PDA

View Full Version : Guidance - 2007 328XI Wagon

nofear_102
12-05-2011, 02:49 PM
Hi all, I am thinking about selling my car but am struggling to find a good comparator since there seems to be no 2007 wagon's out there right now. The is as follows:

- 64K KM's
- Monaco Blue
- 17" Radial wheels
- Premium package
- Blue Tooth (BMW Assist)
- USB Integration (ipod)
- Leatherette
- Panoramic Sun roof
- Ceramic tint
- Auto
- CPO (June 2013 expiry)
- Parking Distance Control

Car has no accidents, and excellent condition (RIMS have some curb rash and there are minor scratches from general use).

I can post a pic in the coming days but would like to know thoughts on how much to list this for.

Thanks in advance.

Goodtohave
12-05-2011, 07:01 PM
Too bad if it was manual it is exactly what I am looking for to replace my e46 touring. I know a dealer in Ottawa that may be a buyer

slemmer
12-05-2011, 09:07 PM
Dealers will pay wholesale. I'm sure the OP would rather sell it privately.

Goodtohave
12-05-2011, 10:26 PM
That goes without saying but this is a dealer that resells a lot of BMW's and wagons so at least he will get more then selling it to a dealer that will then wholesale it off to someone else.

dble Trouble
12-06-2011, 01:50 AM
On a wholesale value it's within 3-5 % of the sedan on the + side. Retail a little more so just find a bunch of equivalent sedans and add approx. 5%. This is just a guideline as more of the general public is looking for sedans than wagons. So it will take longer to sell in some cases. In my case I love wagons and prefer them, it's just so hard to find a manual one as I don't buy autos at all! usually the manual ones don't even get to be advertised before they sell.

ismail
12-06-2011, 11:00 AM
On a wholesale value it's within 3-5 % of the sedan on the + side. Retail a little more so just find a bunch of equivalent sedans and add approx. 5%. This is just a guideline as more of the general public is looking for sedans than wagons. So it will take longer to sell in some cases. In my case I love wagons and prefer them, it's just so hard to find a manual one as I don't buy autos at all! usually the manual ones don't even get to be advertised before they sell.

With you on this, manual wagon is my ideal combo! I think for most people looking for BMWs - the wagons and the coupes end up having more long term value as well because they are more unique than the sedans.

nofear_102
12-06-2011, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the input all...

Sedans seem to be ~$23K for the same mileage and options though these were not CPO. Given this it looks like $24K-25K is reasonable given CPO should have some additional value.

damameke
12-06-2011, 03:23 PM
For a 2007 $24K - $25K seems reasonable,you can always list higher if you are in no hurry to sell, depends how many and bad are those scratches ....

There is a 2008 328xit with 67K listing at $24.999 reduced from $31K from a dealer (black in color and fully loaded)

Goodtohave
12-06-2011, 06:52 PM
That sounds about right....

If it has premium doesn't it have leather not Pleather?

Also In regards to the other wagon for sale I always worry when a BMW is listed "fully loaded". Options on our cars are endless.

To me Fully loaded is Sport, Premium, cold weather, Dakota leather, comfort access, Logic 7 audio and Nav.

Sunroof and premium to me is not "fully loaded"

When I bought my e46 touring it took me a long time to find one that was:

Manual
Sport
Premium
Harmon Kardon
Xenons
NOT xi, RWD

Took a while amd I had to fly to Atlanta to pick it up but it was worth it. Had it 5 yrs, ready to sell and buy an E92 similar options, will have to travel to find one and I don't mind

dble Trouble
12-06-2011, 08:42 PM
That sounds about right....

If it has premium doesn't it have leather not Pleather?

Also In regards to the other wagon for sale I always worry when a BMW is listed "fully loaded". Options on our cars are endless.

To me Fully loaded is Sport, Premium, cold weather, Dakota leather, comfort access, Logic 7 audio and Nav.

Sunroof and premium to me is not "fully loaded"

When I bought my e46 touring it took me a long time to find one that was:

Manual
Sport
Premium
Harmon Kardon
Xenons
NOT xi, RWD

Took a while amd I had to fly to Atlanta to pick it up but it was worth it. Had it 5 yrs, ready to sell and buy an E92 similar options, will have to travel to find one and I don't mind

When you're ready to sell your touring, please contact me first.

nofear_102
12-07-2011, 12:46 PM
I saw the black one, something seems wrong with the price...I could find another even close to that which leads me to believe something is fishy :)

nofear_102
12-18-2011, 06:35 PM
Hi all, as opposed to starting a new thread I will just post an update in this one for now...

Car is posted on Kijiji (http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-2007-BMW-3-Series-328-Wagon-W0QQAdIdZ339419136) for $26,000.

If anyone is interested let me know (photos don't do it justice due to reflection / glare)