PDA

View Full Version : Just bought an '89 325iX - anyone know the car?

Kristina
01-03-2012, 01:57 PM
Hey all,

My boyfriend and I just picked up (aka rescued) a 1989 325iX. Curious if anyone knows the car as someone clearly loved the poor thing at some point - full Racing Dynamics kit, BBS wheels, m3 badges, mirror and steering wheel (yeah yeah I know lol) stainless exhaust, etc etc... guy we got it from didn't have a clue and hadn't done any of the mods, he said he had it for 2ish years.

It currently only drives in reverse - from research it looks like it could be the input shaft seals as there was some fluid leaking but no grinding noise or metal shards etc, goes into gear fine but won't go anywhere. If anyone else has any thoughts or experience with this please lmk!

Some crappy pics -

http://imgc.classistatic.com/cps/kjc/111216/943r1/4012dhi_20.jpeg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/392759_10100833676233222_28110151_65059861_1187454 5_n.jpg

http://imgc.classistatic.com/cps/kjc/111216/945r1/4746588_20.jpeg

Robb
01-03-2012, 02:11 PM
Not really a desireable E30 Model.. it's auto, 4 door and an IX 4WD model.
Good winter beater since it's 4wd.

Looks as though it needs some TLC. These can be money pits though.

How much did you pay ?

BMW BMXer
01-03-2012, 02:22 PM
Lol Rob, nice warm welcome. :rolleyes:

Robb
01-03-2012, 02:24 PM
Lol Rob, nice warm welcome. :rolleyes:

LoL.. *angel*

It is what it is..

Mystikal
01-03-2012, 02:33 PM
Not really a desireable E30 Model.. it's auto, 4 door and an IX 4WD model.
Good winter beater since it's 4wd.

Looks as though it needs some TLC. These can be money pits though.

How much did you pay ?

Is the guy with multiple 80's Hondas really trying to tell someone about desirability? You clearly subscribe to your own concept of what desire is, so maybe let someone else do the same.

Robb
01-03-2012, 02:35 PM
yes.. that me

speaking of 80's honda's....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/most-Amazing-CRX-Original-documented-miles-1owner-/180787564678?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2a17c75086#ht_22502wt_994

http://bringatrailer.com/2012/01/02/52k-mile-1989-honda-crx-si/

BMW BMXer
01-03-2012, 02:42 PM
All well and good Rob, however I suggested Kristina join here for info on her e30 not to be told it isn't desirable.

I mean I had a 4 door eta and wasn't welcomed this way and I didn't have a full RD kit or paint that looked near as good.

When was the last time someone new joined with an IX?

Kristina
01-03-2012, 02:42 PM
I'm not bothered about the desirability - just love the e30 style and got it for a steal since it's not working right :) it does need some TLC but it's with the right owners for that.

Kristina
01-03-2012, 02:44 PM
Auto isn't my preference either, but a manual swap would be in order at some point if the opportunity presented itself.

Axxe
01-03-2012, 03:04 PM
Well, if the car goes in reverse and not forward, it would appear that the opportunity to convert to 5spd has just presented itself.

Also, welcome to max, my girlfriend saw me looking at the white ix auto posted up for sale earlier today (black hood, white grill), and said "I want that!" Good luck with this one.

egye30
01-03-2012, 03:23 PM
Hey, i know this car.. Its from hamilton i believe, My brothers went to look at it last year (or the year before), it was up for sale, the guy (Alan) thought the thing was a damn m3 or something cuz he was asking waaaay to much for it at the time, They said the racing dynamics body kit was cracked and the car sounded like death when they test drove, my brother originally intended to buy it but when he saw he suggested i buy it for parts for mine. A couple of months later i saw that he still had it so i messaged the guy to see if he was maybe interested in selling me some parts off it, in exchange of cash and my original parts in case he still wanted to keep the car whole, he took that as an insult saying how he "loves his e30 with the 'm3 headlights', the racing dynamics body kit and the m3 wheel too much to sell the parts, im probably just gonna keep it and fix it" so i replied that it would be his loss, and that all those parts would probably look better on my e30 than that beat down iX he's got anyway. He wasnt very pleased.. lol. So fast forward a few more months and my brother points out the car up for sale again (my brother looks for e30s on daily basis almost lol) and we have a good laugh at it because this time he was asking less than a third of what he had asked when my brother test drove it which seemed alot more fair of a price for that car, but he probably would have made that much and more if he sold me some of his parts and sold the car. I considered buying it as a beater changing the tranny and ripping the good parts off and putting them on my summer e30, but that seemed too hard to accomplish with my other donor car (e36) sitting around and taking up space as well, i figured i might as well sort out my swap project first before taking on more, and its been for sale since then, but i suppose its found a good home now. My advice: if you find too many things wrong with it when you start fixin her up, you could make what you paid back if you just part it out, and if that happens PM me i might be interested in something lol Good luck! welcome aboard

