PDA

View Full Version : 8th and Final Autocross Event of the 2011 Season at Mosport DDT!

dble Trouble
11-06-2011, 11:44 PM
Hello all,

Here is the much anticipated answer to the question about where and when will our last autocross of 2011 be? We will be running a Solo 1 (on racetrack rather than Solo 2 in a parking lot) event on the Mosport DDT.

Where: 3233 Concession rd. 10, Bowmanville ON. GPS coordinates 44.055472,
When entering the GPS coordinates enter city as Clarington, not Bowmanville.
http://www.mosport.com/visitor-info/directions

When: Sunday November, 20th 2011 at 8:00 am. It is imperative that all participants
arrive on time as their will be a mandatory safety and driver meeting for all participants! Please arrive early to allow sufficient time to prepare your car for the event and so on.

Cost: $100.00 incl. HST for members, $125.00 incl. HST for non-members. Lunch and
drinks will be included as the cafeteria will not be open. Bring snacks for later in case you get the munchies. Registration will be on-line via our website. It will be available soon. As an added bonus, all participants will be invited to remain after the last timed run has completed to take part in open lapping until 5pm when the track shuts down. Anyone not paying due diligence to rules set forth at the drivers meeting will be expelled from the event with no refund.

All of the same rules apply as the Solo 2 events with some minor changes. Helmets are mandatory. There will be cones on track creating obstacles. Each cone/gate that gets hit will add a 2 second penalty to your time. If you miss a gate, there will be there a 5 second penalty added to your time as we will be not be able to double back. If you go off track and damage your car there is no insurance coverage as this is a competition event. If you damage property at Mosport you are required to cover the cost of the damages incurred there. There will be an EMS attendant at the track. As this event is taking place in late November please dress and prepare accordingly for the environment. Remember, there is no such thing as bad weather for a track day, just inappropriate attire!

If you are not interested in participating but are willing and able to volunteer we would greatly appreciate your help. We need marshals to help ensure safety and success of our first Solo 1 event ever!

Sincerely,

John Venditti
Vice President/Competition Director
BMW Club of Canada Trillium Chapter

craz azn
11-07-2011, 12:09 AM
So umm.... Studs, or chains? I don't think regular snows will cut it by that time LOL :D

dble Trouble
11-07-2011, 12:11 AM
Everyone's a comedian......

E30M42cab
11-07-2011, 12:59 AM
I've really gotta get the coupe rolling for this! It was like 15 degrees today, so hopefully in two weeks it'll still be half decent, temperature wise. Too early for snow though.

Should be interesting!

DIY
11-07-2011, 02:15 AM
But wouldnt it just be cool to have a timed rally event :P
I'm crossing my fingers I can come as all my projects will be coming due :S
Hows your car running John?

richie_s999
11-07-2011, 07:49 AM
Just my luck.... The only weekend I work this month and I am out of vacation time!

T.Dot_E30
11-07-2011, 08:05 AM
Just my luck.... The only weekend I work this month and I am out of vacation time!

Any sick days left for the year? :D

richie_s999
11-07-2011, 08:09 AM
Any sick days left for the year? :D

Nope My only hope is to pray for some
OT and bank the time, hurts the wallet taking weekend days off though, hopefully it plays out

dble Trouble
11-07-2011, 09:35 AM
I really don't care about the weather personally. The classroom (portable) at the ddt is heated. We all know to dress appropriately, and hey any day at the track is a good day! I'm really looking forward to this. It took a lot of time to get approval, then organize it etc.

Yes Mike (DIY), Infinite Dice deserves a big thank-you! He Pm'd me with a possible fix for my serious stalling issue. He pointed out it may be the fusable link in the trunk just off of the battery positive lead. He was right, I took it apart and the link was cracked, so it depended on the way the lead was pulling whether it made contact or not. Fixed, and not repeated yet!

EMPOWERD
11-07-2011, 10:21 PM
Can't wait for this event. Unfortunately the M3 cannot attend (have rear subframe issues that will be fixed over the winter - too many SMG Lauches with R-comps this summer!). Gonna have to improvise (cough*rental*cough).

dble Trouble
11-07-2011, 11:45 PM
Randy that sucks about the M3 big time. But a big LOL about your replacement drive! Great spirit, doesn't matter what you bring just bring it!

