PDA

View Full Version : Just bought my first BMW...

trialskid
11-22-2011, 10:22 PM
I purchased a 2010 sti earlier this year and really didnt like it

I was at a local bmw dealer looking at 135 and 335s and seen a 05 m3 sitting on the lot

While i was test driving the 135, another salesman sold the m3 :mad:

anyways, couple days go by, and my salesman calls me and tell me the original purchaser of the m3 fell through and i was next in line!

so i shot in and we worked a deal that night

I'm the proud owner of a 2005 m3.

The car has 78000 km on the clock and is very clean

Im a mechanic at a GM dealer, but I took this car to get inspected by a local garage that specializes in BMW and import cars and besides a minor oil leak (which the dealer is fixing before i pick it up) the car seems perfect

I'll be changing all the fluids once i take delivery

http://i.imgur.com/vxvEEl.jpg

NIMA
11-22-2011, 10:33 PM
Iss Gorjess compleely !! I love the inlines *love*

trialskid
11-22-2011, 10:34 PM
I've always LOVED the e46 M3, never thought i would own one

Got very lucky finding this car

StraightSix
11-22-2011, 10:44 PM
Congrats on the M3! It's a great car! *th-up*

On a side note, what didn't you like about the STI?

trialskid
11-22-2011, 10:47 PM
Congrats on the M3! It's a great car! *th-up*

On a side note, what didn't you like about the STI?

the turbo lag
the crappy interior
the rattles
the fact that they are prone to blow engines due to a shitty factory tune
and if you tune it, they deny warranty
the stereo sucked
the "boy racer" stigma with 14 year old buys whipping out their camera phones to take pictures all the time
it was black, and subaru is known for their poor paint jobs

I had always loved the STi. It was a major disappointment to me after owning one

King Luis
11-23-2011, 08:59 AM
congrats. looks like my m3 when i first bought it.
keep her clean and running smooth.

cormier
11-23-2011, 09:01 AM
You find the sound much better in your e46 :p?

SiR
11-23-2011, 09:29 AM
I purchased a 2010 sti earlier this year and really didnt like it

how does it feel to be broken?
the only legitimate complaint is the stereo imo.

an open source flash could easily take car of the cruddy factory tune...and they wouldnt know otherwise.

congrats on the e46. hope its a 6mt

trialskid
11-23-2011, 05:21 PM
to be broken?

i dont know what you mean

i had the car at stage 2, but the problem is subaru will deny you of any warranty with a flash on the car so it's a catch 22

yeah its a 6 speed

rendered
11-23-2011, 08:04 PM
Did you deal with Performance Bmw?

Did you trade in your WRX STI at the bmw dealership?

If you don't mind us asking, how much did you pick her up for? :D

trialskid
11-23-2011, 08:07 PM
Did you deal with Performance Bmw?

Did you trade in your WRX STI at the bmw dealership?

If you don't mind us asking, how much did you pick her up for? :D

I just left performance

There was one condition on the sale, the front bumper had some big paint chips and i asked them to get it fixed, and fixed properly

I went tonight and it looked like absolute shit. Looks like someone took a can of spray paint and fixed it. They ruined the bumper. I would have rather had it the way it was before

I got in a fight with the used car sales manager, got my deposit back and left

So, im still on a hunt for a new bmw

rendered
11-23-2011, 09:23 PM
I just left performance

There was one condition on the sale, the front bumper had some big paint chips and i asked them to get it fixed, and fixed properly

I went tonight and it looked like absolute shit. Looks like someone took a can of spray paint and fixed it. They ruined the bumper. I would have rather had it the way it was before

I got in a fight with the used car sales manager, got my deposit back and left

So, im still on a hunt for a new bmw

Sorry to hear that! Yea, they're a bit hit or miss at that dealership. A couple guys are great and the others are not so great.

They'll be calling you back. Not many people would pay close to their $34,000 asking for a 2005 E46 M3 no matter how clean it was.

Besides, if I were you I'd keep the STI, or trade it in for a 2011 WRX STI sedan ;) Nothing compares to these beasts in the winter time!

trust me, as much as I adore my E46 M3, as soon as I drove the new 2011/12 STI sedan, I fell in love. They are truly wicked machines...

trialskid
11-23-2011, 09:25 PM
Sorry to hear that! Yea, they're a bit hit or miss at that dealership. A couple guys are great and the others are not so great.