egye30
01-03-2012, 03:29 PM
Well, if the car goes in reverse and not forward, it would appear that the opportunity to convert to 5spd has just presented itself.

Also, welcome to max, my girlfriend saw me looking at the white ix auto posted up for sale earlier today (black hood, white grill), and said "I want that!" Good luck with this one.

The one with M colors on the grill? Car looks to be in beautiful shape, but damn that grill is ugly dont you think? lol

Axxe
01-03-2012, 03:32 PM
^ Yeah, but it can be easily fixed. 20 mins and all better ;)

Bullet Ride
01-03-2012, 03:43 PM
The one with M colors on the grill? Car looks to be in beautiful shape, but damn that grill is ugly dont you think? lol

In the 80's it was hip to colour match the grills on your E30 with the colour of the car.

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh47/archiesicecream/004_4.jpg

I'm not that familiar with the E30 autotragic transmission but it could be the oil filter in the transmission. I've heard that when they get blocked up it can prevent the transmission from shifting. Could also be a broken/damaged shift linkage.

Kristina
01-03-2012, 03:47 PM
Hey, i know this car.. Its from hamilton i believe, My brothers went to look at it last year (or the year before), it was up for sale, the guy (Alan) thought the thing was a damn m3 or something cuz he was asking waaaay to much for it at the time, They said the racing dynamics body kit was cracked and the car sounded like death when they test drove, my brother originally intended to buy it but when he saw he suggested i buy it for parts for mine. A couple of months later i saw that he still had it so i messaged the guy to see if he was maybe interested in selling me some parts off it, in exchange of cash and my original parts in case he still wanted to keep the car whole, he took that as an insult saying how he "loves his e30 with the 'm3 headlights', the racing dynamics body kit and the m3 wheel too much to sell the parts, im probably just gonna keep it and fix it" so i replied that it would be his loss, and that all those parts would probably look better on my e30 than that beat down iX he's got anyway. He wasnt very pleased.. lol. So fast forward a few more months and my brother points out the car up for sale again (my brother looks for e30s on daily basis almost lol) and we have a good laugh at it because this time he was asking less than a third of what he had asked when my brother test drove it which seemed alot more fair of a price for that car, but he probably would have made that much and more if he sold me some of his parts and sold the car. I considered buying it as a beater changing the tranny and ripping the good parts off and putting them on my summer e30, but that seemed too hard to accomplish with my other donor car (e36) sitting around and taking up space as well, i figured i might as well sort out my swap project first before taking on more, and its been for sale since then, but i suppose its found a good home now. My advice: if you find too many things wrong with it when you start fixin her up, you could make what you paid back if you just part it out, and if that happens PM me i might be interested in something lol Good luck! welcome aboard

Could be the same car then because it is from the Hamilton area - however the guy wasn't Alan and doesn't sound like the same guy at all because the guy we got it from didn't seem to know anything ("I don't know why it won't drive, maybe the engine or transmission" - lol). Maybe the Alan guy owned it and then sold it to our guy who sold it to us? The only other thing that doesn't make sense is the kit isn't cracked and seems to run great now... hmmm.

And yes - we bought it because either it's a cheap fix and therefore a fun beater/winter car OR we part it/scrap it and make our money back - no biggie. lol.

jello_g
01-03-2012, 04:12 PM
Hi Kristina, welcome to Max.... I once had an 89 ix auto 4-dr just like yours... accumulated well over 300K and loved every moment of it despite its' shortcomings.

