PDA

View Full Version : walmart parking lot custom body work - rant

Mac
11-27-2011, 03:51 PM
I'm still in the self-admiration stage of my 4 week old (new to me) 2008 335i so when I came outa the Walmart with some groceries the other day I was happily noting the curves on my car. I noted to myself the detail of the lines on the trunk lid lip merging with the tail light...hang on...there didn't use to be a line under the trunk lid lip, WTF!

Looking a little closer I realized that someone had backed into my car and creased the trunk lid. I'm guessing it was a pickup truck with the tail gate down. If they had hit square and done it right across the back I probably wouldn't have even noticed cause it looks almost "custom", but they only dented the driver's side.

Sht happens, but it still has me hating, they didn't leave a note and no witnesses so I'm probably going to get stuck with the deductible on the insurance.

All because some lazy assed driver couldn't be bothered to do an extra 3-point turn to make sure they were clear. :mad:

dbworld4k
11-27-2011, 03:57 PM
I avoid major plaza parking lots like the plague, lol. Park further next time?

damameke
11-27-2011, 08:32 PM
Dont expect a note if someone hit you when you were not around..I had my passenger door dinged probably by a shopping cart based on the damage...shxt happened in shopping mall parking lot...especiallly now with X'mas shopping...parking far will not help at this time of the year...

JUS_CRZN
11-28-2011, 05:18 AM
Take your girlfriend or wifes car to the mall.

SiR
11-28-2011, 09:46 AM
I typically park further away ....though someone always ends up next to you fcplm

Jim .E.
11-28-2011, 10:01 AM
I typically park further away ....though someone always ends up next to you fcplm

This! Like I don't get it, you park at the opposite end of the lot, and every parking spot around you is open, but someone still manages to park right next to you.

sproule905
11-28-2011, 11:01 AM
ive had my car door hit while in my car.. waited until they were out of sight and opened my door with my foot - this was an older S10 mind you..

I gon't shop at Walmart, but I CAN feel your pain. Even at the GO parking station i park at the back

bmwm5lover
11-28-2011, 11:23 AM
This! Like I don't get it, you park at the opposite end of the lot, and every parking spot around you is open, but someone still manages to park right next to you.

True! And in a big hick pick up too!

canukgtp
11-30-2011, 12:52 AM
Sucks man! My girlfriend is a total shopping nut, I still can't believe she hasn't come back with a nice ding yet...and I know it's coming lol...

mclovin
11-30-2011, 10:20 AM
Has it occured to anyone that whoever is parking next to you is just doing so to f*ck with you? :) They obviously know why you decided to park far away from others

damameke
11-30-2011, 11:25 AM
Has it occured to anyone that whoever is parking next to you is just doing so to f*ck with you? :) They obviously know why you decided to park far away from others

*th-up*

propr'one
11-30-2011, 12:44 PM
I park my beater far away and walk.

Mclovin-> i used to have someone do that to me at work. In the winter i started pouring water on their door locks. I grew up a bit since then, but still. Fixing door dings isn't free, if i made an effort to park away from other people, dickheads deserve frozen locks.

dulak
11-30-2011, 07:25 PM
I park my beater far away and walk.

Mclovin-> i used to have someone do that to me at work. In the winter i started pouring water on their door locks. I grew up a bit since then, but still. Fixing door dings isn't free, if i made an effort to park away from other people, dickheads deserve frozen locks.

That's an awesome idea. I will carry a bottle of water this winter just for that. *rockout*