EMPOWERD
11-08-2011, 03:49 PM
Scratch my last post. I will have the M3 for the 20th. This event too important. Just don't know how much grip the R's will give me.

jabela
11-08-2011, 03:52 PM
Scratch my last post. I will have the M3 for the 20th. This event too important. Just don't know how much grip the R's will give me.
If it's cold and I can make it, I have an old worn set of winter tires on steelies I may use. The StarSpecs are rock hard under 7'C

E30M42cab
11-08-2011, 05:33 PM

So what / where are the current standings? I mean the championship should be coming down to this final event, correct? I'm going to make an effort to get my RA1's mounted this week, but I don't know if it'll be worth it or not.

richie_s999
11-08-2011, 09:37 PM
So what / where are the current standings? I mean the championship should be coming down to this final event, correct? I'm going to make an effort to get my RA1's mounted this week, but I don't know if it'll be worth it or not.

Probley not the best time to have your first go with r-comps!

E30M42cab
11-08-2011, 10:54 PM
Never know. It depends on the weather.

E30M42cab
11-13-2011, 06:23 PM
I'm looking forward to this... Getting the clutch done this week!! and I'll be bringing the RA1's just for good measure. Might have to re-pax me for this.

twboy1999
11-13-2011, 06:30 PM
will be there with a few friends if is dry

bmwm5lover
11-14-2011, 08:08 PM
How you guys get up at 8am on a weekend is beyond me. I don't even start work till 10 during the week! lol I think if you moved it later in the day you would get slightly more people showing up.
Have fun, post pics.

dble Trouble
11-14-2011, 08:35 PM
How you guys get up at 8am on a weekend is beyond me. I don't even start work till 10 during the week! lol I think if you moved it later in the day you would get slightly more people showing up.
Have fun, post pics.

LOL. It's not getting up at 8am, it's getting there before 8am, if you arrive at 8, you're scrambling to get ready, you need time to register, car prep, body prep (washroom), track walk, drivers meeting etc. etc. I get up at 5am, on these days to be there for 6am to set everything up before everyone arrives...............and I AM NOT a morning person! LOL. I just do what I got to do.

Starting later at Mosport is not an option because of rules imposed on the track they are only allowed to have active vehicles on track between the hours of 9am - 5pm. Prior to, and after those times is for service vehicles only, and as such there is only insurance coverage for those times. So if we start at 11am, we're still paying the same amount for the track yet losing 2 hours of valuable track time. It's just the way it goes. Track guys typically set their priorities accordingly and give up a night of partying, go to bed early, in exchange for a full day of exhilaration and thrills. It's such a worthy trade off.

dble Trouble
11-14-2011, 08:39 PM
will be there with a few friends if is dry

Due to the nature of this event you must either pre-register or contact me and let me know you are either in or not. I wish weather was not a factor in some making a decision whether they attend or not. If it rains, its wet for all of us, so we're all in the same playing field. When you're not running you are welcome to wait for your next run in the warm dry portable and socialize with other participants. Participants are not required to marshall at this event, but we will call on a few for some very minor help here and there.

DIY
11-14-2011, 09:05 PM
I will be there!! :D.... But I'm too poor to race so I'll help marshall and maybe get to ride along? :) psh and who needs to give up a night of partying to wake up that early :P I even have a midterm monday, there's nothin like the smell of burnin rubber in the mornin.... Especially if your gf's awake before you gotta leave lol

bmwm5lover
11-15-2011, 10:17 AM
LOL. It's not getting up at 8am, it's getting there before 8am, if you arrive at 8, you're scrambling to get ready, you need time to register, car prep, body prep (washroom), track walk, drivers meeting etc. etc. I get up at 5am, on these days to be there for 6am to set everything up before everyone arrives...............and I AM NOT a morning person! LOL. I just do what I got to do.

Starting later at Mosport is not an option because of rules imposed on the track they are only allowed to have active vehicles on track between the hours of 9am - 5pm. Prior to, and after those times is for service vehicles only, and as such there is only insurance coverage for those times. So if we start at 11am, we're still paying the same amount for the track yet losing 2 hours of valuable track time. It's just the way it goes. Track guys typically set their priorities accordingly and give up a night of partying, go to bed early, in exchange for a full day of exhilaration and thrills. It's such a worthy trade off.