Kristina
01-03-2012, 04:14 PM
Thanks :) it definitely looks like a blast to drive, hope we can get her going...

lvan
01-03-2012, 04:15 PM
Lol funny read. Btw what kind of flag would that be? Anyhow welcome aboard.

Kristina
01-03-2012, 04:18 PM
That's a great question, I don't have a clue, old owners not mine. lol

Bullet Ride
01-03-2012, 04:23 PM
Just so you don't get too distracted by the 80's glam E30, I did include a suggestion about the transmission below the image.

Kristina
01-03-2012, 04:29 PM
Ah yes - I see that now. that could definitely also be the case. Linkage I think should be fine, we have it up on the hoist and it is clicking through the gears and three wheels (weirdly) are turning in drive when it's in the air...

Can the trans oil filter be done without pulling it out? we sort of want to avoid that if we can, but looks like there's no getting around it.

does anyone also know if there is a way to test the input shaft seals and/or the clutch pack without dropping the trans?

Ceeker
01-03-2012, 04:39 PM
your tranny pan has to drop to change the filter.
if you see oil leaking from the input shaft then the seal is gone. if difficult to tell then you need to degrease and pressure wash the under belly of the car and then wait to see any fresh oil drip down. At any rate regardless, you are most probably in for a tranny rebuild. and in this case needs to be removed. And as suggested; consider swapping a 5sp in.
yes there is a way of testing...you just did it...if it doesn't shift...your tranny is smoked.
you have reverse gear and that means time for rebuild.
not uncommon for seal to leak after many miles.

3 wheels turn due to the all wheel drive set up. once on the ground it will apply drive to the wheel which has traction but all should be moving if the transfer case is solid. you can do the jack test in reverse once on the ground to see if your transfer case is functional.

oh, forgot to mention. the transfer case and tranny are different between the IX auto and 5sp. you will need to swap this as well along with a different drive shaft. lets just say it isn't an easy job. :-)

Kristina
01-03-2012, 05:01 PM
I'll have to look at the input shaft area again.

The tranny does shift, just doesn't put power to the wheels.

Interesting about the transfer case thing & three wheels... will have to check that, thanks

I knew about the tcase & different length driveshaft for the 5sp swap - will any e30 5sp trans fit?

Ceeker
01-03-2012, 05:05 PM
I'll have to look at the input shaft area again.

The tranny does shift, just doesn't put power to the wheels.

Interesting about the transfer case thing & three wheels... will have to check that, thanks

I knew about the tcase & different length driveshaft for the 5sp swap - will any e30 5sp trans fit?

if you are NOT getting power to the wheels then you have a transmission problem. I know you're hoping it is just minor..but e30 auto trans are rather fragile if beat on for any length of time. especially when neglected.

no, the transmission and transfer case are IX specific. ONLY another IX transmission will fit unless you plan on converting the entire driveline to 2 wheel drive e30. and I don't think you want to do that..LOL

if you plan on getting a shop to do this be prepared to spend a king's ransom and make sure it is a shop which is bmw specific that has familiarity with this model car.

Kristina
01-03-2012, 05:10 PM
Yeah for sure it is a trans problem, I just meant it is physically shifting into gear - have dealt with cars that won't go in or grind/jam.

OK so I'd need to get a 5sp trans/t-case out of another iX if I did the 5sp swap. And no not interested in a 2wd conversion lol.

Ceeker
01-03-2012, 05:13 PM
Yeah for sure it is a trans problem, I just meant it is physically shifting into gear - have dealt with cars that won't go in or grind/jam.

OK so I'd need to get a 5sp trans/t-case out of another iX if I did the 5sp swap. And no not interested in a 2wd conversion lol.

auto's will shift unlike a 5sp where it will jam. you have worn clutches or loss of hydrolic pressure.

yes, a t-case and tranny from 5sp. along with pedals, brake res. slave cyl. pressure plate, clutch, flywheel. lines and drive shaft. not entirely sure about the axles from the t-case to the diff. those might be the same.