They'll be calling you back. Not many people would pay close to their $34,000 asking for a 2005 E46 M3 no matter how clean it was.

Besides, if I were you I'd keep the STI, or trade it in for a 2011 WRX STI sedan ;) Nothing compares to these beasts in the winter time!

trust me, as much as I adore my E46 M3, as soon as I drove the new 2011/12 STI sedan, I fell in love. They are truly wicked machines...

They have lost my business along with my father who was looking for a new m3 or 335i

rendered
11-23-2011, 09:31 PM
They have lost my business along with my father who was looking for a new m3 or 335i

Yeap, no better feeling then buying from someone else whom deserves your business... Goodluck on your search! There's probably a few members on this board and other E46 forums whom would be happy to sell you their super clean M3's for $30K+

1bmw1
11-24-2011, 01:47 AM
Besides, if I were you I'd keep the STI, or trade it in for a 2011 WRX STI sedan ;)

lol, uhh no, keep looking for a nice bmw...you'll never look back.

SiR
11-24-2011, 08:54 AM
^ dont be an ignorant ricer.

shouldve done an open source flash instead of the typical off the shelf stuff.

they definitely have issues with the tune from the factory(07 and up). to meet mpg requirements? Im not sure.

other than that the car is great and is fine. sure the radio isnt top notch but you dont by that car for that.

trialskid
11-24-2011, 11:21 PM
^ dont be an ignorant ricer.

shouldve done an open source flash instead of the typical off the shelf stuff.

they definitely have issues with the tune from the factory(07 and up). to meet mpg requirements? Im not sure.

other than that the car is great and is fine. sure the radio isnt top notch but you dont by that car for that.

ignorant ricer?

I'm a licensed technician. I did my homework. I had the car properly dyno tuned at a shop in buffalo that deals in 90% subarus

I dont like the car, its a simple as that. I can drive what i want to its my money

And FYI, you sound kind of ignorant when you tell me to get an OS tune, and there is no such thing on 08+ Subarus. You should know what you're talking about before accusing other people of being ignorant

SiR
11-24-2011, 11:46 PM
I was referring to this guy as being the ricer

and I dont care if you are a licensed technician. You clearly dont know much about OS tunes.
http://www.romraider.com/Documentation/SupportedECUs

Impreza STi
A4TJ1X00 (MT/AT)
04 A2ZJ500J (MT)*, A2ZJ700J (MT)*, A2ZJ710J (MT)*
05 A2ZJB10J (MT)*, A2ZJB11J (MT)*
06 A2ZJE11J (MT)*
07 A2UG000J (MT)*, A2UJ000J (MT)*
08/09 AZ1G201I (MT)*, AZ1G202I (MT)*
10 AZ1G701I (MT)*, AZ1G702I# (MT)*
11 AE5I910V# (MT)*, AE5IB00V# (MT)*

to clarify, I wasnt calling you any names before.

trialskid
11-24-2011, 11:50 PM
I was referring to this guy as being the ricer

and I dont care if you are a licensed technician. You clearly dont know much about OS tunes.
http://www.romraider.com/Documentation/SupportedECUs

to clarify, I wasnt calling you any names before.

my bad

if you look on the sti forums no one really uses anything but Cobb as its much easier to use

SiR
11-25-2011, 04:23 PM
I dont know where you get that from. A lot of people use rom raider. its very easy to use. *yes I use it*

trialskid
11-25-2011, 04:27 PM
oh interesting, ive just seen everyone talk about the Cobb AP

rendered
11-25-2011, 06:01 PM

Thats your opinion. And I've owned more bmw's over the past little while then you can shake a stick at so as much as I love the cars, they did well with the 2011 STI sedan, really well. Sure its not as refined as bmw, but you don't buy an STI for refined

You obviously haven't driven a 2011 Subaru STI - spirited driving, not your dealership test drive. Bye hater *wave*

1bmw1
11-25-2011, 09:27 PM
Thats your opinion. And I've owned more bmw's over the past little while then you can shake a stick at so as much as I love the cars, they did well with the 2011 STI sedan, really well. Sure its not as refined as bmw, but you don't buy an STI for refined

You obviously haven't driven a 2011 Subaru STI - spirited driving, not your dealership test drive. Bye hater *wave*

That's exactly what it is...my opinion. Hater? Barely, being on a bmw board, i am going to be biased. I apologize. Did i say subarus are garbage? no. They're great cars, but being on a BMW board, i would rather choose a bimmer for a daily. Forgive me.

