PDA

View Full Version : Finally nice weather...

InfiniteDice
01-13-2012, 11:15 AM
Now if only the idiots who can't drive would stay off the road!

Seriously I passed like 50 people doing like 45 on the highway. If I can safely drive 120 in my ancient automobile surely they can do that in their ultra-advanced modern cars that are 'better' in every way... :)

I love bringing that up over and over again, it's like a hobby for me.

SiR
01-13-2012, 12:45 PM
you managed to get up to 45 on the highway?
it was bumper to bumper snooze fest (mostly stopped) in the city here(west end)

T.Dot_E30
01-13-2012, 12:48 PM
GO train was on time, did a nice long drift in the empty parking lot before parking. It was fun watching the suckers stuck on the highway though.

Havok_2011
01-13-2012, 01:53 PM
Longest drive to work ever this morning :(

Most of the people on the road had rubber that can't handle a little snow and ice.

325isdan
01-13-2012, 02:11 PM
OMG 1cm of snow!!! Call in the army!!!!

InfiniteDice
01-13-2012, 02:33 PM
you managed to get up to 45 on the highway?
it was bumper to bumper snooze fest (mostly stopped) in the city here(west end)

Luckily for part of the drive (QEW) I was able to get up to about 100. I didn't feel any loss of traction except maybe busting the buildup changing lanes... People must feel pretty bad getting passed in their AWD traction controlled vehicles, by some old BMW.

Then again you guys haven't seen my tractor tires, I'm not getting stuck any day soon.

I'm gonna have some fun a parking lot later. :) :) :)

P.S. They're not really tractor tires, that's what I call them.

bmwm5lover
01-13-2012, 02:40 PM
I was over an hour late myself. Ridiculous.

SiR
01-13-2012, 03:30 PM
I turned around and went home .
work from home ftw

Havok_2011
01-13-2012, 03:45 PM
I turned around and went home .
work from home ftw

That's cheating!!!! :D

Bullet Ride
01-13-2012, 03:48 PM
OMG 1cm of snow!!! Call in the army!!!!

It wasn't the snow, it was the ice, the roads looked bare but they were a skating rink, plus there was some gusting winds which doesn't help if you're driving a truck or van. I work in a small town so I have to take rural roads and they were really slick because not many people drive on them. I had no decent traction until 3 or 4 gear and I had to brake lightly otherwise the front wheels would lock up. Couple those conditions with tard drivers... 60+ accidents later... I'm sure insurance companies are looking forward to policy renewals next year*wave*

Havok_2011
01-13-2012, 03:54 PM
It wasn't the snow, it was the ice, the roads looked bare but they were a skating rink, plus there was some gusting winds which doesn't help if you're driving a truck or van. I work in a small town so I have to take rural roads and they were really slick because not many people drive on them. I had no decent traction until 3 or 4 gear and I had to brake lightly otherwise the front wheels would lock up. Couple those conditions with tard drivers... 60+ accidents later... I'm sure insurance companies are looking forward to policy renewals next year*wave*

Very true, at first it looked like not much was on the ground this morning, but it was a nice solid layer of ice/snow. I had trouble getting traction in 1st/2nd gear as well even with my winters.

People without the proper rubber this morning got screwed. Ha...no pun intended.

InfiniteDice
01-13-2012, 04:42 PM
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mroberts4/winterwheels.jpg

I scrubbed them down good and painted them with appliance enamel white.

limenuke
01-13-2012, 04:49 PM
Why would anyone feel bad about being passed by an older car? Not everyone is competitive...in fact, they'll probably just think you're the one being reckless. No need to bloat your egos :).

InfiniteDice
01-13-2012, 04:57 PM
That's a valid point! :)

But don't they also like to Gloat... I have an AWD car! It's the BEST in snow... and it's so new and shiny... and it's better. New cars are always better. I paid more for mine... It's worth more so it's better!

So why not drive it at a decent speed then. I can coast down a hill on a bike faster than these people can drive their award winning traction inducing computer controlled partially automated transportation appliance in a tiny bit of snow.

Yes they are pretty much becoming an appliance, soon you'll get in... and sleep on your way to work while the autobot drives. "we're arriving at your destination sir! I hope you had a pleasant trip".

Drive the damn car, or take a bus!

Can't you tell I'm in a good mood today :)

InfiniteDice
01-13-2012, 05:05 PM
"Sir the snowfall on the roadway is now 3" high, shall I operate at bicycle speeds to increase safety?"

Yes autobot... enable bicycle speed!

limenuke
01-14-2012, 02:27 AM
That's a valid point! :)

But don't they also like to Gloat... I have an AWD car! It's the BEST in snow... and it's so new and shiny... and it's better. New cars are always better. I paid more for mine... It's worth more so it's better!

So why not drive it at a decent speed then. I can coast down a hill on a bike faster than these people can drive their award winning traction inducing computer controlled partially automated transportation appliance in a tiny bit of snow.

Yes they are pretty much becoming an appliance, soon you'll get in... and sleep on your way to work while the autobot drives. "we're arriving at your destination sir! I hope you had a pleasant trip".

Drive the damn car, or take a bus!

