PDA

View Full Version : M5 E60 Exhaust any good deal / recommendations

hoseroller74
11-29-2011, 03:30 PM
This may be asking to much, as my research shows any exhaust systems for these cars are ultra expensive....was wondering / hoping somebody on here could help....?

Cheers
D

Jon@Bimmersport
12-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Eissenman and AA exhausts are on sale! Let me know if interested.

sproule905
12-01-2011, 02:33 PM
hoseroller74 - are you on m5board.com?

1bmw1
12-01-2011, 03:15 PM
Eissenman and AA exhausts are on sale! Let me know if interested.

Both great choices! The eissenman race exhaust.*mw*

Whip_lash
12-01-2011, 05:34 PM
DO NOT get anything other then the eissenman race.. its pure sex.

parm
12-01-2011, 06:14 PM
TUBI's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsO1xyWewVo

Jon@Bimmersport
12-01-2011, 06:19 PM
Given the fact the OP seems to be a 30+ Male, I would suggest NOT going with the Eissenman Race. It is just too obnoxious for a daily driven from an older male, an Eissenman Sport is more well suited. AA being completely bolt on with a COMPLETE header back exhaust as well as F1 sounding...is another great choice.

The M5 sounds amazing outside, but you cannot hear it at all. The 2 products I listed will get the ear to ear grin everytime he drives it, part throttle, wide open, even at idle....but he won't get hosed by the neighbors...or better yet for some people, the wife. *mumble*

Also keep in mind, no youtube video ever matches the true depth of sound from these exhausts (on any car for that matter).

twboy1999
12-01-2011, 06:21 PM
gotta pay to play with the m5

1bmw1
12-01-2011, 07:58 PM
Given the fact the OP seems to be a 30+ Male, I would suggest NOT going with the Eissenman Race. It is just too obnoxious for a daily driven from an older male, an Eissenman Sport is more well suited. AA being completely bolt on with a COMPLETE header back exhaust as well as F1 sounding...is another great choice.

The M5 sounds amazing outside, but you cannot hear it at all. The 2 products I listed will get the ear to ear grin everytime he drives it, part throttle, wide open, even at idle....but he won't get hosed by the neighbors...or better yet for some people, the wife. *mumble*

Also keep in mind, no youtube video ever matches the true depth of sound from these exhausts (on any car for that matter).

I'm a 30+, wait a 35+ male that would love the eisenmann race!:D...but maybe thats either the kid in me, or i'm having an early mid-life crisis lol.

All joking aside, i think you can't go wrong with either setup on the E60 M5. Both sound great imo!

sproule905
12-02-2011, 10:20 AM

Jon - What would you recommend for an 01 M5. I love the sound as it is.. but the OEM exhausts are heavy SOB's...

Jon@Bimmersport
12-02-2011, 02:51 PM
I'm a 30+, wait a 35+ male that would love the eisenmann race!:D...but maybe thats either the kid in me, or i'm having an early mid-life crisis lol.

All joking aside, i think you can't go wrong with either setup on the E60 M5. Both sound great imo!

LOL....a look into the future for me for sure!

Spoule95,

As far as what I can get you, Eissenman Sport is the way to go. Rogue does offer an exhaust but they are usually on the more louder end.

Miesterchaft also has an exhaust which is a little bit more economical, but I have not heard it in person. Miesterchaft is constructed of Titanium...so if you are into the Eissenman Sport, this exhaust is not for you. The Eissenman will have a lot less, if any drone at highway cruising at part throttle.

You can also gut your stock muffler, BMWM5LOVER has done it and it sounds amazing and looks stock! The problem is, if you don't like it..you have nothing to go back to stock with, and the mod is a total loss of $. The beauty of these "expensive" bolt ons, is if you do not like it you can always get some of your money back because it will sell worldwide.

TheMadChigga
12-02-2011, 04:11 PM
Jon - What would you recommend for an 01 M5. I love the sound as it is.. but the OEM exhausts are heavy SOB's...

muffler delete, best bang for the bucks.

bmwm5lover
12-02-2011, 05:05 PM

Don't waste your money on an exhaust system. Muffler delete with quad tips (or whatever you prefer) and that is it.

I get compliments left right and centre on the way my M5 sounds. Some people on M5board have sold their expensive exhaust systems and gone this route because it is cheap(er) and sound incredible and they used the money for other mods.
Welcome to hear mine in the spring.

hoseroller74
12-02-2011, 09:00 PM

Well Put....just south of 40...."loud pipes don't save lives, they piss off my neighbors"....I will be in contact with ya shortly on your suggestions, just doing my due diligence and putting together my wish list !

Cheers
D

hoseroller74
12-02-2011, 09:01 PM
hoseroller74 - are you on m5board.com?

Yup....you ?

D

cormier
12-03-2011, 12:15 AM
Eisenmann FTW *th-up*

dble Trouble
12-04-2011, 01:35 AM
Hey Derek:

Keep it stock, enjoy it for what it is.........a truly awesome machine out of the box!

hoseroller74
12-04-2011, 02:59 AM
Hey Derek:

Keep it stock, enjoy it for what it is.........a truly awesome machine out of the box!

Hey Jonny...totally agree with ya, but I want to do a few small mods to make it my own.....right now its just a wish list. We will see how it goes. The stock exhaust does have a drone to it...makes for a real pain in the ass on those long road trips to the cottage !!! I've been in a M5 with an aftermarket exhaust, and it cures it....

d

dble Trouble
12-04-2011, 01:40 PM
No sweat Derek. I know what you mean about the drone..........one way to fix that is wot all of the time! LOL. Once you're wot, that drone turns into a melifluous whale!

sproule905
12-04-2011, 02:25 PM
Yup....you ?

D

Absolutely... same name.

dbworld4k
12-04-2011, 03:05 PM
No sweat Derek. I know what you mean about the drone..........one way to fix that is wot all of the time! LOL. Once you're wot, that drone turns into a melifluous whale!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-tmAL3Jyf25I/TVOaUDyYieI/AAAAAAAAAPg/ipJRNMsPWwQ/s1600/southern-right-whale-615.jpg