Kristina
01-03-2012, 05:16 PM
Oh really! Shows you how much I know about auto transmissions, everything I've ever owned is manual lol. I learned something new...

I think axles are the same but will double check. may or may not be worth the money/trouble for the full 5sp swap.

T.Dot_E30
01-03-2012, 05:22 PM
Welcome to max....

But i'm afraid unless you find a cheap auto somewhere, this will become a parts car, iX 5spd parts are not exactly easy to find. Unless of course you wanted to dump money into it, then yea a 5spd swap is possible.

Ceeker
01-03-2012, 05:24 PM
Oh really! Shows you how much I know about auto transmissions, everything I've ever owned is manual lol. I learned something new...

I think axles are the same but will double check. may or may not be worth the money/trouble for the full 5sp swap.

I have both available and a good working auto tranny..the cheaper route is to just swap a good used auto back in.

Ceeker
01-03-2012, 05:31 PM
oh, and unlike some of the comments on here. good working IX models are rare and desirable; with a working maintained transfer case and drive line. because the t-case is known to grenade from neglect and abuse it makes the car harder to find in good condition and therefore people won't spend the $ to fix them and end up parting out. But if you have one that is in really nice shape..don't strip and scrap it. Fix it or sell to someone who will fix it.

supernaught
01-03-2012, 06:05 PM
I've been watching that iX for a long time, it has changed hands a couple of times in the last 2 years. I seem to remember there being a problem with the transfercase as well, but not sure. Only a jacktest will tell for sure, and you can't do that until you have some forward movement.
The trans problem sounds like bad clutch pack or low pressure. If you top it right up, does it leak badly? Will it move? easiest thing to do is swap in a replacement auto trans and keep going. But what happens when you then find out the VC is bad?

turning 3 wheels in air is not a sure sign the VC is good though. There is a bench test that is not well documented or there is the jack test, which is definite.

My DD iX is great, and its an auto. It still handles better than any other car I've owned, and is better in the snow.

I was actually going to pick that thing up to part it, but you beat me to it. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

edit: and the 5spd/auto rear DS is the same.

Ceeker
01-03-2012, 08:22 PM
one thing else I forgot to mention. the front and rear difs are different ratio. Mind you, you might get tonnes of fun out of the 4:10 with a 5sp instead of the 3:90.

Bullet Ride
01-04-2012, 01:20 AM
Just buy the auto iX that Boxer2 is selling and keep your car for parts :)

davericher20
01-04-2012, 01:40 AM

This.

Welcome to max.

Kristina
01-04-2012, 10:39 AM
That would be a really great idea but we have like 3 other projects on the go right now and some paying jobs out in the shop so not much time - but we'll see.

Went out last night to see if I could figure where it's leaking/leaked from but couldn't tell, too much all over - sprayed it off and will go out again today to see...

E30M42cab
01-04-2012, 02:18 PM

This. Sort of. Boxer2 (Rene) would be a great guy to answer some questions about IX specific stuff. PM him if you really get stumped... or need another transmission.

supernaught
01-04-2012, 09:59 PM
something else to note, the auto trans is not ix specific, only the rear part of the case is. The rest of the trans is your regular old off the shelf 4hp22h/4hp22eh. It's simpler to replace with a full sealed trans, but if it comes down to it, the rear cap can be swapped onto an auto trans from a rwd e30. The difference to look for is whether its an h or eh.

Kristina
01-05-2012, 11:14 PM
We did the jack test tonight (in reverse - with the front jacked up) - and assuming that it is the same as doing it in drive, the car failed :( drivers side front wheel does not move at all.

So now we know the transfer case is cooked - is it possible that the transmission is still good?

Kristina
01-05-2012, 11:15 PM
something else to note, the auto trans is not ix specific, only the rear part of the case is. The rest of the trans is your regular old off the shelf 4hp22h/4hp22eh. It's simpler to replace with a full sealed trans, but if it comes down to it, the rear cap can be swapped onto an auto trans from a rwd e30. The difference to look for is whether its an h or eh.