Haha. That's crazy John, 5am.
Reminds me of the days when I used to offroad. Get up at 5-6 and besomewhere by 8-9. Can't do that anymore, not sure wha has changed but there is very little that will make me get up early.
You will think that this is crazy, but last week I was veery sick and woke up having problems breathing. Well let's just say I spent almost an hour waiting to see if I'm gonna be fine bfore it got worse and my gf drove me to the emergency, all so I wouldn't he to get up! Hahah
Funny thing is, I don't like sleeping past 1030, weird.

Miss the times when the auto x was in woodbridge. I had no excuses then.

Have fun guys, maybe ill get hardcore one day or kids, those bastards will wake up at all times of the night/morning.

E30M42cab
11-16-2011, 12:07 AM
I need to remind you guys that you need to register online for this event on the Trillium Website if you plan on competing. If you're not a member, you can't register online so you need to contact either John or I so we have an idea of numbers.

desmo
11-17-2011, 08:33 PM
I'm in to run ! Consider this my signup as a current non-member.

This is going to be an interesting day.

craz azn
11-17-2011, 08:45 PM
I'll be there to spectate!

EMPOWERD
11-17-2011, 11:35 PM
Let the registration begin!

http://trillium-bmwclub.ca/civicrm/event/register?id=60&reset=1

richie_s999
11-18-2011, 08:20 AM
Sounds like there is gonna be a good turn out,no luck with getting Sunday off work so I won't be able to make it, not sure if I would have been able to drive though, possible concussion yesterday taking down the car port.

davericher20
11-18-2011, 12:19 PM
Sounds like there is gonna be a good turn out,no luck with getting Sunday off work so I won't be able to make it, not sure if I would have been able to drive though, possible concussion yesterday taking down the car port.

sounds like srz bzns. WHy did you take down the carport? that thing was awesome!

I'll be there to Marshall. No car, it's sitting in the driveway with snow on it and an engine full of water, not coolant from July. hopefully the busted hose was enough to let the ice expand. Or not. :(

Chris_Bangle
11-18-2011, 12:53 PM
If I don't want to compete and can't make it by 8am. Is it cool to show up for open lapping that starts at 1?

E30M42cab
11-18-2011, 06:58 PM
I'm in to run ! Consider this my signup as a current non-member.

This is going to be an interesting day.

Done! See you bright and early!

dble Trouble
11-18-2011, 10:41 PM
The open lapping does not start at 1. It starts when all of the autocrossers have completed 5 timed runs. That may be at 3, it may be at 12:30. We'll see how many we have participating tomorrow. Furthermore the lapping is only open to those who have supported the Trillium autocross throughout the year or this event. It is a thank-you bonus that we are able to give back to the participants. I hope you all understand.
Looking really forward to this as the weather is looking reasonably favourable. 12 degrees celsius and cloudy so far, there is a small threat of rain in the morning.

dble Trouble
11-19-2011, 10:09 AM
So we're at 18 registered participants, plus possibly some drop ins! Great numbers for this time of year. I'm hoping for 22 though. See you all tomorrow!

jabela
11-19-2011, 08:14 PM
I just finished some work on my car, so I should be there tomorrow. Hopefully the rain holds out. I have almost no tread left on my tires.

Too bad my GoPro V2 is not here yet. Got it from TDrewards for $179!

dble Trouble
11-19-2011, 08:18 PM
I just finished some work on my car, so I should be there tomorrow. Hopefully the rain holds out. I have almost no tread left on my tires.

Too bad my GoPro V2 is not here yet. Got it from TDrewards for $179!

If you're coming I need all of your pertinent info ahead of time, email me full address, phone number, driver's license number, etc.

Cheers,

John

craz azn
11-21-2011, 12:08 AM
Big thanks to all the marshals and volunteers that helped make this event happen! You guys made today go super smooth! I thought it was a great event! Whoever didn't attend missed out...

richie_s999
11-21-2011, 07:07 AM
Big thanks to all the marshals and volunteers that helped make this event happen! You guys made today go super smooth! I thought it was a great event! Whoever didn't attend missed out...

Just checked out the pic thread, even more upset I had to miss this one! I have been waiting 3 years for this event and it had to fall on a work weekend I could not get out of.

So anyone want to recap the day and how things went?

jabela
11-21-2011, 02:23 PM
Just checked out the pic thread, even more upset I had to miss this one! I have been waiting 3 years for this event and it had to fall on a work weekend I could not get out of.

