member "2bmw2" got upset at 1bmw1 so fast he could not think of a better way to hide it.

On the other hand, Sam...if I can set up a dyno time...and Karl@Active's time - would you want to make this happen?

SamE30e
01-19-2012, 08:01 PM
Hand's down, best tuner I've dealt with. Not sure if he's done a 540 before, I know he's done BMW's, but he get's it done.

http://www.innovativetuning.com/

richie_s999
01-20-2012, 06:33 AM
tuning is the touchy Max subject, Chigga what mods have you done that you are tunning for on the 5er?

NOTORIOUS VR
01-20-2012, 12:15 PM
http://www.dynamotorsports.ca/

Tony is a good guy and been around for a while.

Hes tuned a lot of things. Id at least shoot him an email and see if he can handle your platform.

neetronics is decent but hit or miss sometimes

please don't go to Tony... the crap that comes out of that shop is laughable.

bmwm5lover
01-20-2012, 12:27 PM
Hardly seems worth it to me. 1000$ for 20hp(MAYBE). Save ur pennies and superchage it.

sproule905
01-20-2012, 01:00 PM
I've been. Contact with a few M5 members ( albeit terry would join) to get our cars tunes at the same with with MarkD's software.

1000 for a 20 hp gain is useless... I believe Mark charges 500.

SiR
01-20-2012, 04:35 PM

explain....

and you could basically say this about ANY local "tuner"

fact is we dont have any great options here. never have

1bmw1
01-20-2012, 05:30 PM
fact is we dont have any great options here. never have

Exactly. At least in Ontario we don't...or i don't know of any.

bmwm5lover
01-20-2012, 07:40 PM
I've been. Contact with a few M5 members ( albeit terry would join) to get our cars tunes at the same with with MarkD's software.

1000 for a 20 hp gain is useless... I believe Mark charges 500.

I would be. He charges 300$ regularly (what he told me) so if he beats that, I am down as long as there is no raised redline.

///MPOWERED
01-30-2012, 04:28 AM

+1 Explain!

I've known Tony for several years. He know's what he is doing and has some very nice builds of his own. Tony is a very trustworthy guy that I find is truly interested in helping the Automotive performance/tuning industry.

I do know what you mean on some of the cars that are in and out of the shop, but keep in mind there are cars that come out of a lot of performance/tuning places that are "laughable"...... but that's what I like about Tony, he doesn't care if you have a 100K car or a junker car. Tony will work with whatever you bring him to satisfy your needs as his customer. If he can work with what you have to help you achieve the goals your after he'll do so. If your requesting for him to work magic that's just not possible with your budget, he'll let you know the best steps he can offer to help you reach your goals keeping your budget in mind.

ie. A few yrs ago I sent my family friend to Tony with a 1997 Volvo 850R 6spd manual (Custom conversion) . My friend wanted to do a custom full stand alonge Engine management system in the car, we did a full custom set up with a tubular top mount manifold, Garrett GT35R etc... We found the ECU to use from Haltech. Having no experience in customer wiring etc... (Was not plug and play) I approached Tony with the challenge, and even though Tony didn't have much experience tuning Volvo's at that time especially custom stand alone. Tony not only stepped up to the challenge to get the car up and running, but he got the car running on a SOLID tune. And he even did a custom air-to-water IC set up for the car too!!! Last time I got an update the car dyno'd around 700WHP with a built motor and bigger turbo.

*th-up*

JINT
01-30-2012, 11:07 AM

Mark has excellent tunes for OBD1 Cars, probably best on the market, his 97-98 540i tune is also very good, but for E36, E46 say 328's and 330's his tune is useless, it's about 300$ and it does pretty much f@ck@ll. We have dynoed several 330ci's with his tune and it shows mid range power increase by roughly 2-3hp. Up top there was no increase at all. I know most of us want the power up top if you got cams or other small mods, in this case you have to go with Turner, Jim confronti tunes, their power band is more less closer to the top.

Don't be expecting 25hp from a chip/tune no matter what company you use, even custom tuning, not gonna happen unless you have other things done to complement the tune, such as more fuel, larger throttle body(s), headers, etc.