Thanks, this is great info to have...

supernaught
01-05-2012, 11:21 PM
well ideally having the back end up on a rolling jack is best. with the front end up, and one of the front wheels turning, you are basically simulating the same test as removing the front DS and trying to drive. If the VC is bad with the front DS removed, the car will not move. If the VC is good, even with the front DS removed or both wheels in the air, it should send torque to the rear wheels.
What you have now is an open center diff.

Kristina
01-06-2012, 01:23 PM
I've read this many times now but my brain doesn't work... soooo this doesn't prove the transfer case is bad? and so the VC is a part of the transfer case, yes?

supernaught
01-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Sorry about that. Your test does suggest the VC(viscous coupling) in the TC is bad. There are a few different tests you can do, but the rear-end-up jack test is the most trusted.
Yours is a different kind, but basically says the same thing.
Another way to tell is checking the TC fluid itself for some of the silicone that leaks out of a failed VC

MaxBell
01-07-2012, 05:49 AM
That's a cool looking car for sure. The iXs are neat E30s for sure, my friend has got 4 here in Ottawa, of which one is good and the others feed its greedy face with parts!

Welcome to max!

Ceeker
01-07-2012, 08:38 AM
I've read this many times now but my brain doesn't work... soooo this doesn't prove the transfer case is bad? and so the VC is a part of the transfer case, yes?

the VC is a clutch pack inside that locks up to transfer torque to the various wheels. It is difficult to tell in your case because the jack test is done to see if the front wheels are active. Whatever wheel doesn't have traction is transferred to the wheel which does. Since 30% of the torque is only transferred to the front wheels. This is a 70/30 ratio AWD. not a true AWD but still. When these are neglected a few things can happen. the clutches wear out - causing slipping. the chain inside snaps or the front axle shaft spline strips. Considering the transmission has failed. due to neglect. I would suspect the TC is also gone. BUT not necessarily. So, You'll probably have to take the tranny out anyway and inspect the transfer case too.

supernaught
01-07-2012, 07:17 PM
nice meeting you today Kristina, did you find a filter kit or get a look at the fluid?

Kristina
01-07-2012, 11:11 PM
It was great meeting you too!

We decided to take the pan off and look at the filter to see what it looked like - did that and everything looked great, fluid was a good colour, nothing in it, and the filter looked really clean & good. We concluded that it's probably NOT a clogged filter because of that - and therefore it's something more serious within the tranny itself.

We also did the jack test with the back jacked up and in reverse - fail :( rear wheels are spinning way faster than the front.

So now knowing that the transfer case and transmission will need likely total overhauls or replacement - we've decided to part the car out. We just aren't looking to invest that much money in it at this time.

I will be listing stuff over the next bit - if there is anything anyone is interested in from this car, PM me!

Robb
01-07-2012, 11:13 PM
we've decided to part the car out.

Good call.....

supernaught
01-07-2012, 11:15 PM
shitty news, sent pm

Eurostyle
01-08-2012, 12:22 AM
Good call.....

If the body wasnt rusted to s#it, i wouldn't say its good. Good E30's are so hard to fing, better sell it to someone who will spend the time and $$$ to get it fixed up and enjoy it. *th-up*

If not, RIP....

Kristina
01-08-2012, 12:32 AM
It's not rusted to shit at all but it's not in incredible condition either. Unfortunately it is worth more in parts then a whole unit - unless someone wants to give me parts value on the whole car haha.

Eurostyle
01-08-2012, 01:01 AM
^^^ It sure is, but even tho i'm parting out a brand new 2011 328xi, i could not live with myself stripping a 1990 325ix! lol :D

Kristina
01-08-2012, 01:27 AM
Some pics!

http://imgc.classistatic.com/cps/kjc/120107/962r1/3600jn6_20.jpeg

http://imgc.classistatic.com/cps/kjc/120107/962r1/6963965_20.jpeg

http://imgc.classistatic.com/cps/kjc/120107/962r1/2163c6g_20.jpeg

http://imgc.classistatic.com/cps/kjc/120107/962r1/5418122_20.jpeg

http://imgc.classistatic.com/cps/kjc/120107/962r1/8708ain_20.jpeg

http://imgc.classistatic.com/cps/kjc/120107/962r1/19609d0_20.jpeg

http://imgc.classistatic.com/cps/kjc/120107/962r1/5877d67_20.jpeg

http://imgc.classistatic.com/cps/kjc/120107/962r1/8819i9_20.jpeg

http://imgc.classistatic.com/cps/kjc/120107/962r1/3122g1l_20.jpeg

Kristina
01-08-2012, 01:31 AM
Also the Racing Dynamics kit front and rear has already been sold :)

Havok_2011
01-13-2012, 02:07 PM
Welcome to the forums!

