PDA

View Full Version : speeedo help please :(

ore0_dustin
01-09-2012, 06:05 PM
Okay So I have a 91 e30 325i sedan.

When I got the car, the cluster was working, but the speedo and economy were in and out all the time but the tach was always working but off by 2-3000 rpms

So i took out the motometer cluster, and replaced it with a VDO cluster. Everything was working perfect, except the gas gauge. So the drove the car for an hour with speedo and everything working except the gas gauge. So anyways i swapped the gas gauge from the other cluster into this working cluster, gas gauge now works fine too.

However after replaceing the gas gauge on the cluster i left the car over night and this morning, back to original issue. No speedo no economy gauge.

Anyways So i've tried both speedos swapped em back and forth a couple times.. nothing works....

how can i test the speed sensor on the diff? to make sure its sending signal??

Input help anyone????

Ceeker
01-09-2012, 06:25 PM
pm sent

E30M42cab
01-09-2012, 07:07 PM
pm sent

You got this one duder?

ore0_dustin
01-09-2012, 07:45 PM
what are your thoughts? I know that both of these speedos work. The one I just bought worked the whole way home from toronto, (1hour) and the only thing I did was change the fuel gauge, but i doubt that i harmed something inside the unit because its doing the same thing as the other cluster. No speed/economy.

Blades
01-09-2012, 08:27 PM
I thought this was going to be a thread of you stuck in one speedo size to small. I was going to say that's what you get for giving your balls azema

E30M42cab
01-10-2012, 05:55 PM
I'd play with your diff sensor. It's probably all dirty and corroded.

Ceeker
01-10-2012, 08:22 PM
I'd play with your diff sensor. It's probably all dirty and corroded.

that's what I told him.. :D