TheMadChigga
01-30-2012, 12:10 PM
I would be. He charges 300$ regularly (what he told me) so if he beats that, I am down as long as there is no raised redline.

What about Active Auto's tune? apparently they are willing to do a GB price if we can get 5+ people.

2bmw2
01-31-2012, 06:16 PM
Mark has excellent tunes for OBD1 Cars, probably best on the market, his 97-98 540i tune is also very good, but for E36, E46 say 328's and 330's his tune is useless, it's about 300$ and it does pretty much f@ck@ll. We have dynoed several 330ci's with his tune and it shows mid range power increase by roughly 2-3hp. Up top there was no increase at all. I know most of us want the power up top if you got cams or other small mods, in this case you have to go with Turner, Jim confronti tunes, their power band is more less closer to the top.

Don't be expecting 25hp from a chip/tune no matter what company you use, even custom tuning, not gonna happen unless you have other things done to complement the tune, such as more fuel, larger throttle body(s), headers, etc.

Whose cars did you dyno? He has tunes that work well on just about any BMW, including the E46 M3 and all the latest turbo cars. have you even checked the tune he has for the S52 wiith cams designed by Paul Burke?

It turned out that a few E36's and early E46's were done and the tune actually didn't get flashed, this happened on cars which have both a round ADS interface and the OBD-2 interface. Those cars must be flashed over the ADS interface. I bet you have tested one of those cars that didn't come in for a reflash via the ADS connector.

JINT
02-04-2012, 11:56 AM
Whose cars did you dyno? He has tunes that work well on just about any BMW, including the E46 M3 and all the latest turbo cars. have you even checked the tune he has for the S52 wiith cams designed by Paul Burke?

It turned out that a few E36's and early E46's were done and the tune actually didn't get flashed, this happened on cars which have both a round ADS interface and the OBD-2 interface. Those cars must be flashed over the ADS interface. I bet you have tested one of those cars that didn't come in for a reflash via the ADS connector.

yeah that could be the case, one of the cars was a 2000 330ci, this was the car that the owner was very unhappy with the tune because the car became slower than it was prior to the tune.

2bmw2
02-04-2012, 07:50 PM
yeah that could be the case, one of the cars was a 2000 330ci, this was the car that the owner was very unhappy with the tune because the car became slower than it was prior to the tune.

I wonder if that owner contacted MarkD. He should have. Tell him to call MarkD and I'm sure his problem will be solved.

1bmw1
02-04-2012, 08:07 PM

Wow, you sure know a lot about flashing...almost as if you're Mark D himself!:idea: Don't take people as fools here. Who would make up an alias username "2bmw2" just to protect MarkD's name. Great business ethics!*th-up*

propr'one
02-05-2012, 12:13 AM
Paul @ splitfire can tune lots of aftermarket management systems. Last time i was there he actually took the time to teach me some shit too. I dont think he tunes stock ECU's though.

BMW Rated
02-05-2012, 02:06 AM
I've heard good things about Magnus Motorsports but I have no personal experience with them in terms of tuning, but you can give them a call after all that won't cost you anything to get information. Magnus Motosports 905.669.8400 Website: http://magnusmotorsports.com/

2bmw2
02-05-2012, 01:08 PM
Wow, you sure know a lot about flashing...almost as if you're Mark D himself!:idea: Don't take people as fools here. Who would make up an alias username "2bmw2" just to protect MarkD's name. Great business ethics!*th-up*

What's there to know about flashing? Any monkey with a $50 clone tool and hacked tools found on the internet can do it! *th-up*

But what do you know about MarkD? You seem to talk like you know all about him like you two were old friends!

JINT
02-05-2012, 01:29 PM
What's there to know about flashing? Any monkey with a $50 clone tool and hacked tools found on the internet can do it! *th-up*

But what do you know about MarkD? You seem to talk like you know all about him like you two were old friends!

actually you seem to talk about mark D as if you are the godfather of his kids :D

Bullet Ride
02-05-2012, 05:45 PM

If Mark didn't know what he was doing I can't imagine people from other countries would ask him to help tune their cars remotely. But they do. Also, he loaded one of his tunes into my fathers E39 M5 and it really woke the car up, it was noticeably better than the Dinan software that was in it.