I think its a fun car to purchase it the price is right for what you get.

I have been looking for an E30 this past week for the winter. I want to enjoy the car, so I decided to hunt down an E30 as I like the design instead of buying any beat up car.

I found that cars that are in need of some tender loving care are worth $1500-$2000 if you only need to change the brakes and lights to pass safety, coupled with some rust around the body.

Anything under $1,500 I find has had little to nothing fixed to the engine, and you will find you need to spend another $1,500-$2,500 to get it safely on the road without the need to pray for your safety every minute.

E30's ranging from $3,000-$4,000 seems to be well kept by their owners, no engine problems, and only slight rust.

Anyhow, this is what I have found so far, and I have test since last weekend 6 of these cars. Two of which I thought I was going to die lol.

Ideally I am looking for a coupe, but I have found the sedan ix's are worth it.

Anyhow have fun, its a nice little project car, and I agree, the design is probably one of the nicest from the 80's

You also seem really informative about cars, if your relationship does not work out, call me.

lol, jk jk ...... kinda .......

:D

EDIT: wooops just noticed this thread is four pages long, and you already decided to part it out. Sorry to hear, but keep looking! Maybe keep my price comments above in mind when you shop around.

Havok_2011
01-13-2012, 02:16 PM
How much for the rims and tires?

And how much for the front fenders if they are rust free?

Kristina
01-13-2012, 02:22 PM
Haha aw thanks! Yeah I think you are about right on the pricing that's mostly what I've seen too. I'm pretty sure that iX coupes are like non-existant.

I've been a car girl since as long as I can remember, I love working on them and learning stuff so over the years I've accumulated a lot of knowledge lol.

And yes we're parting it out! $300 for rims and tires, rims are road rashed up but since they are painted black it's not too noticeable and the tires are literally BRAND NEW.

I will look at the fenders for you, they look great but we are just taking off the iX flares so I dunno what's under there.

egye30
01-13-2012, 03:59 PM
hey kristina, please PM a price for the brake booster if you've still got it, thanks

Ceeker
01-14-2012, 12:12 PM
I saw the fenders, 99% of the time a daily driver ix has rot at the heels of the fenders and they are worse then non -ix. the fender flares and body molding act like mud, moisture, salt and snow traps -unlike sedans or coupes. So unless it was rust proofed to shit, year after year, you can bet they are gone. the bad sign they are gone is the wheel molding near the heel starts to bow out or lift. That is a surest sign rust is pushing it out. that means it is through.

adam325i
01-14-2012, 03:22 PM
Ive seen the car in person, He pulled me over at the mall when i was with my e30. He said he just did the timing belt and valve adjustment, but sounded like a huge bag of tools clunking around. Sounds like he fix that up tho. 'good luck with the part out and hope to see you have another one soon.

MaxBell
01-16-2012, 02:10 AM
Noo! You're parting it out!? Damn, another iX gone. :(

Here's a transfer case for sale.
http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=216594

Ceeker
01-16-2012, 07:46 AM
Noo! You're parting it out!? Damn, another iX gone. :(

Here's a transfer case for sale.
http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=216594

had unibody frame rot on the right side.

BimmerDriver
01-19-2012, 03:52 PM
AWD? Build a bad ass rally car out of it! :D

Kristina
01-19-2012, 03:56 PM
It's in pieces now, just scrapped the shell today (cut it in half, sorta fun lol!)

Thanks adam325i, good to know...