You two on the other hand are on the wrong forum to think everyone here would rather drive a subaru lol.*th-up* K thx bye.

1bmw1
11-25-2011, 09:33 PM
...but what do i know, SiR's are cool too...in their own little way.:)

"Ricer" "hater" wow...c'mon kids, don't be so sensitive.;) lol

trialskid
11-25-2011, 10:09 PM
Going to test drive a 08 335i sedan tomorrow

1bmw1
11-25-2011, 10:27 PM
Going to test drive a 08 335i sedan tomorrow

That's what i got.:) You'll love it! Let us know how it turns out.

trialskid
11-25-2011, 10:28 PM
Im pretty excited. It's what I was looking for originally

White 6 spd sport package

ericdalinda
11-25-2011, 10:47 PM
why not a mustang? the new 5.0s can hang with the E90 M3s in all respects and in some cases performs better then them too. If you were about to drop 30,000+ on a performance coupe suprised if this was not one of your top considerations.

IMO roaring V8 is far better then a screaming 4 banger.

1bmw1
11-25-2011, 10:53 PM
Im pretty excited. It's what I was looking for originally

White 6 spd sport package

Sounds really nice! Good luck with this one. Hope this is the one for you!*th-up*

why not a mustang? the new 5.0s can hang with the E90 M3s in all respects and in some cases performs better then them too. If you were about to drop 30,000+ on a performance coupe suprised if this was not one of your top considerations.

IMO roaring V8 is far better then a screaming 4 banger. .

Oh boy. fcplm

ericdalinda
11-26-2011, 06:27 AM
Oh boy. fcplm

whats so funny? am I joking?

GT3Kid
11-26-2011, 07:29 AM
Congrats on the new car. You are going to love it. If your in the Niagara region and a GM Tech I am guessing Rick Waterman is your service manager. I worked with him back in the day, he's a great manager to work for.

damameke
11-26-2011, 09:11 AM

IMO roaring V8 is far better then a screaming 4 banger.

I read the review of the 2012 Boss 302, very impressive and with track key too,even with the GT model, it will be more than 30,000+

I think OP is looking at brand, I.E European vs NA,

1bmw1
11-26-2011, 11:27 AM
whats so funny? am I joking?

I wish you were. Am I laughing?

I think OP is looking at brand, I.E European vs NA,

Exactly.

SiR
11-27-2011, 01:29 AM
the stang gt is a great package for the money.

so what if this is a bmw board?

its not 1999 anymore where forums just got popular and people only own that make.

its long since evolved past that point where regulars own various models.
STi;s are great cars, stangs are great cars. not just bmw..cause bmw y0. ;)

trialskid
11-27-2011, 11:52 AM
Congrats on the new car. You are going to love it. If your in the Niagara region and a GM Tech I am guessing Rick Waterman is your service manager. I worked with him back in the day, he's a great manager to work for.

Small world. He was for a bit but he got a job in Toronto at a Honda store and moved back home

rendered
12-04-2011, 07:35 AM
That's exactly what it is...my opinion. Hater? Barely, being on a bmw board, i am going to be biased. I apologize. Did i say subarus are garbage? no. They're great cars, but being on a BMW board, i would rather choose a bimmer for a daily. Forgive me.

You two on the other hand are on the wrong forum to think everyone here would rather drive a subaru lol.*th-up* K thx bye.

Let me guess. This is your first Bmw? be honest.

trialskid
12-16-2011, 04:45 PM
So since the first deal fell through I kept looking and I picked up my new BMW on Tuesday and I love it

08 335i
6 spd
60 000 km
CPO
premium package
sport package
USB Audio

http://i.imgur.com/Zx4Sul.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Zck2Yl.jpg

FelixT
12-17-2011, 01:18 PM
congrats!!!!!