PDA

View Full Version : 3 Series 1987 325i 4 door for sale

MaxBell
11-18-2011, 03:33 PM
Hey all;

I'm considering what kind of offers I could get for Clint Eastwood.

Some history.
I'm the third owner of the car, which was originally purchased in Toronto at the old Queen St. BMW. It was driven until 1991 by the original owner, at which point it was sold to a man in Cardinal ON. It saw weekend driving by his dance teacher wife.

I bought it last year, around this time, brought it home and fell in love. It's a really fun car to drive, very good handling, ample power and lots of options.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5052/5523896772_b09f50aef3_z.jpg

The power windows, sunroof and central locking works. The paint job is quite good, though it could use a polishing. I've done about half the car before my arms were going to fall off.

Right off the bat, I went to work replacing many of the wear items on the car. I changed all the fluids, replacing with Royal Purple in the diff and tranny. I replaced tie rod ends, ball joints, control arm bushings, sway bar links, strut mounts, wheel bearings and steering rack lines. The trunk was leaking a little, had a musty smell, so I replaced the trunk and tail light seals.

Before I got the car, it had brake calipers all around rebuilt, including new seals and guides, as well as some new brake lines in the rear.

The clutch wasn't grabbing during downshifting very well, so I replaced the pilot bearing, throw out bearing, release bearing, pressure plate and clutch. At the same time, I refreshed most of the shift bushings, except for that bitch clip, which I forgot about until it was back in the car. I also replaced the centre support bearing, and drive shaft guibo.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5057/5523898568_c18ac6c031_z.jpg

The car is very reliable. Not once in the year I have had it has it left me stranded. Some times, when its cold out, it has to crank a bit, but it always starts.

It has been a daily driver back and forth to school and work. I've put about 12,000 kms on it, with even a few trips from Ottawa back to Toronto.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6185/6114685209_c4655365ff_z.jpg

After all the wear items were attended to, I lowered the car slightly, on H&R Sport springs. I purchased some TRM C1s with Dunlop Star Specs with the intent on autocrossing the car, but I never found the time.

The diving boards also drove me crazy, so I decide to swap over to plastics. This was a huge project, little did I know, that took most of the summer, due to my detail obsessive nature. I feel its a very good swap, with only a few fitment issues in the front, due to me not tightening a bolt all the way and it since falling off. The rear is good, but needs a little more paint on the sides. The trim was fiberglassed so there are no side running lights.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6080/6115230360_c24199bed5_z.jpg

THe interior of the car is mint. The drivers seat has one VERY small split in the seat bolster. The car has been rewired to have an Alpine deck, amp and sub in the trunk. It's a great stereo, blah blah, I drove a lot.

Now the bad.

The car has some rust issues; though more when I got it, which have been dealt with. Both side rockers have rust, the drivers side fender should be replaced.

The car has drawings over the side fender, as that one was pulled off my bronzit parts car. Some people think it's the coolest thing ever, others think its stupid.

The release bearing, when cold, makes weird noises when in neutral at a stop with the clutch out. I'm not sure what it is, I JUST replaced that, the pressure plate and clutch.

When the transmission was dropped, the exhaust manifold bolts were rather seized and so the exhaust was cut off with the intent of sending it to a muffler shop. I never did, so the exhaust is clamped on and the joint is covered with flex pipe. It works, but it would be a good idea to get it done properly.

The drivers side trim was shadowlined in the summer, but since then much of it has chipped off, making it look rather shitty. Replace or repaint.

Overall this car will be coming safetied for $3000 obo. My M50 swapped coupe is eyeing many of its parts greedily, but I'd hate to part out a perfectly good car. (read: I'm lazy also.) This car is my child, please don't call and expect to drive it. I know it's not a Ferrari, but I care about it. Perhaps when you're handing me money you can.

cormier
11-18-2011, 03:47 PM
Lmao perhaps you can -- but I might just keep it after you hand me money :p

I would pay that much for that car, I think it's reasonable. I also love the white. And the fender surprisingly! GLWS!

mgunter
11-18-2011, 03:58 PM
Good luck! Beautiful car! But what's wrong with diving boards? :confused:

MaxBell
11-18-2011, 04:04 PM
Good luck! Beautiful car! But what's wrong with diving boards? :confused:

Post swap, they're growing on me. My coupe has them, I'm going to try to fit the later valence on there with them.

I used to think they were a bold display of driver homosexuality.

mgunter
11-18-2011, 05:19 PM
Haha! Well i'm glad you don't think that anymore! And my front's tucked with a valence which looks better than untucked! But having the rear is nice for when you're carrying your 2 4 out to the car and need a place to set it while you pop the trunk!

The Twin
11-19-2011, 12:20 PM
Damn. Good price nice car! Thought you m50 swapping?

BimmerBob
11-20-2011, 09:58 AM
I am looking for an M20 engine for sale. Does any one know of one?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=43.669291,-79.297384

MaxBell
11-21-2011, 10:46 PM
PM'd.

This car is now being parted out. If you want anything, tell me. (though I'm taking most of it)

The very mint houndstooth interior, body panels, glass and doors are available. Engine, suspension (all of it), fenders and rims are spoken for.