E30M42cab
01-19-2012, 07:28 PM
I'd love to see some numbers on how many e30's are stripped bare by Maxbimmer members through a single year. It's funny, and sad, but mostly funny. Off to a good start so far this year!

talltorontoguy
01-19-2012, 07:39 PM
Hey Kristina,

Didn't hear back from you on my last email. Pls take a look.

Thanks!

Rod

Ceeker
01-20-2012, 07:32 PM
I'd love to see some numbers on how many e30's are stripped bare by Maxbimmer members through a single year. It's funny, and sad, but mostly funny. Off to a good start so far this year!

Scott, the car had major unibody frame rot..hardly worth salvaging. However, if you think it's bad up here..take a look on rev and see perfectly good rust free cars incl verts being stripped for parts..Now that is sad...

Kristina
01-20-2012, 11:24 PM
Replied earlier to you Rod!

And yeah Ceeker is right, it wasn't worth putting money into. It's gone to a better place (better e30's! haha!)

MaxBell
01-21-2012, 12:54 AM
Scott, the car had major unibody frame rot..hardly worth salvaging. However, if you think it's bad up here..take a look on rev and see perfectly good rust free cars incl verts being stripped for parts..Now that is sad...

Whatever, we'll just keep buying every part we see, won't we Ceeker...

One day, you'll be the only guy with parts!

Ceeker
01-21-2012, 08:47 AM
Whatever, we'll just keep buying every part we see, won't we Ceeker...

One day, you'll be the only guy with parts!

MaxBell, honestly.....I am not the one who has the inventory of parts!!! *angel*

MaxBell
01-21-2012, 01:22 PM
MaxBell, honestly.....I am not the one who has the inventory of parts!!! *angel*

Your signature of green would argue otherwise.

...and your posts in every for sale thread that has something I need. :P

Ceeker
01-21-2012, 02:50 PM
Your signature of green would argue otherwise.

...and your posts in every for sale thread that has something I need. :P

that was some time back. At the moment all I have is some parts in my garage in boxes and one parts car that is half stripped. Yeah, I'm always looking for stuff but mostly to upgrade my personal cars.:D

E30M42cab
01-21-2012, 03:54 PM
I'm not saying that any of our part outs were unjust, I'm just saying it would be interesting to know how many we go through in a year.

Ernie, you do post in every forsale thead ever... some stuff that you leave behind, I have to buy, just so I feel good about myself. BTW, I got that donut gas tank, and yes, I have a 15" spare;)

Ceeker
01-21-2012, 04:39 PM
I'm not saying that any of our part outs were unjust, I'm just saying it would be interesting to know how many we go through in a year.

Ernie, you do post in every forsale thead ever... some stuff that you leave behind, I have to buy, just so I feel good about myself. BTW, I got that donut gas tank, and yes, I have a 15" spare;)

hey! that's awesome Scott.. I was hoping someone would pick up that donut. He wanted 135 shipped from me but at the time I was really pinched for $. I decided to pass on it. Since you have the 15", it's justly yours. ;)

E30M42cab
01-21-2012, 05:02 PM
He told me there were three people from Toronto interested in it... and I asked if you were one of them, knowingly. You must have pissed him off, because he lowered the price for me!

Ceeker
01-22-2012, 10:17 AM
He said he was too busy to even get a quote for shipping and just asked me to send him the $. I didn't. but I got no word he was pissed. Maybe he just figured he'd unload it. like I said...I'm glad you got it because at least you have the rim for it to work. :-)

Ceeker
01-22-2012, 10:18 AM
He said he was too busy to even get a quote for shipping and just asked me to send him the $. I didn't. but I got no word he was pissed. Maybe he just figured he'd unload it. like I said...I'm glad you got it because at least you have the rim for it to work. :-)

to be honest; I had to "contain" myself over the holidays and for this reason I am now out of debt..*angel*

E30M42cab
01-22-2012, 04:22 PM
Nah, he wasn't pissed. He just said $125 shipped, and I was like, "ok".

Ceeker
01-22-2012, 04:25 PM
I think that was certainly worth it for such a unique item in excellent condition. And....I think it goes very well to your aux tank option. Like there is no excuse in the damned world that you'd run out of fuel!!! hahaha