PDA

View Full Version : Dipstick part number- 325ix- HELP!

Brian_N_NC
11-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Howdy all. Odd question I have, but hoping someone here can help. I have a suspicion that my 325iX may have the wrong dipstick in it. Can someone with an iX or, if they are the same throughout, other M20 engined car give me the part number on their dipstick. I checked the part number on REALOEM and it's different than mine. Not sure if that means for sure that mine is wrong and would prefer to verify before I order a new one. I'm thinking mine is too long causing some overfilling issues.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any info!

E30M42cab
11-02-2011, 04:21 PM
It's IX specific, other than that, I can't help you.

clementine
11-02-2011, 04:24 PM
have you tried going to a dealership?

davericher20
11-02-2011, 10:42 PM
call the dealer.
give them the part# from realoem.com.
order new one.

Brian_N_NC
11-02-2011, 10:53 PM
The problem is the dealer and realoem both list the same dipstick for the iX, iS and I. As was noted above, the iX actually uses a different dipstick, probably because of the different oil pan. I was just hoping someone with an iX might be able to check theirs and give me the proper part number so I can compare with mine.

E30M42cab
11-03-2011, 02:29 AM
The problem is the dealer and realoem both list the same dipstick for the iX, iS and I. As was noted above, the iX actually uses a different dipstick, probably because of the different oil pan. I was just hoping someone with an iX might be able to check theirs and give me the proper part number so I can compare with mine.

Uh, no it doesn't.
http://realoem.com/bmw/partxref.do?part=11431726057&showus=on&showeur=on