So anyone want to recap the day and how things went?
Great event. Glad I dragged myself out of bed with only 3 hours of sleep :)
It was wet to start the event, but it was quickly drying and was almost completely dry by the 5th run. By the 5th run our times were 20-30 seconds better than our first.
We finished before 1pm which left lots of time for some good lapping.

E30M42cab
11-21-2011, 07:41 PM
The morning was brutal for traction, but man, by the early afternoon, it was balls to the wall! Great event, great turn out, not much down time, fast cars, lots of e30's representing, and generally a great time. My front brakes are toast now!

I don't think we can thank the volunteers enough.*rockout* I know DIY (Mike) got a few rides (with John, Steve Gailits, and myself), so I hope other volunteers were able to do the same, or at least get out for some laps in their own car at the end of the night.

Highlight of the night candidates:

Toyota Avalon vs. Chevy Impala battle:huh?:

Devon's creeper moustach and badass shades:cool:

Randy smoking everyone with ease.*mumble*

Steve Gailits' s14 powered e21 racecar ripping around.*love*

John looping his e30 out of sight from everyone when he wasn't even putting down a competition run and everyone hearing about it over the radio! :D

dble Trouble
11-25-2011, 10:04 AM
Of course, you would have to bring up the spin! Not the 3 wheeling, not the second fastest time of the day with a stock e30, nope. It's the spin. Ok, I'll take that. LOL.

davericher20
11-25-2011, 12:07 PM
Highlight of the night candidates:

Toyota Avalon vs. Chevy Impala battle:huh?:

Hey, don't hate the players, hate the game.

Devon won that battle, I had over-inflated tires, more weight, my tranny was slipping, couldn't get traction, it's my daily driver so I wasn't pushing it, ummmmm, oooh, I also had a killer hangnail, thing was brutal and hurt so it also might have distracted me.......ummmmm......what else.......the engine was cold so I didn't want to push it........ummmmm.......my gps was going haywire and it was always wanting me to make a u-turn.......

That's why he was faster.

dble Trouble
11-25-2011, 11:36 PM
Effin priceless Dave! Hey don't forget, that you were just warming up your tires, and that you left your slicks at home, and that you were just tooling around and..........oh forget it! LOLOLOLOL!

DIY
11-26-2011, 01:19 AM
Ps this thread just one me a pool game as a distraction, omg this girl cpuldnt be any hotter

dble Trouble
11-26-2011, 11:04 AM
do tell...........go for it mikey!

DIY
11-26-2011, 11:24 AM
Lol I need to put my phone away when I'm drinking... But I did score her number and she plays hockey :)..

Bullet Ride
11-26-2011, 12:13 PM
Ps this thread just one me a pool game as a distraction, omg this girl cpuldnt be any hotter

Lol I need to put my phone away when I'm drinking... But I did score her number and she plays hockey :)..

:D priceless

jabela
11-27-2011, 07:23 PM
Nov 20 raw results.

craz azn
11-27-2011, 08:29 PM
^ Thanks for posting!

Holy damn, my second run was rockin'... Didn't think it was that fast! I guess I should wish for rain more often haha.

E30M42cab
11-28-2011, 12:39 AM
^ Thanks for posting!

Holy damn, my second run was rockin'... Didn't think it was that fast! I guess I should wish for rain more often haha.
Whaaaat, looks like a DNF to me, haha

E30M42cab
11-28-2011, 12:58 AM
Looks like Randy won this thing? Have you guys sorted out the PAX classes for everyone. I know John was moving this weekend, but surely he fit in some time to do classing!!

craz azn
11-28-2011, 12:59 AM
Whaaaat, looks like a DNF to me, haha

Pffftt.... Damn stop cone *mumble*

richie_s999
11-28-2011, 09:40 AM
Looks like Randy won this thing? Have you guys sorted out the PAX classes for everyone. I know John was moving this weekend, but surely he fit in some time to do classing!!

unloading of trucks of said move was completed at 10pm and truck will be reloaded as of 10am this morning, I think he has more things this move then last time lol

E30M42cab
12-02-2011, 11:59 PM
Jooohhhhnnnn... this thread needs some updating!

jabela
12-03-2011, 03:37 PM
Jooohhhhnnnn... this thread needs some updating!
I have the preliminary results all done, just waiting for John to finish some classifications.

dble Trouble
12-03-2011, 06:50 PM
Shhhhhhhhh quiet............in due time!!! LOL! Evil grin.