Can't you tell I'm in a good mood today :)

That's exactly what I'm saying. I don't know people who gloat actively, unlike the people on this forum. My parents own an AWD lexus RX. They never ever talk of it. They enjoy the comfort of the car and that's about it. Most drivers aren't car enthusiasts, let alone competitive people. That more accurately describes the 16-25 age group...

lucad2
01-14-2012, 02:33 AM
took me 2 hours to get from Woodbridge to Yorkdale. The 400 was james packed probably the fastest I went was 30 and the 401 was another nightmare. crazy commute this morning

blk3
01-14-2012, 02:52 AM
2hrs late for work for me, thanks to tards that cant drive. when i got to the 407 it was empty. got across the top of the city in no time. 401? i can walk faster

Ceeker
01-14-2012, 09:05 AM
so,,, it is true then...weather seems to be the most common subject of discussion to most. lol.. the Toronto forecast was mild in comparison to east of hear. My friend drove to Kingston and didn't get their ti'll 3pm. On her route she spotted two tractor trailers; one on it's side in the ditch and the other jack knifed. it was also noted the east of Toronto was going to be hit hard...I guess that is proof enough. Toronto is mild in most cases, it's everyone else surrounding us that gets punished..lol

As for driving in "bad weather?" use discretion...? I never got stuck with my e30 except on one occasion when I had cheapy winter tires on. I don't have AWD. I suppose it comes down to two things. Driving experience - in all weather conditions and knowing your vehicle. How many can honestly say they have both? Believe me I'm not one to gloat..just a statement....

bmwm5lover
01-14-2012, 11:53 AM
That's exactly what I'm saying. I don't know people who gloat actively, unlike the people on this forum. My parents own an AWD lexus RX. They never ever talk of it. They enjoy the comfort of the car and that's about it. Most drivers aren't car enthusiasts, let alone competitive people. That more accurately describes the 16-25 age group...

Very true, not sure what the OP is going on about.

paddyhong
01-14-2012, 03:48 PM
Visibility limited to 3 feet in front of your headlights? Sure, I'd drive like a granny. But when it's light rain during the summer and your going 30 in a 60 zone, please stay off the road and stop being a hazard to yourself and everyone else around you. Going slow does not mean your driving safe.

damameke
01-14-2012, 05:31 PM
Visibility limited to 3 feet in front of your headlights? Sure, I'd drive like a granny. But when it's light rain during the summer and your going 30 in a 60 zone, please stay off the road and stop being a hazard to yourself and everyone else around you. Going slow does not mean your driving safe.

I dont understand your complain about peole driving at 30 when it is a 60 km zone..people wil drive within their comfort zone. and if it is a 2 lane or 3 lane highway. and if you look further down.. you will know which lane to use ....
and you will zip by that slower car..

peole just think that they are one hell of a good driver or just love to complain about others driving habit...we all have our fault.. really...

paddyhong
01-14-2012, 09:42 PM
I dont understand your complain about peole driving at 30 when it is a 60 km zone..people wil drive within their comfort zone. and if it is a 2 lane or 3 lane highway. and if you look further down.. you will know which lane to use ....
and you will zip by that slower car..

peole just think that they are one hell of a good driver or just love to complain about others driving habit...we all have our fault.. really...

I'm a decent driver. Never said I was a godly driver.

Like I said, driving excessively slower than the speed limit poses a hazard not to only yourself but everyone around you. Of course, if weather conditions are horrid, everyone's going slow. That's why people do get issued a ticket for going too slow. I think it's called obstruction of traffic or something along those lines. Most people don't look at the traffic ahead and once they see the car going 30 in a 60 zone, they'll try to pass them by changing lanes and more often than not, unsafely, which poses a hazard. I'm sure you see this on a daily as do most of us.

Doing the above on the highway is even more dangerous. People do that either have their licenses literally given to them or they pay for them, which has happened. But licenses being handed out like pamphlets are another topic. I'm sure many of us have many, many stories.

Comfort zone? So you're telling me that if you go half the speed limit during your driving exam and you tell the examiner that this is your 'comfort zone', it's okay? I wasn't accelerating fast enough during the first part of my G test. I had to literally floor it before he would stop yelling "come on! Let's go! It's a 90 zone here!"

The road is shared. People can't be selfish and basically cause accidents for poor driving skills.

Sirjetblack
01-15-2012, 12:42 PM
If you decide to go 30 in a 60 zone,( u should give urself head a shake) you should lose your license n make you sign up for young drivers of Canada!!!!!
COmfort zone!!!?!?!!?! Hahahahhahaha.

Dr. Flyview
01-15-2012, 02:08 PM
Hmmmm. I left for Waterloo late that morning, 9:40am. Looks like that was a good thing as I missed most of the traffic. It still took me half an hour more than usual, but once I passed Mississauga it was fine. People were going 60 and I was like wtf main, but when I realized my the rear end was breaking loose from engine braking alone, I realized we were skating on four tires. The left lane was just a sheet of ice. Try and accelerate too fast and you were immediately sideways. Fun :)

HavocSteve
01-16-2012, 11:49 PM
Funny, here in Ottawa we got 10-15cm snow then plunged to -33 with windchill the next 2 days. Now tomorrow is another 10cm of snow...

Toronto would just stop with this weather lol.

5style
01-25-2012, 05:04 PM
i drove up to Ottawa in this, highway was ICE, cars rolled over, in ditches, im doing 105, on all seasons, NO PROBLEM! tho i am very heavy due to equipment :P, still i was laughing!

richie_s999
01-26-2012, 06:51 AM
Most useless pat myself on the back float my ego justify what car I drive think I'm a hipster cause I drive an old car thread so far this year.

FelixT
01-30-2012, 03:25 PM
is winter gone already or still hasnt come...