I've spoken with Mark in person a few times over the past couple years and he was nothing but professional. When I got my chip from him he met me on a Saturday afternoon, he installed the chip for me, and let me drive my car around for a while to see how I liked it, if I didn't like it he'd put my stock chip back in. Even after I bought the chip he told me that if I wanted to upgrade to the 93 octane chip to let him know and he'd take back the 91 octane chip and give me a 93 octane chip free of charge.

1bmw1
02-05-2012, 08:13 PM
If Mark didn't know what he was doing I can't imagine people from other countries would ask him to help tune their cars remotely. But they do. Also, he loaded one of his tunes into my fathers E39 M5 and it really woke the car up, it was noticeably better than the Dinan software that was in it.

I've spoken with Mark in person a few times over the past couple years and he was nothing but professional. When I got my chip from him he met me on a Saturday afternoon, he installed the chip for me, and let me drive my car around for a while to see how I liked it, if I didn't like it he'd put my stock chip back in. Even after I bought the chip he told me that if I wanted to upgrade to the 93 octane chip to let him know and he'd take back the 91 octane chip and give me a 93 octane chip free of charge.

Glad it worked out for you. Myself and MANY other E90 guys wouldn't risk our cars with his "tunes".

In my opinion, "2bmw2" should be banned by the mods instead of allowing MarkD to undermine the members by making up alias usernames for himself. Again, poor professionality and poor business ethics. Doesn't care about anyone or anything but himself.

2bmw2
02-06-2012, 08:21 AM
Glad it worked out for you. Myself and MANY other E90 guys wouldn't risk our cars with his "tunes".

The fact is, there are many happy N54 owners in Toronto running his tunes, and you won't find a single one who is unhappy. You are probably complaining because you can't get it on a group buy for $400 like all the other "deals" the e90 guys look for.

Bullet Ride
02-06-2012, 09:24 AM

Care to elaborate? What is it about a MarkD E90 tune that's riskier than tunes from other businesses?

SiR
02-06-2012, 10:24 AM
why do threads with Mark D always turn into this?

it never fails. everytime.

Bullet Ride
02-06-2012, 12:04 PM
why do threads with Mark D always turn into this?

it never fails. everytime.

It beats me. Some people seem to have a beef with him but they never fully substantiate why that is.

Jon@Bimmersport
02-06-2012, 01:03 PM
The fact is, there are many happy N54 owners in Toronto running his tunes, and you won't find a single one who is unhappy. You are probably complaining because you can't get it on a group buy for $400 like all the other "deals" the e90 guys look for.

Not all E90 guys are cheap, how you're making it out to be.

By the way guys, I am hosting a sale on many products...which include software. Check it out here (http://maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1547434#post1547434)

NOTORIOUS VR
02-06-2012, 03:29 PM
+1 Explain!

He takes money from people, "tunes" their cars but the tune is crap... dyno sheets are made up/altered... cars make less power after they come out of that shop when going in.

abattoir
02-10-2012, 04:28 PM
Hey guys, thought I'd weigh on on this one. I'm more active on the e90post forum but Mark has tuned my '08 335xi coupe to great effect. With his software tune, the best way to describe the increase is to imagine 200 lbs shaved from your car. The acceleration and response is much more quicker, especially in the lower RPM range. The added bonus of the tune has given me better fuel mileage as long as I'm not driving like a maniac.

In terms of dealing with Mark, he's been a class act all the way. When I first had him upgrade my software, I discovered a crack in my intercooler that limited any gains from his tune. He had no problems removing the tune until I got the problem corrected and didn't charge me a penny.

Anyone who'd like to see the tune in person can feel free to PM as I'm in the Toronto area. No error codes have been thrown and he customizes based on any mods you have added (larger intercooler, charge pipe and down pipes for me). Let's step away from the bashing and let the tunes do the talking.

- James